Page 64 of 112
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:44 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Calling my shot: Veach is gonna get an awesome draft class and we’ll look like winners of the Tyreek trade by this time next year.

Draft is pure sex at WR, DE and corner. Yeah we upgrading baby.

LFG!
needs to be in Daface’s optimist thread.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:50 PM 03-24-2022
Have people forgotten the model that works out to sustained success, rather than up and down at best? It's getting the HC and QB in place, then reloading periodically in the draft. You don't give aging veterans massive contracts. You generally grow talent through the draft, later bringing more picks back by selling high on veteran players before they leave in free agency, and then drafting well once again. Hill was a fifth round pick who we've now turned into almost a whole class of draft value. That's one example of it.

No we can't replace Hill's singular talent, but we absolutely can get better as a team if we lose him but, through all the picks and free agent cash, eventually upgrade 3 or 4 positions. We chose 5 draft picks AND ~$50 or 75 million in cap space over one guy. (One guy who's now 28)

If you're trying to be a perennial contender, you continue to bet on yourself in the draft and live on players' best years and best contracts. That's the sustained success model. Hill's contract is the opposite of that, and it's what franchises like Miami do.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:12 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I'm 100% NOT rooting for this but I have a weird feeling things go bad in Miami with Tyreek. Either an injury or chemistry issues with the coach/qb/team.
I mean, Tua sucks asshole, so yeah.
[Reply]
bevischief 11:32 PM 03-24-2022
Tua... Can I get food stamps now...
[Reply]
JPH83 02:00 AM 03-25-2022
I was wondering when this thread would come back round. We'll see how the offence does this season but I suspect if we're not winning a SB or near abouts then Veach's greateness is going to be very much debateable.
[Reply]
Bump 02:14 AM 03-25-2022
This offseason will definitely define Veach's legacy
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:16 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I was wondering when this thread would come back round. We'll see how the offence does this season but I suspect if we're not winning a SB or near abouts then Veach's greateness is going to be very much debateable.
He doesn't have to win us a Super Bowl this year but what he did was set us up for the next 5 years at least open the window for more Super Bowl Glory opportunities. Last year he built a Offensive line this year in the draft going get us some big D lineman and pass rushers and what ever else best player available we can get.

The players we get in this draft have to develop but once they get good this team is going be very much competing for Super Bowls. I would never bet against Chiefs Mahomes Super Bowl any year as long as he is a Chief and healthy.

What we are doing is reloading and getting younger so the players can develop and the rest of the division blew their wads out of despartaion. Veach took one player and turned it into 5 potential starters or at least contributors to winning Super Bowl(s)

Veach greatness will come when this years draft class pays off and the moves pay off for years to come and I expect he is going be our GM for a long time and he will give us best players to compete for Super Bowls that will be his legacy. When things looked bad last year he made a trade that helped our defense and we went on a winning streak. So I don't know why anyone would second guess Vrooch brilliance?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:39 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I'm 100% NOT rooting for this but I have a weird feeling things go bad in Miami with Tyreek. Either an injury or chemistry issues with the coach/qb/team.

Most likely you're right but if Coaching plays to what Tua can do and get Hill the ball closer to the LOS Hill could have a very productive year. I always thought we should have used Hill just a little more in the backfield.
[Reply]
Bump 02:40 AM 03-25-2022
gotta just draft a kick ass edge rusher, WR and CB. Preferably all 3 in the first 4 picks. Unless someone just flat out fell in the draft and is the clear BPA or something like that.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 04:47 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Most likely you're right but if Coaching plays to what Tua can do and get Hill the ball closer to the LOS Hill could have a very productive year. I always thought we should have used Hill just a little more in the backfield.
Tyreek is strong, but small. He wouldn't last long if you used him like that!
[Reply]
RunKC 10:21 PM 09-15-2022
-Karlaftis looks really good
-McDuffie looked really good covering Hollywood Brown (he may be our best corner fellas)
-Jaylen Watson showing out looking solid
-Pacheco flashing

And it’s only been 2 games. I don’t think I even need to mention the cherry on top with is finding a quality Ivy League receiver from Tampa Bay’s scrap heap who hadn’t scored a TD since 2019 but made a big difference in tonight’s game.

Good God guys. The Golden Age of Chiefs football is upon us
[Reply]
staylor26 10:22 PM 09-15-2022
Andy, Pat, Veach.

Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:23 PM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
-Karlaftis looks really good
-McDuffie looked really good covering Hollywood Brown (he may be our best corner fellas)
-Jaylen Watson showing out looking solid
-Pacheco flashing

And it’s only been 2 games. I don’t think I even need to mention the cherry on top with is finding a quality Ivy League receiver from Tampa Bay’s scrap heap who hadn’t scored a TD since 2019 but made a big difference in tonight’s game.

Good God guys. The Golden Age of Chiefs football is upon us
And Bryan Cook did...

Oh, nevermind. Also, did Moore even see the field as a receiver? I don't care because he was so sure-handed on those punts and I am 98% sure Hardman would've fumbled one of them.

Weird game but the rookie class looks great overall.
[Reply]
TLO 10:23 PM 09-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Veach, Andy, Pat

Father, Son, and the Hoky Spirit.
Hoky
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:25 PM 09-15-2022
Bryan Cook got dinged for a penalty he didn't actually commit though, correct? The blocking out of bounds was actually Lammons.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 112
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Up