ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 383
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official Chiefs VS Patriots AFC Championship Game Thread ****
007 09:17 PM 01-12-2019
To hell with all the superstitions. Go get that Lamar Hunt trophy. The time is now.

Bring it home Chiefs!!!

January 20, 2019
5:40pm CST kickoff
Arrowhead Stadium
Kansas City, MO

[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:15 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Justin Houston. :-)
Damn you
[Reply]
PatriotsGuy 01:15 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Oh, dude, for sure. I mean, you haven't experienced Midwest cold. It's not so much the temperature as it is the bleakness of it. Like, there's NO moisture in the air. It's like God has abandoned the place. Like the whole city is infested with Dementors.

But, having said that, wind coming off the water in Boston is no joke, either.

This is why I am excited about this game. It's Tom Brady. It's the Hoodie. It's the Pats. They are the single most battle-tested and proven dynasty in history. They're not the pussy ass dome-team Colts. They know the elements. They run the ball. They play defense and pass protect. They are smart and talented and execute good game plans.

Whoever goes to the Super Bowl will have fucking earned it this year. The four best teams remain, like the 2008 Final Four. No flukes. No Cinderellas.

And 2008 worked out for me pretty well, so...
lol no I have not experienced Midwest cold but I am originally from Montreal so I know COLD. I agree with everything else you posted, I am excited for this game. I have already taken Monday off to either mourn or celebrate (but mostly for my hangover).
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 01:18 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by EyePod:
Who are the Chiefs LBs is a better question. After losing DJ this is our biggest gap and why we are so bad at run stuffing.
I consider Ford a lot more than a pass rusher. One of the best in the NFL
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:18 PM 01-14-2019
If you're from Canada our "you don't understand the cold" smack is officially over.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:19 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I would think people prefer super cold with no precip over the precip conditions last weekend.
Nah....snow was fun and it wasn't really that cold.

32deg isn't cold.

Single digits is cold...and there's a big difference, especially if wind is involved.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 01:19 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Anthony Hitchens was supposed to be the guy so the Chiefs paid him a ton of money. Whoops, he's really great at tackling people in the secondary, I guess?
Ouch.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:22 PM 01-14-2019
Anyone watch the Pats v. Bills game? I know the Bills have a good defense and a good secondary... but I was surprised to see that they held Brady to a 48.3 QB rating. Bob Sutton should be watching that game film & mimic as much as our personnel will allow. :-)
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 01:28 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Anyone watch the Pats v. Bills game? I know the Bills have a good defense and a good secondary... but I was surprised to see that they held Brady to a 48.3 QB rating. Bob Sutton should be watching that game film & mimic as much as our personnel will allow. :-)
Pats fan here

Tom did not play well vs BUF the second time. 1st time he owned them. With that said he had been dealing with a sprained MCL from the TN game to the Pitt loss. Hes feeling good now.

The book on Tom is simple.

-Tight man coverage on the outside.
-Flood the middle of the field
-Get pressure up the middle (DT or disguised blitz)

Bills have a rock-solid secondary and fast LBs.

I think your D is better than the #s but not sure you have BUFs personnel?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:30 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This will be the issue. Dorian O'Daniel, who missed the last game is by far our best cover LB but he is a liability against the run.
I know people are worried about it but DOD just isn’t ready to play. Plus Ragland has looked good in both the Raiders and Colts games.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:30 PM 01-14-2019
Well the good news for us is that pressure up the middle is literally the only thing this defense is good at.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:31 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
Pats fan here

Tom did not play well vs BUF the second time. 1st time he owned them. With that said he had been dealing with a sprained MCL from the TN game to the Pitt loss. Hes feeling good now.

The book on Tom is simple.

-Tight man coverage on the outside.
-Flood the middle of the field
-Get pressure up the middle (DT or disguised blitz)

Bills have a rock-solid secondary and fast LBs.

I think your D is better than the #s but not sure you have BUFs personnel?
We have a much better pass rush.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:32 PM 01-14-2019
Our tackling somehow improved in 2 weeks. I hardly saw any missed tackles Saturday
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:32 PM 01-14-2019
Lucas and Ward
[Reply]
CrossCheck 01:32 PM 01-14-2019
Tom Brady sacrificed at least $60 million in his career with discounted contracts for the Patriots

https://www.businessinsider.com/tom-...rce=reddit.com
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:35 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Oh, dude, for sure. I mean, you haven't experienced Midwest cold. It's not so much the temperature as it is the bleakness of it. Like, there's NO moisture in the air. It's like God has abandoned the place. Like the whole city is infested with Dementors.

Being from Colorado, I'm never prepared for the cold weather in humid places. Our cold weather is a playful friendly nip from Jack Frost, but in contrast to your theory I think it's because our dry, lighter air doesn't carry moisture. I go other places now and it's like getting attacked by that yeti in the Frosty the Snowman cartoon. The cold sinks into my bones. 20 degrees here is jacket weather, and 20 degrees anywhere in the midwest or northeast is parka weather with a ski mask.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 383
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up