ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 139
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Rasputin 08:41 AM 10-28-2022
double reverse jet sweep with Mahomes flipping the ball to Hardman going one way then flipping the ball to Kardashian the other way or fakes it or double fake and mahomes throws it deep to Marquez. Some shit will be in the works.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:41 AM 10-28-2022
The more I think about it, the more I like it.

1. The acquisition cost is not bad. A pick around #100 in the draft, plus a sixth that is practically a seventh. For 3.5 seasons of a guy with unique traits who went 20th overall 18 months ago at a high-priced position.

KC isn't even on the hook for the full cost of his rookie deal. It's amazing value even if he is nothing more than the gadget guy replacement player.

2. When you look at how good he is at creating separation and think how that will fit in with guys like Kelce requiring a ton of attention, I think it's really hard to not get excited. If you leave Toney 1x1 without help on a corner, he's going to win more often than not. Oh, and throw in that the Chiefs coach is probably the best in NFL history at manufacturing separation... hoo boy.

3. It's not just jitterbug short stuff/manufactured touches, either. He's good at that stuff, but you watch his highlights and see a guy who tracks the ball well and can adjust downfield, and who is so sudden he's a nightmare on intermediate routes (and therefore can burn guys deep despite not having the craziest deep speed).

4. The maturity concerns are real. Betting on the locker room to fix.

5. I can't take anything away from him having a hard time getting along with coaching staffs put together and run by Belichick turds like Judge (a complete fraud who was in way over his head) or Daboll.

There's a lot of upside here, gang. Color Duncan excited.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The more I think about it, the more I like it.

1. The acquisition cost is not bad. A pick around #100 in the draft, plus a sixth that is practically a seventh. For 3.5 seasons of a guy with unique traits who went 20th overall 18 months ago at a high-priced position.

KC isn't even on the hook for the full cost of his rookie deal. It's amazing value even if he is nothing more than the gadget guy replacement player.

2. When you look at how good he is at creating separation and think how that will fit in with guys like Kelce requiring a ton of attention, I think it's really hard to not get excited. If you leave Toney 1x1 without help on a corner, he's going to win more often than not. Oh, and throw in that the Chiefs coach is probably the best in NFL history at manufacturing separation... hoo boy.

3. It's not just jitterbug short stuff/manufactured touches, either. He's good at that stuff, but you watch his highlights and see a guy who tracks the ball well and can adjust downfield, and who is so sudden he's a nightmare on intermediate routes (and therefore can burn guys deep despite not having the craziest deep speed).

4. The maturity concerns are real. Betting on the locker room to fix.

5. I can't take anything away from him having a hard time getting along with coaching staffs put together and run by Belichick turds like Judge (a complete fraud who was in way over his head) or Daboll.

There's a lot of upside here, gang. Color Duncan excited.
:-)

I'm pretty pumped about this move.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:45 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
double reverse jet sweep with Mahomes flipping the ball to Hardman going one way then flipping the ball to Kardashian the other way or fakes it or double fake and mahomes throws it deep to Marquez. Some shit will be in the works.
Toney can throw that ball himself, too. He was a high school QB and has a big arm and good accuracy. I think Florida used it several times his last year there.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:47 AM 10-28-2022
Toney can throw that ball himself, too. He was a high school QB and has a big arm and good accuracy. I think Florida used it several times his last year there.
Excellent. Just like the last play in The Waterboy. No one will ever see it coming!!!111
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:50 AM 10-28-2022
Do you write for Penthouse forum magazine?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:53 AM 10-28-2022
Andy should have a handful of plays set up for him in the coming weeks.

Just get that man the ball in space and watch him go
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:54 AM 10-28-2022
The speed is great, but I love that this dude is a fantastic "hands catcher". He doesn't allow that ball into his body, he just reaches out and rips the ball out of the air.

Not only does this aid in RAC but also eliminates the through the hands off the chest tip drill special that Tyreek pulled off about 8 times last season.

If the guy matures, and develops a work ethic, this will be a steal. Assuming of course the brokedick factor was simply just not wanting to play.

If all those injuries are legit, then I'm not very optimistic on his future.
[Reply]
In58men 08:56 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Andy should have a handful of plays set up for him in the coming weeks.

Just get that man the ball in space and watch him go
Christian McCaffrey literally played 3 days after he was traded.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Christian McCaffrey literally played 3 days after he was traded.
Yep. Toney probably sees a handful of snaps against the Titans. They're going to get him involved as quickly as possible, if for no other reason that to make him feel at home and get out ahead of any possible griping.
[Reply]
In58men 09:02 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. Toney probably sees a handful of snaps against the Titans. They're going to get him involved as quickly as possible, if for no other reason that to make him feel at home and get out ahead of any possible griping.
He has to start building chemistry with Mahomes, there’s no reason to wait around, that’s not value added. He’ll be involved next Sunday night.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
He has to start building chemistry with Mahomes, there’s no reason to wait around, that’s not value added. He’ll be involved next Sunday night.
I agree.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:09 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Do you write for Penthouse forum magazine?
Isn't that where we are?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:15 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Mike Hughes, DeAndre Baker, Corey Coleman… the Chiefs recent track record with first round bust reclamation projects has not been good.
The difference between Toney and all those guys is that Toney didn't fall into our laps due to lack of talent.
[Reply]
chinaski 09:15 AM 10-28-2022
Kadarius Toney's initials are KT

K is the 11th letter of the Alphabet
T is the 20th letter of the Alphabet

20+11 = 31

The Chiefs are the NFL's #1 Team

30-1 = 30

30 divided by 2 equals 15

15 is Patrick Mahomes number.

It's a sign.
[Reply]