ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 104
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Bengals (AFC Championship Rd)
RunKC 04:45 PM 01-22-2023
Welp this game has been on everyone’s minds since the start of the season.

Let’s get some revenge goddamnit!
[Reply]
Mecca 10:40 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The hell are you wanting people to say? Both lines have been absolutely awful in recent games against Cincinnati. Sorry, but this is a discussion, not a get together and blow smoke up the Chiefs collective asses party, and the DL being completely worthless at pressuring Burrow while the OL, especially the OTs, routinely get smacked around by the Bengals are going to be huge deciding factors in this game, ESPECIALLY if Mahomes hurts that ankle again trying to compensate for the pressure allowed.
Lets also remember, Andy Reid is an awesome coach that has gotten good production from some pretty average QB's. He's backed off with Mahomes because he can but this is a game for Reid to do what he does.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:41 AM 01-26-2023
I like the Chiefs! They’re going to win!
Fyp
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 01-26-2023
The hell are you wanting people to say? Both lines have been absolutely awful in recent games against Cincinnati. Sorry, but this is a discussion, not a get together and blow smoke up the Chiefs collective asses party, and the DL being completely worthless at pressuring Burrow while the OL, especially the OTs, routinely get smacked around by the Bengals are going to be huge deciding factors in this game, ESPECIALLY if Mahomes hurts that ankle again trying to compensate for the pressure allowed.
How about just don't say anything?

Seriously, we ALL know how you feel about this game. Nobody cares. We're going to enjoy this week and we're going to enjoy it even more when the Chiefs win.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:42 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I would actually blame Mahomes way more for that Rams loss than for the playoff loss to the Patriots. He had 3 bad turnovers against the Rams that directly gave the Rams 21 points. Patrick himself said after the game that he gave 21 points to the Rams. He had 0 turnovers against the Patriots. Jared Goff also had 2 bad turnovers that directly led to 14 points for the Chiefs. So remove the turnovers by the Chief & Ram QB's. You end up with a 37-33 win for the Chiefs instead of a 54-51 win for the Rams.

Speaking of that Rams team, Belichick's defense held the Rams to 3 points in the Super Bowl. That's extremely impressive considering the Rams scored over 30 points per game throughout the season. It also adds context to Mahomes scoring 31 on Belichick's defense a couple weeks earlier.
It’s also a product of the genius that is Andy Reid. Take a look at the opening game of that 2017 season. It was KC vs NE and the Chiefs lit up that defense……….with Alex Smith!
[Reply]
chinaski 10:42 AM 01-26-2023
FWIW, I won $100 on a scratcher ticket the other day, I think it's a sign. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:42 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by chinaski:
FWIW, I won $100 on a scratcher ticket the other day, I think it's a sign. :-)
We are back. LFG.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 01-26-2023
And yes, I'm going a little overboard in saying don't say literally anything at all.

But that's to illustrate that you're going completely over the top as well.

There's nothing wrong with discussing strengths and weaknesses. But when all you ever do is point out weaknesses and don't add anything else to the discussion, what do you expect people to think?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:44 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How about just don't say anything?

Seriously, we ALL know how you feel about this game. Nobody cares. We're going to enjoy this week and we're going to enjoy it even more when the Chiefs win.
Nah, it's fun to play heel once in a while.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:46 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And yes, I'm going a little overboard in saying don't say literally anything at all.

But that's to illustrate that you're going completely over the top as well.

There's nothing wrong with discussing strengths and weaknesses. But when all you ever do is point out weaknesses and don't add anything else to the discussion, what do you expect people to think?
Huh? I'm not only being negative. I'm genuinely ecstatic Hardman is going to be back. He could be one of the deciding factors if the Bengals can't get overly aggressive with their blitz packages to account for him.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:47 AM 01-26-2023
Huh? I'm not only being negative. I'm genuinely ecstatic Hardman is going to be back. He could be one of the deciding factors if the Bengals can't get overly aggressive with their blitz packages to account for him.
Hardman, Toney and Thuney all missed the last game...
[Reply]
tredadda 10:48 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
He's a defensive coach with very short history of being "only" a coordinator.

The league has been moving towards young, innovative offensive-minded coaches for a few years now.
Then why has DeMeco Ryans been getting interviews? I don’t think teams view him as a Rooney Rule interview.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 01-26-2023, 10:48 AM
This message has been deleted by HC_Chief. Reason: Clark played
UChieffyBugger 10:50 AM 01-26-2023
Some things that has me wondering.

This was the situation in the regular season game.

1. They were at home.

2. They had their best OL available

3. We had no Toney, Hardman, Thuney or Clyde

4. Juju had just returned from an injury and still wasn't 100%

5. Our defensive rookies were less experienced

6. Tre Flowers (the guy they used to help double Kelce) was healthy

And with all that we lead going into the fourth quarter and they needed a fumble and missed FG in order to win by three.

Now everything I listed above will be flipped on sunday.

1. We're at home

2. They have three backup OL guys playing

3. Toney, Hardman, Thuney and maybe Clyde will play

4. Juju is healthy

5. Our rookies have way more games under their belts now.

6. Tre Flowers is banged up and may miss this game like he did the Bills one

Now these things might not mean anything come Sunday.. but the fact is they had things way more in their favour the last time we played them and it was only a three point game and they needed a little fortune to go their way.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:52 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hardman, Toney and Thuney all missed the last game...
I rewatched the most recent games against Jaguars & Raiders yesterday. Toney jumps off the screen as a difference maker. He has not been part of any game with the Bengals so far. He not only has tremendous quickness & speed to help pick up first downs, he also seems to be a pretty physical runner at times.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:54 AM 01-26-2023
Being excited about CEH coming back is like being excited the cancer you fought into remission returned. Fuck all the way of with that nonsense. He can sit on the sidelines with Moore
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:55 AM 01-26-2023
Being excited about CEH coming back is like being excited the cancer you fought into remission returned. Fuck all the way of with that nonsense. He can sit on the sidelines with Moore
:-)

Gotta give credit where it's due.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 104
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up