ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 185
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:52 AM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Seriously, his sack was....whew. The way he dropped his hips and turned on a dime.

That really shows he can bend and move. Jesus. That was impressive. Yeah yeah, I know it wasn't around the edge bend but that's essentially the same thing. If he can do that what he showed, from the LDE spot....whew.
tamba used move just like that

george is going to be a fucking monster after a year in an NFL S&C program
[Reply]
RunKC 08:59 AM 08-15-2022
That first QB hit where he drove the LT into the QB was him showing off his fucking hand and arm strength. Once he gets his hands on you it’s over.

Him showing that bend was excellent. That’s the 3 cone lateral agility coming into play. He really doesn’t look that much different than Aiden Hutchinson.

Really think this dude is getting 6-8 sacks this year. He’s gonna get that opportunity
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 08-15-2022
He looked so much more fluid than I expected.
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM 08-15-2022

Lot of George Karlaftis highlights out there from Saturday, but this jumps out too, especially for a player whose strength is his physicality. pic.twitter.com/SVzxlrnC4W

— BJ Kissel (@BJ_KCSN) August 15, 2022

That change of direction was something I didn't think he had.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:19 AM 08-15-2022
He looked so much more fluid than I expected.
Just watch his Freshman tape. He absolutely showed it. He just got a little thicker as he matured and lost some of it.

He can shed some of that thickness, replace it with 'good weight' and be plenty mobile, especially as a SDE. He's gonna be a really solid, steady, productive player.

Still wish we had some speed on the opposite side of him, but beggers can't be choosers and maybe we'll get a speed guy next year. Or maybe Spags just doesn't care if we grab one.
[Reply]
O.city 09:22 AM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just watch his Freshman tape. He absolutely showed it. He just got a little thicker as he matured and lost some of it.

He can shed some of that thickness, replace it with 'good weight' and be plenty mobile, especially as a SDE. He's gonna be a really solid, steady, productive player.

Still wish we had some speed on the opposite side of him, but beggers can't be choosers and maybe we'll get a speed guy next year. Or maybe Spags just doesn't care if we grab one.
Yeah, I'd love to have a pure speed guy there. I'd imagine that's a guy you're gonna have to either draft via a trade up, coach up or sign in FA.

In regards to Karlaftis, that's an ideal absolute perfect pick in the late first if that's all he turns in to. I think he has the tools man, I was pleasantly surprised.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 08-15-2022
Yeah, I'd love to have a pure speed guy there. I'd imagine that's a guy you're gonna have to either draft via a trade up, coach up or sign in FA.

In regards to Karlaftis, that's an ideal absolute perfect pick in the late first if that's all he turns in to. I think he has the tools man, I was pleasantly surprised.
Nah - there are speed rushers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds every year. Bonitto, Jackson, Sanders, etc...

You're not gonna get a Myles Garrett sort who's just a mountain w/ speed rusher speed. But you can find guys who emphasize speed over power on the 2nd day. Man I'm gonna be bummed out if Sam Williams becomes who I think he can...
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 08-15-2022
Nah - there are speed rushers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds every year. Bonitto, Jackson, Sanders, etc...

You're not gonna get a Myles Garrett sort who's just a mountain w/ speed rusher speed. But you can find guys who emphasize speed over power on the 2nd day. Man I'm gonna be bummed out if Sam Williams becomes who I think he can...
Yeah, there were a couple guys that I'd have liked there too. Ebikite and Mafe and Williams.

But it's seeming like we hit well on who we picked, so oh well I guess.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:15 AM 08-15-2022

That change of direction was something I didn't think he had.
Very twitchy in nearly every facet of his game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:17 AM 08-15-2022
Yeah, there were a couple guys that I'd have liked there too. Ebikite and Mafe and Williams.

But it's seeming like we hit well on who we picked, so oh well I guess.
Yeah - if the guys we picked are ballplayers, we'll be fine. Just gotta get guys who can play and let the chips fall.

Still doesn't explain how passive we were in FA, but it is what it is. They clearly believe in Frank Clark...
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:22 AM 08-15-2022
I see Derek Thomas, Reggie White, and LT all wrapped up into one big Greek Freak.
[Reply]
O.city 10:24 AM 08-15-2022
Yeah - if the guys we picked are ballplayers, we'll be fine. Just gotta get guys who can play and let the chips fall.

Still doesn't explain how passive we were in FA, but it is what it is. They clearly believe in Frank Clark...
It kinda seems like they've got "big ticket DE free agent" tee'd up for this offesason.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 08-15-2022
It kinda seems like they've got "big ticket DE free agent" tee'd up for this offesason.
There's a lot of young talent on this squad that they're gonna need to pay for in the coming years. The Bolton/Creed/Smith/Sneed/Gay crop is gonna get pretty hefty raises.

Gotta be wary of big ticket free agents when you have some good young core players that can absolutely be valuable long-term contributors.
[Reply]
O.city 10:47 AM 08-15-2022
There's a lot of young talent on this squad that they're gonna need to pay for in the coming years. The Bolton/Creed/Smith/Sneed/Gay crop is gonna get pretty hefty raises.

Gotta be wary of big ticket free agents when you have some good young core players that can absolutely be valuable long-term contributors.
I don't think you can keep that group together though right? I mean, it's possible and preferable, but it seems like it may be a "Gay or Bolton" and "Creed or SMith" situation?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:48 AM 08-15-2022

I don’t think we’re extending Smith or Sneed. Maybe not Gay either if his price tag is ridiculous
[Reply]
Page 62 of 185
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up