ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 80
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:24 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, I made the mistake of perusing Chiefs stuff on FB while I was taking a break from here. The average fan (and not just the average Chiefs fan) knows virtually nothing about actual football.
I'm always super nervous before playoff games, because we all know they're capable of losing games like Alex Smith did against the Titans and Colts!

(and that's a real comment from reddit)
[Reply]
crispystl 08:24 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Outside of all the stuff said above, he also said some really nasty things about Reid and his son after his death on local radio.
Yeah I was thinking he might have been of the guys that criticized Andy as a father. That would make sense because like DJ said that was the death look, and Andy typically doesn't behave like that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:26 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm always super nervous before playoff games, because we all know they're capable of losing games like Alex Smith did against the Titans and Colts!

The Chiefs should rest Mahomes against the Bengals and just play Henne. We need Mahomes for the Super Bowl.

(actual comment from FB)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:28 AM 01-26-2023
The Chiefs should rest Mahomes against the Bengals and just play Henne. We need Mahomes for the Super Bowl.

(actual comment from FB)
:-)
[Reply]
wazu 08:28 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I think he was insulting Sal's ego. Sal IIRC kind of made it a mission to get Andy fired those last few years in Philly.

Also said this: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...erest-in-reid/
This article is amazing.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:29 AM 01-26-2023

(actual comment from FB)
Okay, you win. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 08:33 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

(actual comment from FB)

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:38 AM 01-26-2023
Oh I don't disagree. But the majority of fans don't believe it. They truly think the Bengals are going to trounce the Chiefs.
I have my concerns about special teams, a 48 yarder needs to be made to win the game... DE's covering elite WR's(You don't think they will exploit that Spags? 4 rookies starting. Sometimes the OL loses focus and misses assignments(usually no big deal except we have a non-mobile QB for this game). That said...........

I think this team is pissed, angry and out for some revenge. Last years embarrassment, Burrowhead, 0-3 against their main competitor.

Then there is Mahomes.... National media deeply discounting Mahomes. He's won a SB, SBMVP, 2 MVP's, every year he has started has been to the AFCCG at Arrowhead. Burrows has done none od that yet he is being crowned as better than Mahomes.

I still think Andy has a game plan with a hobbled Mahomes. We are going to our 3rd SB right through those ass hat Bengals.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:38 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've had both; a consequence of being a game but mediocre baseball and basketball player.

I'm about 70% convinced that the really severe one bothered me longer than a break would've. Took almost a year to get full range of motion back in my ankle; spent a few weeks in a boot.

Ultimately that's why I'm more concerned about the inevitable 'tweaks' than anything. I mean if I rolled over in bed, my foot got hung in the sheet and then twisted 20 degrees off center, I'd wake up in stabbing pain. No matter how careful he is or how well protected he is, there will be at least a half dozen instances of substantially more aggressive torque on that ankle.

I have a big ol' coffee table in my living room; probably weights about 120 lbs. So, y'know, half of Arden Key. I asked my wife what would happen if I took that table, elevated it, then dropped the fucking thing on the side of my calf from about waist high.

I mean when you think of it that way and recognize the amount of force that went into that injury...fuuuuuuuuuuck. Sure, he's tough. that's everyone's takeaway here. But he's just a damn alien - how the hell did that leg not detonate? The ability to play through a sprain is impressive but what's truly miraculous was that it was ONLY a sprain.

The guy's just absolutely remarkable.
Originally Posted by loochy:
The high ones are completely different. Some activities are just fine. When I had mine, walking down stairs was very difficult. For the most part, normal daily things like walking is fine. Pivoting and pushing off proved quite painful though.
Yeah, I've never had a high one. I had one where it went down and off the side. That was probably the worst one I had, but I'm 99% sure it didn't get into the high ankle portion, but fuck it was horrible.

So I was trying to figure out where/how it would hurt. It's where your foot torques to the outside right? So it would be at the back of every dropback? Am I understanding that right?

Fuck.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:41 AM 01-26-2023

(actual comment from FB)
That's nothing compared to what's being said in Cincy. They're CONVINCED this us an easy win
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 08:41 AM 01-26-2023
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
penguinz 08:42 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yikes, no. Petro is at least intelligent. Fescoe is not acting, he is like listening to the dumbest drunk guy in a bar. I just want him to shut up because silence would be better.
You are about as wrong as one can be.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:44 AM 01-26-2023
Might be Q but X-Ray of Mahome's ankle.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:49 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
That's nothing compared to what's being said in Cincy. They're CONVINCED this us an easy win
It's not just in Cinci. The Chiefs pages on FB are absolutely infested with Bengals fans that are already making Super Bowl plans.

The entire fanbase just assumes they're going to beat the Chiefs.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:52 AM 01-26-2023
It's not just in Cinci. The Chiefs pages on FB are absolutely infested with Bengals fans that are already making Super Bowl plans.

The entire fanbase just assumes they're going to beat the Chiefs.
Going to be fun watching them melt down.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 80
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up