ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 104
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Bengals (AFC Championship Rd)
RunKC 04:45 PM 01-22-2023
Welp this game has been on everyone’s minds since the start of the season.

Let’s get some revenge goddamnit!
[Reply]
DRM08 08:54 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Eh, the Patriots were kind enough to help out with a couple short fields off picks and turnovers on downs.
They got one TD on a short field. They got 2 TD drives that both went 74+ yards and another TD drive that went 68 yards. They went 48 yards in about 30 seconds to setup a field goal at the very end of regulation.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:55 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Belichick is the GOAT defensive coach. It’s impressive they managed to score 31 on him in the 2nd half. In your home stadium, 31 should have been enough to win.
Dee Ford :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:57 AM 01-26-2023

YOOOO! I JUST RECIEVED THE CALL FAM! WE ARE HEADED BACK TO KC TO SING OUR "NA"FOR THE 2023 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! ON MY BIRTHDAY TOO? WOW!GOD IS SO GOOD! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE & HEAR THAT SEA OF RED! @chiefs..Really Appreciate You! WE COMING! #NationalAnthemTourContinues #SingWithMe pic.twitter.com/7h0HH7iJlD

— Generald Wilson (@generaldwilson) January 25, 2023

[Reply]
wachashi 09:00 AM 01-26-2023
The Bengals offensive gameplan with 3 backups on the o-line playing one of the best pass-rushing teams in the league:

1. Quick throws
2. Run the ball

I think this defense can do both. Pass rushers might want to focus on batting down balls rather than screaming upfield on neutral downs. We need our linebackers to play the run and tackle better than they did against Jacksonville.

The @Chiefs had 241 QB pressures this season. Only Dallas had more.

They contacted the QB 198 times. That led the NFL.

We should absolutely not just assume Cincy’s O-line holds up again.

Joe will have hands full

— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) January 26, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:00 AM 01-26-2023
jesus this guy

The Mayor of Cincinnati tried the “Burrowhead” thing and it fell on its face�� pic.twitter.com/bsOHCHmU9T

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) January 26, 2023

[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:02 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
jesus this guy

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:02 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by wachashi:
The Bengals offensive gameplan with 3 backups on the o-line playing one of the best pass-rushing teams in the league:

1. Quick throws
2. Run the ball

I think this defense can do both. Pass rushers might want to focus on batting down balls rather than screaming upfield on neutral downs. We need our linebackers to play the run and tackle better than they did against Jacksonville.

:-) How many times have we heard how bad Cincys OL is only for the DL to do jack shit.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:06 AM 01-26-2023
Cincy might want to look at the cautionary tale of the Las Vegas Raiders before continuing to go all in with the Burrowhead smack.

The Raiders did a victory joy ride with their team bus around Arrowhead after a win, and then proceeded to get trampled to death by the Chiefs every game since then.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:08 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Cincy might want to look at the cautionary tale of the Las Vegas Raiders before continuing to go all in with the Burrowhead smack.

The Raiders did a victory joy ride with their team bus around Arrowhead after a win, and then proceeded to get trampled to death by the Chiefs every game since then.
They are a significantly better team though. Much better QB, much better weapons, much better defense than the Raiders.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:09 AM 01-26-2023
It's a team sport so everyone shoulders some blame in a loss, but our defense gave up 37 points at home to the Patriots in that 2018 AFCCG. Game-sealing INT wiped out by a monumentally stupid penalty. We allowed three 3rd and long conversions on their final drive.

The defense has to carry the lion's share of that 2018 AFCCG.

I'll place most of the blame for the 2021 AFCCG on Pat, though. If we simply swap him with Henne at half, we probably win that game. It's like Mahomes completely forgot how to play football. It was unreal.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:10 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They are a significantly better team though. Much better QB, much better weapons, much better defense than the Raiders.
Of course they are a better team, but they have given the Chiefs the underdog/disrespect card that Cincy has been using during their past two postseasons... especially last week in Buffalo.
[Reply]
wachashi 09:12 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) How many times have we heard how bad Cincys OL is only for the DL to do jack shit.
True, but I think this game is less about the pass rush and more about defending the run and forcing them away from quick throws, just based on how the Bengals are likely to play it with their backups on the line. Those first two things have to happen before the pass rush even matters.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:15 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Of course they are a better team, but they have given the Chiefs the underdog/disrespect card that Cincy has been using during their past two postseasons... especially last week in Buffalo.
I don’t think trash talk is a good strategy for anyone. But it has worked for the Bengals. They talk trash while simultaneously complaining that nobody respects them. Playing both sides of the coin has led to a lot of success for them. We’ll see if it works for them again this weekend.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:22 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Dee Ford :-)
It's amazing how many blatant offsides I've seen let go this postseason and over the years, running starts even, missed false starts, and other obvious shit let go....and that one got called....infuriating
[Reply]
Lzen 09:22 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
We’re gonna **** them up.

I love how people have determined that Lou Anarumo is the second coming of Jesus Christ. This guy only finally got an NFL DC role in 2019! A decade ago he was in Indiana at Purdue coaching DBs. No one cared about anything he was doing until he flummoxed the Chiefs in the AFCCG last year. And now he’s this mastermind that molds his defense game by game by game.

Well, we have Andy Reid. One of the best offensive minds of all time. Let’s see how this round goes.
If you look back at film of that AFCCG, it's not like Patrick didn't have options that were open. He just didn't play particularly well.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 104
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up