ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 270
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:10 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We lost those games because no one got open before Pat had to scramble or otherwise pull it down. You can watch him raise the ball, then pull it down on multiple snaps, sometimes more than once during a single play, because our role players couldn't get open in time. Now, yes, that's because those guys get paid too, but it's also because JAGs rarely get open vs. good defenders.

And I mentioned Thielen last season during the IND circus GDT, so I'm aware that he's a likely target for Veach. At least he's probably a better overall WR than JJSS, but the difference isn't much, if any.
You can also see a wide open RB in the flat on most of those. But keep dreaming. And MVS got them for 6/116 and a TD when it mattered. Our number one offense sucks, and we need to throw.money and picks at DHop. You win.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:23 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You can also see a wide open RB in the flat on most of those. But keep dreaming. Our number one offense sucks, and we need to throw.money and picks at DHop. You win.
Not sure why you are getting so riled up about this.

No one is saying our #1 offense sucks. Everyone including Mr. Veach, Andy and Patrick will say, theres always room for improvement.

Getting Hopkins is a long shot, we know that but it would certainly be an improvement.

We dont have to sacrifice all of our young guys to do this either, we just saved a shit load of cap space on our LT. This is a unique opportunity to get a true #1 WR at a very reasonable salary.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:26 PM 03-09-2023
You can also see a wide open RB in the flat on most of those. But keep dreaming. Our number one offense sucks, and we need to throw.money and picks at DHop. You win.
Look man, this isn't a pissing contest. I'm not mad at you, and I really see no reason for you to be angry with me. We simply have opposing points of view. Hell, I'm not even being an ass to you, bud. I've poked a bit of fun, but that's it.

Here's my final thought on this: I just don't believe in the idea that the best course is to surround Pat with the least talented weapons that money can buy. In no part of my life's history have I seen that work for an extended period of time, mostly because no one does that. Buy the best you can afford, and you can probably afford more than you think, as one of my mentors used to say.

If we're on a budget, fine. But then maximize the value. Forget JJSS/Thielen/Parris. Combine those resources and get one great player. Or two good ones. Or even just one good one. Especially if we aren't signing OBj to some massive overpriced contract. Get one real weapon, even if it isn't DHop, so Pat has something more than a handful of pea shooters, that's all.

Maybe then we can beat CIN in the regular season as well. And we won't need Skyy to pull a last minute great return out of his ass in the playoffs.

It's just a thought, bud.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:26 PM 03-09-2023
It's not going to happen, and I've explained in the most reasonable terms possible the myriad of reasons why. You guys have fun.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:28 PM 03-09-2023
Dude you gotta stop with this nonsense that we’re worse with a WR1. Or that our stalls with tyreek is proof of that. Mahomes evolved as a qb. He’s not going back to hero hall. The chiefs planned to bring back tyreek and have juju with him - they probably add Pacheco and Watson too. They likely get the same dominant year out of Jet. Do not act like tyreek with an actual running game and with WRs clearly better suited for efficiency than mecole, drob, Pringle wouldn’t absolutely slay.

I’m fine with losing tyreek but I’m tired of hearing the overdone myth that we are better off without that kind of talent.

Now… back to reality. We get away with worse WRs because kelce is flat out dominant and we cannot put the entire game on his back. People seriously understate how big a loss that is if kelce misses time or regresses. Juju is NOT going to carry us without kelce. Secondly, our defense was flat out dominant late in the season and it is going to get harder and harder to expect that. We HAVE to lean our offense more than we lean on balance. We annihilated cincy on defense and yet barely eked out a win after yet another lukewarm second half vs them. We looked awful against buffalo earlier in the year. Our offense still looks flat against the chargers and broncos. I know our offense was great but people need to recognize that it’s actually capable of being better. Way better.

That doesn’t mean you panic. I don’t know if DHop is healthy enough or if he’s regressed too much. But who in their right mind doesn’t think that if he’s anywhere near his prime level that this offense wouldn’t be flat out unstoppable?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:32 PM 03-09-2023
It's not going to happen, and I've explained in the most reasonable terms possible the myriad of reasons why. You guys have fun.
You keep saying it’s not gonna happen and yet we PLANNED to give tyreek big $s. We traded two thirds for Toney. Yet we still pursued obj. And these rumors seem to point to the chiefs legit going after DHop. If the chiefs had no interest in a WR1 why are they one of the top contenders for so many WR1 moves?

And Reid obviously would not even entertain these kinds of ideas if he didn’t believe this made our offense much better. We are very much interested but we wisely aren’t going to give in to absurd demands to get it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:36 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Dude you gotta stop with this nonsense that we’re worse with a WR1. Or that our stalls with tyreek is proof of that. Mahomes evolved as a qb. He’s not going back to hero hall. The chiefs planned to bring back tyreek and have juju with him - they probably add Pacheco and Watson too. They likely get the same dominant year out of Jet. Do not act like tyreek with an actual running game and with WRs clearly better suited for efficiency than mecole, drob, Pringle wouldn’t absolutely slay.

I’m fine with losing tyreek but I’m tired of hearing the overdone myth that we are better off without that kind of talent.

Now… back to reality. We get away with worse WRs because kelce is flat out dominant and we cannot put the entire game on his back. People seriously understate how big a loss that is if kelce misses time or regresses. Juju is NOT going to carry us without kelce. Secondly, our defense was flat out dominant and it is going to get harder and harder to expect that. We HAVE to lean our offense more than we lean on balance. We annihilated cincy on defense and yet barely eked out a win after yet another lukewarm second half vs them. We looked awful against buffalo earlier in the year. Our offense still looks flat against the chargers and broncos. I know our offense was great but people need to recognize that it’s actually capable of being better. Way better.

That doesn’t mean you panic. I don’t know if DHop is healthy enough or if he’s regressed too much. But who in their right mind doesn’t think that if he’s anywhere near his prime level that this offense wouldn’t be flat out unstoppable?
Perhaps I've been unclear. Paying a big cap number plus draft capital dictates that you must get value for the investment. It also means you go lean in other areas. If you pay all of that for a guy, you need to get a return. This price is unwise, in my opinion, considering the guy is over 30 and finished the last two seasons on IR.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter, and just about guarantee you will not see Hopkins in a Chiefs uniform.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:36 PM 03-09-2023
Plus it would be a blast to watch Mahomes with that kind of talent to throw to again, and let him put up insane numbers. Let's make these prime Mahomes years as good offensively as they can be. Also takes pressure off the OL.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:37 PM 03-09-2023
Dude, I'd take Parris Campbell in a heart beat. 4.31 speed and has been on a bad team. Only thing I don't like is the injuries in years 1-3, but last year he played in every game. I love the speed.

Campbell at 4.31
Toney at 4.39
MVS at 4.37
Skyy at 4.41

Draft another burner and we are good to go at WR. Pacheco is a burner as well. Speed speed and more speed.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:43 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Dude, I'd take Parris Campbell in a heart beat. 4.31 speed and has been on a bad team. Only thing I don't like is the injuries in years 1-3, but last year he played in every game. I love the speed.

Campbell at 4.31
Toney at 4.39
MVS at 4.37
Skyy at 4.41

Draft another burner and we are good to go at WR. Pacheco is a burner as well. Speed speed and more speed.
The straight speed was why I think he might still have some upside, but better football minds apparently know that he's just a jag and basically Juju, so what do I know?
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:46 PM 03-09-2023

Campbell at 4.31
Toney at 4.39
MVS at 4.37
Skyy at 4.41

Id be down with that too! What is he expected to get on the open market?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:03 PM 03-09-2023
The straight speed was why I think he might still have some upside, but better football minds apparently know that he's just a jag and basically Juju, so what do I know?
To parrot Alibaba, he's never broken 1,000 yds. What I mean by that is that in four years he only has 933 yds to his credit. Less than 250 yds per season average. Now, that's a bit misleading (here's where i deviate from the AllaBabba narrative), because in 2022 he caught fire (kind of) and snared 63 balls for 623 yards and 3 TDs, in 16 games played.

For comparison, DHop went 717 yds with 64 catches and 3 TDs. In 9 games. Receiving passes from four different QBs, three of which have no business starting an NFL game.

Parris averages 3.0 catches/game.

36.6yds/game

6.8yds/tgt.

5 TDs in four years

So, maybe I'm wrong, but that looks like JAG to me. Certainly, if i were AB, I'd be telling you he's as good as DHop, if not better.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:13 PM 03-09-2023

Campbell at 4.31
Toney at 4.39
MVS at 4.37
Skyy at 4.41

The just added John Ross on a futures deal. 4.22 speed.

Possible Hardman replacement
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:14 PM 03-09-2023
It's amazing that people don't see a problem giving up draft picks and paying a guy that'll be 31 when he;

Missed multiple games with a hamstring injury in 2021

Blew out his knee just a few games after he got back from the hamstring injury

Missed the first 6 games of 2022 because he was steroid boy

Fucked up that same knee that he blew out in 2021 and missed the final 2 games of the season.

This happens literally all the time in the NFL. These guys bodies break down and it's clear as day that is what is happening with Hopkins.

You guys want to bring up all these guys that had good careers after turning 30 and you know what's different between those guys and Hopkins? Those guys didn't get injured. They all stayed healthy.

Jerry Rice - missed almost the entire season at age 35, but no injury history outside of that.

Tim Brown - only injuries were in his 2nd season

Jimmy Smith - missed 4 games in one season, but healthy in all the others

Charlie Joiner - missed 7 games at age 35. Healthy in the rest.

Irving Fryar - healthy

Terrell Owens - missed 9 games at age 32, but pretty much healthy all other years.

Rod Smith - Healthy

Marvin Harrison - missed 11 games at age 35 and retired after the next season, but pretty much healthy.

Steve Smith - missed 9 games at age 36 and retired next year, but pretty much healthy.

Tony Gonzalez - healthiest motherfucker known to man

That's the top 10 in receiving yards after age 30. I went through 25 of them and none of them had anywhere close to the amount of injuries and games missed as DHop. What's more likely is that he's going to go the route of Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, AJ Green, T.Y. Hilton, Dez Bryant, Antonio Brown. All guys that were top 10 WR at one point, but got hurt and/or age caught up to them and they sucked right around 30.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:19 PM 03-09-2023
It's amazing that people don't see a problem giving up draft picks and paying a guy that'll be 31 when he;

Missed multiple games with a hamstring injury in 2021

Blew out his knee just a few games after he got back from the hamstring injury

Missed the first 6 games of 2022 because he was steroid boy

Fucked up that same knee that he blew out in 2021 and missed the final 2 games of the season.

This happens literally all the time in the NFL. These guys bodies break down and it's clear as day that is what is happening with Hopkins.

You guys want to bring up all these guys that had good careers after turning 30 and you know what's different between those guys and Hopkins? Those guys didn't get injured. They all stayed healthy.

Jerry Rice - missed almost the entire season at age 35, but no injury history outside of that.

Tim Brown - only injuries were in his 2nd season

Jimmy Smith - missed 4 games in one season, but healthy in all the others

Charlie Joiner - missed 7 games at age 35. Healthy in the rest.

Irving Fryar - healthy

Terrell Owens - missed 9 games at age 32, but pretty much healthy all other years.

Rod Smith - Healthy

Marvin Harrison - missed 11 games at age 35 and retired after the next season, but pretty much healthy.

Steve Smith - missed 9 games at age 36 and retired next year, but pretty much healthy.

Tony Gonzalez - healthiest motherfucker known to man

That's the top 10 in receiving yards after age 30. I went through 25 of them and none of them had anywhere close to the amount of injuries and games missed as DHop. What's more likely is that he's going to go the route of Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, AJ Green, T.Y. Hilton, Dez Bryant, Antonio Brown. All guys that were top 10 WR at one point, but got hurt and/or age caught up to them and they sucked right around 30.
Why on Earth would you bring up the steroid thing? THat's not an injury.

go Google DHop's games missed due to injury. He's played in 145. Out of a possible 160.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 270
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up