ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 120
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:33 AM 07-15-2023
We have no legit OF talent
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:02 PM 07-15-2023
Pallette sucks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:07 PM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
We have no legit OF talent
Arozarena, Garcia, and Lane Thomas have a combined 8.4 WAR this year, which is more than Goldschmidt, Arenado, Noot, Donovan, O'Neill, Liberatore, and Carlson combined.

That's fucking priceless.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:37 PM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
More likely it would mean you stop pretending Gorman is ever going to be a 2b.
I’ve not watched all the games. Games I watch I fast forward through a lot. That said, what I’ve seen Gorman has been an acceptable 2nd baseman.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:17 PM 07-17-2023
So I have been hearing that the Tampa Bay Rays are interested in Jack Flaherty and Jordan Montgomery.
What would you all want in return for such a trade?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:24 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
So I have been hearing that the Tampa Bay Rays are interested in Jack Flaherty and Jordan Montgomery.
They have a loaded system.

The problem is that they're MUCH smarter than we are. If they have someone they're willing to give up, you should probably look elsewhere. They know more about their players than we know about ours, that's for damn sure.

They have so much IF depth but honestly that's the one area that we're in okay shape in. Then again, Caminero, Mead and Manzardo aren't guys you get for the Flaherty/Montgomery rentals of the world.

Let's swap Mongtomerys - Jordan for Mason.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 04:25 PM 07-17-2023
Mo said it's all about pitching, pitching, and more pitching at the trade deadline. He needs to get best player available and use that as a bargaining chip elsewhere, if needed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:29 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Montgomery and Flaherty pitching well lately should boost their value. We should get solid players for them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:46 PM 07-17-2023
This is the real problem why nothing will change.

From Bernie
But we must understand that Mozeliak has nothing to fear because he’s protected by DeWitt. And Marmol has nothing to fear because he’s protected by Mozeliak. And DeWitt has nothing to fear because he owns the team.
What a cozy, convenient arrangement this is.

And you wonder why there’s no accountability?
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:02 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Montgomery and Flaherty pitching well lately should boost their value. We should get solid players for them.
Don't be so sure. Teams know we are desperate and there's no team control after this year. They're both rentals.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:43 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This is the real problem why nothing will change.

From Bernie
But we must understand that Mozeliak has nothing to fear because he’s protected by DeWitt. And Marmol has nothing to fear because he’s protected by Mozeliak. And DeWitt has nothing to fear because he owns the team.
What a cozy, convenient arrangement this is.

And you wonder why there’s no accountability?
Stop buying tickets and watching games. Only thing that matters
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:10 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Don't be so sure. Teams know we are desperate and there's no team control after this year. They're both rentals.
Doesn't matter - sellers market.

If you can't get THIS right, you serve truly no purpose. There are enough teams in contention that need SP that there's no excuse at all to not leverage a very strong return.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:41 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:

If you can't get THIS right, you serve truly no purpose. There are enough teams in contention that need SP that there's no excuse at all to not leverage a very strong return.
What DJ said, sellers always do well at trade deadlines. Wellll except us. But, we have the best hand so they really have to fuck it up
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:45 PM 07-17-2023
DeJong had better be gone or on the bench next year

Masyn Winn is rolling in Triple-A. Just launched his 11th HRof the season and also stole his 16th base tonight.

Entered the game slashing .298/.371/.460 over his last 30 games. One of the youngest players at the level at 21 years old. pic.twitter.com/9BOthAzhJB

— Aram Leighton (@AramLeighton8) July 15, 2023

[Reply]
raybec 4 07:00 PM 07-17-2023

Mo hasn't shown the ability to make good decisions in the best of times, I have no confidence in his ability to make good decisions under pressure.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 120
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Up