ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 80
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
Lzen 07:08 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
You or me? Sometime I switch between 810 & 610 during commercials, because sometimes 610 will have a good guest, and 810 sometimes talks soccer and I couldn't care less about soccer.

But, if it's just Fescoe talking, I listen to soccer crap on 810. I just got so sick of his unprofessional nonsense. He is the least prepared sports talk host ever. In fact, I really believe he doesn't do any preparation for anything he talks about.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
I switch back and forth because usually one or the other is talking about nonsense. They're both equally bad in that respect
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:08 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Patrick IS hobbled and DOESN'T have the ability to scramble.

Folks, one of the Chiefs trainers is on CP.
It would probably be in his best interest to limit the scrambling regardless of how he looks in practice. One shoestring tackle on that ankle and he's going to be in a fuckton of pain.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:09 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It would probably be in his best interest to limit the scrambling regardless of how he looks in practice. One shoestring tackle on that ankle and he's going to be in a fuckton of pain.
I don't disagree.

Then again, you're suggesting he MIGHT want to limit scrambling.

BWillie said he IS hobbled and CAN'T scramble.

Big, big difference.

You're being rational. He's pretending he's psychic.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:10 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It would probably be in his best interest to limit the scrambling regardless of how he looks in practice. One shoestring tackle on that ankle and he's going to be in a ****ton of pain.
That's what I'm worried about. He instincts take over, he scrambles, then he gets hit on the ankle, and has to leave the game.

If I'm Bengals I target that knee every chance I get.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:11 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Is there any reason we can't bring Henne in on 3rd or 4th and inches? He can QB sneak, and unlike Blake Bell he's still a threat to hand off or throw a ball.
Well, that wouldn't exactly be a 'sneak', would it?
[Reply]
penguinz 07:12 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Meh, I'm pretty sure Fescoe is just a moron.
It's all an act. Even if it was real he is still tremendously more listenable than Petro.
[Reply]
irafreak 07:14 AM 01-26-2023
I'm not as worried about mahomes instincts. The second half he climbed the pocket and looked like he was adjusting to the need to protect that ankle. Mahomes adapts so fast and is very intelligent. I'm confident his mind will override his instincts after a week of practicing being careful and adjusting his style a bit.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:17 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by irafreak:
I'm not as worried about mahomes instincts. The second half he climbed the pocket and looked like he was adjusting to the need to protect that ankle. Mahomes adapts so fast and is very intelligent. I'm confident his mind will override his instincts after a week of practicing being careful and adjusting his style a bit.
I hope you right. I'm not gonna worry about it too much.

End of day Mahomes is a man and he knows the risks.
[Reply]
wazu 07:38 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
It's all an act. Even if it was real he is still tremendously more listenable than Petro.
Yikes, no. Petro is at least intelligent. Fescoe is not acting, he is like listening to the dumbest drunk guy in a bar. I just want him to shut up because silence would be better.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:02 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Yeah, he's done it plenty in the playoffs, knowing exactly when he needs extra yards, so he'll take the big hit... it's always seemed calculated (except maybe the diving play into the end zone against the Bengals in the regular season).

I feel like he wouldn't have tried the jump pass the other night if it weren't for a high chance of scoring a touchdown.

I'm sure it's quite the balance this week of resting his ankle, but also figuring out exactly how much weight he can put on it and how mobile he can be.

Of course, the other side of that is there's probably no other team in the league they want to beat more than the Bengals right now (see: Mahomes' diving play into the end zone), so they can't let that get into their heads too much.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:04 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJay23:
I feel like this is a thing where he'll get constant treatment to get it as right as possible by Sunday. But when the bullets fly, and he's trying to escape sacks, or gets knocked down, or trips, or tries to push it full speed, or even something nefarious from Cincy it gets reinjured.
I think this is almost a certainty. At some point he'll push it too hard or take a hit that causes him to get up gimpy.

We just have to hope it isn't too much to overcome.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:07 AM 01-26-2023
Another thing that concerns me is possibly injuring his other leg by overcompensating.

It hasn't been talked about much, but that 1st down scramble last week after the injury where he did the double hop on his left leg was risky. If he takes a hit in a compromising position like that and he tears a ligament, I will be devastated.

I'm just going to hope he comes out on fire from 0 to 60 minutes and the offensive line has its best game ever.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:15 AM 01-26-2023
I joined a couple of Chiefs FB groups, and some of those people make the idiots on here look like Einstein.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:20 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I joined a couple of Chiefs FB groups, and some of those people make the idiots on here look like Einstein.
Yep, mostly it's just one giant circle jerk in those groups. Criticism of the team is strictly forbidden. That's what makes CP so good. We love the Chiefs, but aren't afraid to call bullshit when we see it
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:21 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Yeah, I made the mistake of perusing Chiefs stuff on FB while I was taking a break from here. The average fan (and not just the average Chiefs fan) knows virtually nothing about actual football.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 80
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Up