ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 256
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
Johnny8 11:44 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Baltimore should be the favorite. Hard to justify why KC being the favorites.

Baltimore has an elite defense, they had the best record in football this year, beat a lot of very good teams, is at home, has a very good offense, has the soon to be league MVP and just dominated their first playoff opponent (who embarrassed the Browns a week prior).

The fact that they are only like 3 to 3.5 point favorites speaks a ton about what Vegas thinks of KC. In this respect I think Wright is incorrect.
I think you nailed it here. I really thought we'd open up at around 4.5-5.5 favorites. The fact that it's 3/3.5 is because of Mahomes/Reid and KC's ability to shine in the post season.
[Reply]
OneWinningDrive 11:48 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I hope so at least. KC has been so sloppy this season that Baltimore might not need their best stuff to win. The Chiefs are one of the best teams in the 2023 NFL season at shooting themselves in the foot, haha. Offensive Line penalties, bad interceptions by Patrick, bad fumbles by various players, bad route running by receivers, bad drops by the receivers...hell, really dumb playcalls from Andy in certain situations.

But they did show some signs of life after their meltdown game against the Raiders on Christmas Day. Andy Reid supposedly trimmed down the playbook, benched a couple of WR's who have been a major problem. Patrick seems way more focused than he did a month ago. Kelce seems way more focused than he has looked all season as well. They've already made it further in the Playoffs than I expected after the Christmas game.

So what the heck, let's roll the dice and see how it goes. It would be cool if this game turns into a pretty good shootout in the 4th quarter.
I think the Ravens could bring their "B" game and beat most teams in the NFL, but not the Chiefs. Mahomes is as much of a gamer as there is; I can't even conceive of him sitting a game due to injury. Kelce acts like a stereotypical TE jock, but his understanding of how to get open even when the entire gameplan revolves around containing him is genius. And the coaching staff has seen everything there is to see.

I get the feeling this is going to be a "kitchen sink" game. The Ravens are going to debut some looks on both offense and defense (and knowing Harbaugh, special teams) that they've been saving all year for a moment like this. Ditto for the Chiefs. Should be fun.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:52 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by OneWinningDrive:
I think the Ravens could bring their "B" game and beat most teams in the NFL, but not the Chiefs. Mahomes is as much of a gamer as there is; I can't even conceive of him sitting a game due to injury. Kelce acts like a stereotypical TE jock, but his understanding of how to get open even when the entire gameplan revolves around containing him is genius. And the coaching staff has seen everything there is to see.

I get the feeling this is going to be a "kitchen sink" game. The Ravens are going to debut some looks on both offense and defense (and knowing Harbaugh, special teams) that they've been saving all year for a moment like this. Ditto for the Chiefs. Should be fun.
It's definitely a kitchen sink kind of game, haha.

Agree with you about Kelce. Much smarter guy than he pretends to be. Played QB in high school and seems to read the defenses about as well as Mahomes. He has slowed down a lot in recent years, but I think the knee injury right before the Detroit game (and maybe the ankle injury in Minnesota) have been contributing to his struggles this season. He said he plans to play next season, and I hope he can have a healthier run. See if he's got some extra juice in his step with healthier legs.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:55 PM 01-23-2024
Alright Ravens fans, it’s time for the real analysis.

Chris Jones’s dick famously flopped out while running the 40 at the combine. It’s huge.

Which player on your team has the biggest? And is it bigger than Chris Jones’s?
[Reply]
Johnny8 11:59 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
He runs as much as he did that game, he’s gonna not make it to the end. And almost 3 seasons ago. Weren’t you complaining about this very thing?
This was literally the last time they played, I don't know how I could have come up with a more recent example!
[Reply]
OneWinningDrive 12:02 AM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Alright Ravens fans, it’s time for the real analysis.

Chris Jones’s dick famously flopped out while running the 40 at the combine. It’s huge.

Which player on your team has the biggest? And is it bigger than Chris Jones’s?
Somehow learning that Chris Jones has a hammer makes perfect sense. BDE for sure.

I'm gonna go with Odafe Oweh. Not only because he's one of the freakiest physical specimens in the league and looks like he was carved out of stone. But also because he's the guy who the Ravens took in the first round after we dumped Orlando Brown Jr. on you, so I needed to find a way to work that dig in somehow :-)
[Reply]
Basileus777 12:06 AM 01-24-2024
"Most team with winning records" marks don't mean that much when you realize that you are really only looking at the few years of 17 game seasons (there are significantly more teams with winning records now). It's like Philly's sack record from last year.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:08 AM 01-24-2024
Somehow learning that Chris Jones has a hammer makes perfect sense. BDE for sure.

I'm gonna go with Odafe Oweh. Not only because he's one of the freakiest physical specimens in the league and looks like he was carved out of stone. But also because he's the guy who the Ravens took in the first round after we dumped Orlando Brown Jr. on you, so I needed to find a way to work that dig in somehow :-)
LOL...as bad as Orlando was, Andy & Mahomes found a way to win a ring with him. At least he didn't completely kill the team's chances.

I do get some pleasure knowing that Orlando went to the open market and found out the hard way that KC's offer to him was very fair. Bengals ended up paying him a lot less than what KC offered. Bunch of teams around the league told him they only wanted him at Right Tackle instead of Left Tackle. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 12:08 AM 01-24-2024
Chiefs win 20-10. Stifling defense with Jones, Sneed, McDuffie, and Bolton shitting all over them.
[Reply]
Johnny8 12:12 AM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by seamonster:
A lot of these Baltimore fans are band wagon jumpers that abandoned the Redskins. They're front runners.
Do you have like a cousin's neighbor's friend that did this or something? It's the second time you have said this and is just wildly untrue. I live in DC and the Commanders have a following that's extremely loyal that love/hate their team. Baltimore is 40 miles away and has a very different fan base. Yes, there may have been some people that live in between 29 years ago that switched, I guess. But on balance this just isn't true.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:16 AM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
wallcrawler doing his little shimmy

it makes the women on CP puke
Why don't you curl up in a corner and tell us all about how terrified of the Ravens you are.
[Reply]
OneWinningDrive 12:18 AM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
LOL...as bad as Orlando was, Andy & Mahomes found a way to win a ring with him. At least he didn't completely kill the team's chances.

I do get some pleasure knowing that Orlando went to the open market and found out the hard way that KC's offer to him was very fair. Bengals ended up paying him a lot less than what KC offered. Bunch of teams around the league told him they only wanted him at Right Tackle instead of Left Tackle. :-)
Agreed, I was just breaking balls. It was a fine trade for both sides. DeCosta loves to recoup high draft capital for players the Ravens don't intend to re-sign. And the Chiefs had a screaming need and did get back a good pick swap along with OBJr.

The Bengals are the ones who got stuck holding the bag, which we can all celebrate :-)
[Reply]
OneWinningDrive 12:20 AM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
"Most team with winning records" marks don't mean that much when you realize that you are really only looking at the few years of 17 game seasons (there are significantly more teams with winning records now). It's like Philly's sack record from last year.
Agreed if all you were looking at is raw wins. But DVOA accounts was specifically designed to account for a team's strength relative to its contemporaries and is adjusted on a per-game basis, and the 2023 Ravens are one of the best DVOA teams of all time.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:21 AM 01-24-2024
Agreed, I was just breaking balls. It was a fine trade for both sides. DeCosta loves to recoup high draft capital for players the Ravens don't intend to re-sign. And the Chiefs had a screaming need and did get back a good pick swap along with OBJr.

The Bengals are the ones who got stuck holding the bag, which we can all celebrate :-)
I still can't believe the Bengals signed him after watching him struggle against the Cincy pass rushers in a bunch of games. Pretty strange decision by them. "We've torched this guy in the past and it helped us disrupt Mahomes. Let's sign this dude to protect Burrow!" :-)
[Reply]
Johnny8 12:25 AM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Ravens fans are awfully cocky for a team that was getting its shit pushed in by a far inferior defense that had their QB in a blender for a half…

Houston gave the blueprint…they just didn’t have the guys to keep it going and their offense was so depleted it didn’t matter. That was still a game halfway through the 3rd….

We ain’t the ****ing Texans….
....we won by 24. Shit pushed in? We had a painfully mediocre half...scored 34 points and our defense let us 3 points...total. Yes, copy their blueprint it was a good one!!
[Reply]
Page 63 of 256
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up