ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 256
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:53 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Like last week, it’s house ****ing money the Chiefs are playing with. And unlike a few chronic delinquents, I’ll never doubt this QB.
You could see it on both of the throws to MVS.

No fucks given.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:02 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Can’t even muster up any GAF for the Ravens. They’re just … in the way.

Like last week, it’s house ****ing money the Chiefs are playing with. And unlike a few chronic delinquents, I’ll never doubt this QB.

Going back to the last Chiefs team that won two playoff games on the road, they vanquished the defending world’s champion Jets with Joe Namath on the greatest goal line stand in AFL playoff history. Then went on the road to Oakland to win the last AFL title.

Many similarities with this squad. Great defense. Timely offense that can be a big strike, but can cut you a thousand times, taking the flats and mid range over the middle.

Like I said last week, this will be our favorite Chiefs team ever when all is said and done.
This feels so similar to the SB last year. Hurts with Brown/Smith/Goedert, best Oline and punishing run game, vaunted pass rush and defense. Chiefs didn't have a chance and then Pat went and hung 31 going 4-5 in the red zone with the only stop being the game winning FG.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:05 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
My first jersey was Bill Kenney.

During the dark ages
Len Dawson here..
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:07 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Len Dawson here..
Mike Livingston
[Reply]
DaFace 09:13 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The Ravens could absolutely, 100% be real this year, but no amount of regular season wins is going to prove that to anyone who's been here 6 years straight now and has heard it all every single year from different flavors of the week.

If you want to impress more than the Skip Baylesses of the world, beat Patrick Mahomes first, then we'll talk.
Yeah, this is what it really comes down to for me. It's hard to care about the debates because we've done this a half dozen times.

Patrick just has a knack for winning games, whether he's favored or not. Because of that, the usual bravado from other teams' fans just seems tired.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:20 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yeah, this is what it really comes down to for me. It's hard to care about the debates because we've done this a half dozen times.

Patrick just has a knack for winning games, whether he's favored or not. Because of that, the usual bravado from other teams' fans just seems tired.
Well stated, DaFace.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:25 PM 01-23-2024

This is it right here.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:51 PM 01-23-2024
To me it comes down to the Chiefs having multiple paths to victory, whereas the Ravens only have one: get an early lead and dominate the trenches.

OTOH the Chiefs could get a lead and watch Lamar try to come back, which rarely goes well in the postseason.

Or the Chiefs could be down by 10 at halftime, IE - Mahomes' postseason sweet-spot.

Or the two teams could play a back and forth nailbiter, and see who comes through during maximum sphincter time.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:10 PM 01-23-2024

That’s a perfect way of putting it.

And it’s always a different team too. Like here’s the Baltimore Ravens turn to spin the wheel, trying to convince the real Chiefs fans how this is going to go…

Seen it. Too many times. With opponents that were even better, on paper.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:12 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, it's easy enough to look at all of our start dates on this board (much less when we actually became fans)... you're reading a bunch of 50-60 year old dudes (uh, nevermind the Texas Tech avatars :-) (jk)).
That would require them to live up to the scrutiny they are applying to us. They are too busy being hypocritically overconfident to be bothered to actually pay attention to actual details though. Whatever, they still aren’t Bills fans so, they got that going for them.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:16 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
This feels so similar to the SB last year. Hurts with Brown/Smith/Goedert, best Oline and punishing run game, vaunted pass rush and defense. Chiefs didn't have a chance and then Pat went and hung 31 going 4-5 in the red zone with the only stop being the game winning FG.

(Whispers)
On a bad ankle
(/Whispers)
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:27 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
That would require them to live up to the scrutiny they are applying to us. They are too busy being hypocritically overconfident to be bothered to actually pay attention to actual details though. Whatever, they still aren’t Bills fans so, they got that going for them.
I just don’t care anymore. I don’t care what other fans think. I don’t care that they think we are being dismissive or overconfident or whatever. They are insignificant to my fan experience which revolves solely around my team. Their team is just something that stands in our way of the SB. We’ll either beat the Ravens or we won’t. But, I’ll take my chances with the guy that’s been there and done that at the highest level, and who is undoubtedly the best QB in the NFL. He is Michael Jordan in the NBA Playoff’s special.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:31 PM 01-23-2024
man this AFCCG trailer is a fucking BANGER

PATZILLAAAAAAAAAAA

[Reply]
DaFace 10:39 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I just don’t care anymore. I don’t care what other fans think. I don’t care that they think we are being dismissive or overconfident or whatever. They are insignificant to my fan experience which revolves solely around my team. Their team is just something that stands in our way of the SB. We’ll either beat the Ravens or we won’t. But, I’ll take my chances with the guy that’s been there and done that at the highest level, and who is undoubtedly the best QB in the NFL. He is Michael Jordan in the NBA Playoff’s special.
That's a good point, too. For the Ravens, this is the most important game they've played in a decade. For the Chiefs, this is...what...the 9th most important (including the Super Bowls)? (I'd argue that this is the least important of the AFCCGs given that we've already won two SBs in recent years.)
[Reply]
Jerm 10:41 PM 01-23-2024
Ravens fans are awfully cocky for a team that was getting its shit pushed in by a far inferior defense that had their QB in a blender for a half…

Houston gave the blueprint…they just didn’t have the guys to keep it going and their offense was so depleted it didn’t matter. That was still a game halfway through the 3rd….

We ain’t the fucking Texans….
[Reply]
Page 61 of 256
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up