ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 80
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:00 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've had both; a consequence of being a game but mediocre baseball and basketball player.

I'm about 70% convinced that the really severe one bothered me longer than a break would've. Took almost a year to get full range of motion back in my ankle; spent a few weeks in a boot.

Ultimately that's why I'm more concerned about the inevitable 'tweaks' than anything. I mean if I rolled over in bed, my foot got hung in the sheet and then twisted 20 degrees off center, I'd wake up in stabbing pain. No matter how careful he is or how well protected he is, there will be at least a half dozen instances of substantially more aggressive torque on that ankle.

I have a big ol' coffee table in my living room; probably weights about 120 lbs. So, y'know, half of Arden Key. I asked my wife what would happen if I took that table, elevated it, then dropped the fucking thing on the side of my calf from about waist high.

I mean when you think of it that way and recognize the amount of force that went into that injury...fuuuuuuuuuuck. Sure, he's tough. that's everyone's takeaway here. But he's just a damn alien - how the hell did that leg not detonate? The ability to play through a sprain is impressive but what's truly miraculous was that it was ONLY a sprain.

The guy's just absolutely remarkable.
I was in the stadium so I didn't see it that well at first and then I saw the replay and was like that motherfucker broke his leg. Then I watched as he tried to walk it off and kept my eyes on him and noticed that he wasn't doing any better. I was certain that it was broke. What a relief it was when I saw him out of the locker room and he had his helmet on. I knew he was gonna go back in.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:00 PM 01-25-2023
i think we see a lot of Andy's old mcnabb playbook

who's gonna see three passes in the flat to The Brat coming?

line up in the I formation baby...no free edges
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:02 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nah.

There's nothing a 'break' will accomplish. I mean maybe if he gets popped just wrong and is just in agony. If that happens it would probably be enough to loosen the tape job so they'd have to re-tape.

If you send him to the sideline to re-tape and attempt to re-stabilize, maybe Henne gets a look. But shit, they should probably just be re-taping the kid every drive or two.
Definitely don't want him standing around on the sideline doing nothing. We need to avoid that as much as possible.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:04 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I was in the stadium so I didn't see it that well at first and then I saw the replay and was like that motherfucker broke his leg. Then I watched as he tried to walk it off and kept my eyes on him and noticed that he wasn't doing any better. I was certain that it was broke. What a relief it was when I saw him out of the locker room and he had his helmet on. I knew he was gonna go back in.
I'll put it in Buehler terms for him.

A tractor bucket weights in the 200-225 lb range. Arden Key weights 240.

Drop a tractor bucket on the side of your leg from hip high and lemme know how things work out.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:09 PM 01-25-2023
Is there any reason we can't bring Henne in on 3rd or 4th and inches? He can QB sneak, and unlike Blake Bell he's still a threat to hand off or throw a ball.
[Reply]
straycash 11:16 PM 01-25-2023
I've got loose ankles, it speeds up recovery, now for severity, I haven't had a tractor fall down on me so wouldn't know.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:47 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Petro is attempting to be serious though.

I’m convinced that Fescoe is actually playing a caricature of a dumb sports talk radio host. Like he’s pretending to be the over the top worst version of that role, so in a way it’s actually genius because it’s subtle enough that it could be legit.

Or he’s just a moron. Can’t tell which.
Petro needs to just own it like Nick Wright does. He knows he's an arrogant blowhard. Own it. Joke about it. Troll hard.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:49 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Is there any reason we can't bring Henne in on 3rd or 4th and inches? He can QB sneak, and unlike Blake Bell he's still a threat to hand off or throw a ball.
Honestly we should do that, since Patrick is hobbled and doesn't have that ability to scramble much for it. When Bell starts to line up everyone in the stadium knows whats happening and there is no element of surprise. You can't quick snap or get enough push or show run, pass, and qb sneak.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:08 AM 01-26-2023
:-) and what he do with the turf toe in the AFCCG?

He's going to ball out.

#Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes says that the turf toe injury was the toughest he played through. Said he had to curl his toes when he walked.

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) January 25, 2023

[Reply]
dlphg9 01:01 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That segment on his podcast had me rolling. I knew Reid was tough behind the surface. But man that made it feel like the dude is terrifying when you don’t do what you’re supposed to. Travis played it mostly cool but Jason seemed terrified of the man. Should dispel any idea some people have that the guy is friendly therefore he’s soft.
Don't know why anyone would think he's soft. The guy has one of the most disciplined teams in the league and is respected throughout the league. You think a bunch of hard ass football players would respect him if he was soft?
[Reply]
TLO 06:49 AM 01-26-2023
BRC is hearing in league circles that Mahomes will only be 50%
[Reply]
loochy 07:01 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Holy shit. Mahomes is a maniac.

I've never had a high ankle sprains. Shitload of low ones, so I honestly have no clue what he's going through. But GODDAMN this dude is criminally competitive.

And I'm here for it.
The high ones are completely different. Some activities are just fine. When I had mine, walking down stairs was very difficult. For the most part, normal daily things like walking is fine. Pivoting and pushing off proved quite painful though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:03 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Honestly we should do that, since Patrick is hobbled and doesn't have that ability to scramble much for it. When Bell starts to line up everyone in the stadium knows whats happening and there is no element of surprise. You can't quick snap or get enough push or show run, pass, and qb sneak.
Patrick IS hobbled and DOESN'T have the ability to scramble.

Folks, one of the Chiefs trainers is on CP.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:04 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Petro is attempting to be serious though.

I’m convinced that Fescoe is actually playing a caricature of a dumb sports talk radio host. Like he’s pretending to be the over the top worst version of that role, so in a way it’s actually genius because it’s subtle enough that it could be legit.

Or he’s just a moron. Can’t tell which.
Meh, I'm pretty sure Fescoe is just a moron.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:06 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
has anyone given thought to henne coming in for a few snaps sporadically in this game?

one, to give mahomes a break, and two, to fuck with the bengals? a little play action pass...hell, let him run a QB sneak
The Chief are not beating the Bengals if Henne plays at all. This isn't the Cleveland Browns or Jacksonville Jaguars.

I've seen WAY too much talk about sitting Pat and playing Henne. It would be ridiculously stupid.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 80
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up