ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 195
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Rasputin 02:51 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Tyreek is a top 15 player in the NFL in his prime.

Trading a guy like that away is a very not ideal thing to do.

It's a thing that tanking teams who don't have championship aspirations do. Not ones supposedly in the middle of a Super Bowl window.
You are just a negative Nancy dude. Never see you post anything remotely positive.

What if we revamp our D line get a pass rusher AND score on a really good WR all in this draft? That WR can develop into a super star because WR are a lot easier to find and replace than say a LT like Orlando Brown. You got to do what it takes to stay ahead of the league and our rivals. Our rivals went older and gave up draft picks . We went younger and got bunches of draft picks and Breverand Vleaman has been improving on hitting draft picks.

Fuck our fucking offensive line is going be monstrous this year and that is going be all we need to let our offense flourish with young WRs . Will there be bumps this year most likely but over the next 5 years we will be the most dominant team in the NFL.

What this does is opens our window of opportunity next 5 years to win more Super Bowls. Probably opens next 10 years and become a dynasty because of this very trade. It worked out for the Cowboys trading Hershal Walker this is going work out but you are a reerun and Debbie Downer. Good Grief Charlie Brown you are depressing.

What have the Chiefs done since Andy Reid got here?

Andy Reid has not had a losing season since he got here his worst year was 2014 he was 9-7. We are perennial Super Bowl contenders under Andy Reid with Patrick Mahomes.

Comochiefsfan kiss this :-)
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:51 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Would you rather have Hill or have Ronald Jones, Clowney and Marquez Valdes-Scantling?
Hill.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:52 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Name a player as good as Tyreek that New England traded away in their prime.

I mean top 10 in the league hall of fame caliber player.

Not some fringe pro bowler.
They let Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Richard Seymour go :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:52 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You do know that the optimistic folks here face the same level of vitriol that the pessimistic folks do, right?

It doesn't matter which side you're on, the other side's opinion is essentially unassailable.
Same level?

Are you holding a poster like me to the antics of your worst enemies?

The central dynamic has been for a long time that I tried to find an optimistic path from promising player developments throughout the team and given the realities of the league, and for that I've been accused of everything from undyling love of Alex and mediocrity to wanting to birth his babies, even though I was just being objective and realistic.

And once the QB-fiends get what WE ALL WANTED in Mahomes, it turns into 'hey! Everything's fine, just enjoy!! Nobody makes mistakes anymore . . . There are no obstacles that can't be overcome with Mahomes flinging another few impossible passes, and if we don't win, . . . well maybe we win tomorrow, or next year, or in a few years, . . . stop moping.'

And even then, the response wasn't vitriol, but cautious admonition . . .

Who lobbed vitriol at you for overconfidence? Name names.
[Reply]
Shields68 02:52 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:

72 million guaranteed over 4 years is 18 mil a year...

Uh, how's that a bad deal? I'd guarantee Tyreek that over the next 4 years easily.
120 over 4 years. You do not get the full four years if you only pay him the guaranteed portion.

The Dolphins and Tyreek Hill have reportedly agreed to a four-year extension, worth up to $120 million, with $72.2 million guaranteed https://t.co/jmhIymfT7R

— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
boilertiger 02:52 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Richard Seymour. The End.

Sit the **** down.
BINGO.. this is the Seymour trade all over again. Anyone who doesn't know what that trade was either isn't very old or doesn't know their NFL history.

That trade SHOCKED the NFL and laid the building blocks for the second phase of the Pats dynasty.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:53 PM 03-23-2022
4 years and close to 125m all essentially fully guaranteed.

No snow
Not cold half the year
Lots to do and other major sports teams in the market.

I can’t blame him for looking at those aspects after winning a title in KC and having nothing left to prove.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:53 PM 03-23-2022
Still laughing at "seeking 2 first rounders" turning into #29 and chaff. Fucking abysmal
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:54 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:

72 million guaranteed over 4 years is 18 mil a year...

Uh, how's that a bad deal? I'd guarantee Tyreek that over the next 4 years easily.
His contract isn’t 4 years and $72 million. They’re on hook for his cap hit this year plus the extension.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by boilertiger:
BINGO.. this is the Seymour trade all over again. Anyone who doesn't know what that trade was either isn't very old or doesn't know their NFL history.

That trade SHOCKED the NFL and laid the building blocks for the second phase of the Pats dynasty.
He was thirty and hadn't been to a Pro Bowl in three years :-)

This is NOTHING like that.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:54 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Would you rather have Hill or have Ronald Jones, Clowney and Marquez Valdes-Scantling?
Hill.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:54 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Same level?

Are you holding a poster like me to the antics of your worst enemies?

The central dynamic has been for a long time that I tried to find an optimistic path from promising player developments throughout the team and given the realities of the league, and for that I've been accused of everything from undyling love of Alex and mediocrity to wanting to birth his babies, even though I was just being objective and realistic.

And once the QB-fiends get what WE ALL WANTED in Mahomes, it turns into 'hey! Everything's fine, just enjoy!! Nobody makes mistakes anymore . . . There are no obstacles that can't be overcome with Mahomes flinging another few impossible passes, and if we don't win, . . . well maybe we win tomorrow, or next year, or in a few years, . . . stop moping.'

And even then, the response wasn't vitriol, but cautious admonition . . .

Who lobbed vitriol at you for overconfidence? Name names.
Should’ve known this was all about Mahomes and Alex for you.

JFC man get over it.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:54 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They let Randy Miss, Wes Welker and Richard Seymour go :-)
You're comparing brokedick Richard Seymour, system Wes Welker and washed Randy Moss to Tyreek Hill IN HIS PRIME!!!

This is copium of the highest order. None of those guys were close to as good as Hill is right now at the moment they were let go.
[Reply]
TEX 02:55 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He was thirty and hadn't been to a Pro Bowl in three years :-)

This is NOTHING like that.
EXACTLY! This is just dumb
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:55 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Just can not buy into this way of thinking. I could if KC traded just a regular good player away. They didn't. They traded away arguably the best game changer in the league in his prime. A guy who is on course for the HOF. Sure we got picks, but the last time we had good picks on offense we went CEH and Hardman. That does not instill confidence. KC will be kicking themselves in the future for doing this IMO.
I didn't understand how we were going to fill all of our holes before this trade.

Now I see an avenue to do that better than I had anticipated, but we had to sacrifice Hill in order to do so.

Net net it's a loss for sure. But this team was likely to take some step back anyway. And now we've just charted a course for the longer term with less visibility.

End of the day: would you have paid Hill that money? And then been content having vet minimums and draft picks filling in all of our existing holes?

I can understand if someone says "yes, he's worth it." But if those vets decline further and if those draft picks don't pan out, we've just gotten older and less flexible as a team and that will hamstring us for years.

Here you can see this fits with Veach's proclivity to stay younger and a desire to re-center the team. I don't fault him in the slightest for this trade, but obviously some of his prior misses are what made this necessary.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 195
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up