ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 66
« First < 10505657585960 61626364 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine
Simply Red 09:38 AM 03-29-2018
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again
[Reply]
Aspengc8 06:18 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I think a lot of people use keto to lose weight relatively quickly, then move onto something they believe is more sustainable like paleo.
paleo is much more sustainable especially if weightlifting is involved. avoiding carbs and insulin is just dumb if your trying to build an sort of muscle, insulin is the most anabolic hormone in your body. you also lose a TON of water weight at first on keto due to the lowering of carbs.

Originally Posted by Danguardace:
The old thermodynamics argument, what about hormones?

That's like saying all cars burn fuel to the same economy.

Unregulated Insulin causes weight gain, weve been obsessed with calories for last 50 years and where has it gotten us? Fatter and sicker.
yes hormones play a factor however there is no way you are going to 'gain weight' in a caloric deficit even if insulin has been elevated all day. Hell I eat carbs at EVERY meal and have been losing about a pound a week while still getting stronger.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:20 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
paleo is much more sustainable especially if weightlifting is involved. avoiding carbs and insulin is just dumb if your trying to build an sort of muscle, insulin is the most anabolic hormone in your body. you also lose a TON of water weight at first on keto due to the lowering of carbs.
feel free to hang around here Aspenc8 we need a few others from the fitness thread in here for additional guidance and an extra set of eyes.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:47 PM 05-31-2018
One should not be doing no carb long term.

One can do low carbs, limiting processed sugars and such, also working in refeed days of high carbs to avoid metabolic deficiencies and promote improved insulin sensitivity, especially on hard workout days.

You’d be very hard pressed to find someone with a good physique and fitness doing full time Keto. Honestly, you won’t.

Aspengc is absolutely right on.
[Reply]
scho63 06:52 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:

One can do low carbs, limiting processed sugars and such, also working in refeed days of high carbs to avoid metabolic deficiencies and promote improved insulin sensitivity, especially on hard workout days.

You’d be very hard pressed to find someone with a good physique and fitness doing full time Keto. Honestly, you won’t.

When are you going to break out the photos of you bench pressing eDave? :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:57 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
When are you going to break out the photos of you bench pressing eDave? :-)
When he comes over to my pool party.

Bench pressing likely taking place after he bangs my wife.

Hoo Boy!!!

/cross thread humor
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:59 PM 05-31-2018

You seem nice.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:22 PM 05-31-2018

in the myfitness app, I’m averaging 50% carbs/30% protein/20% fat.

I’m not seeing some kind of diet advantage that works for everyone. Keto/Atkins/Paleo etc. find something that works for you. My advise is to chose something that will work for you in the long term.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:23 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
in the myfitness app, I’m averaging 50% carbs/30% protein/20% fat.

I’m not seeing some kind of diet advantage that works for everyone. Keto/Atkins/Paleo etc. find something that works for you. My advise is to chose something that will work for you in the long term.
Basically this. Try to hit a calorie deficit without completing eliminating a macro-nutrient from your diet long term (Say no to long term KETO).
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:47 PM 05-31-2018
Lew you too - if you wouldn't mind - check in here intermittently and keep us in line. We need as much knowledge spread around here as possible.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:43 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Lew you too - if you wouldn't mind - check in here intermittently and keep us in line. We need as much knowledge spread around here as possible.
50 cent Frosty!
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:49 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
50 cent Frosty!
i'm not tempted anymore - it's a way of life.
[Reply]
Danguardace 11:08 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Here's the current leading voice in the keto movement. He's written several books, including Keto Clarity and runs the most popular keto forum and Facebook pages.

LOL
Just shows what a dick you are I sense having been low carb before you exhibiting some bitterness.

This guy got me into Low carb. He single handedly destroyed CICO by doing a sustained 4000 calorie Keto diet challenge and actually lost a tiny bit of weight on the scales. If you dont believe me watch his youtube channel he is Jason Wittrock.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:16 AM 06-01-2018
I'm sure this has nothing to do with his little n=1 experiment "destroying" CICO. Or this.

Okay, I looked into this a little.

1. He didn't know what he was eating at before nor did he measure his TDEE. He estimated it only. However, people are terrible at estimating how much they eat.

2, He got sick in the middle of his "experiment", which is when most of the weight loss happened.

3. He never weighs any of his food during the "experiment" and estimates calories only.

4. He eats a lot of nuts and seeds which people are proven to only absorb about 75% of the calories (part of the "calories out" part of the CICO equation). He also drinks straight oil at times, which can also go right through you (try it).

5. He gained in the beginning, lost a bunch of weight when he got sick, was gaining again after he was over being sick and then mysteriously lost more than two pounds right before the end. Nope, nothing fishy here at all.

All in all, this little "experiment" looks like a publicity stunt to pull in gullible people to try to sell them his keto drinks and keto coaching. If you are impressed by that, you appear to be in his target audience.

Get back to me when he replicates his experiment under scientific scrutiny in a metabolic ward.

Footnote: by all accounts, he was jacked before jumping on the keto bandwagon, so you might be disappointed if you think low carb is going to make you look like him.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:28 AM 06-01-2018
By the way, I wasn't being a dick about posting the Jimmy Moore pic. He was a speaker at the recent Keto conference. He holds the annual Low Carb Cruise, which has a bunch of guest speakers pushing his way or eating, he runs the Livin' La Vida Low Carb forum and website, one of the most active low carb forums on the 'net. He has several Keto Facebook groups. He's written or co-written a bunch of low carb and Keto books. He puts out a popular podcast on dieting. He is one of the most prominent faces of low carb and keto.

And the 100+ pounds he's gained since jumping on the keto bandwagon shows what actually happens when you overeat keto.

And I am bitter about low carb. I wasted entirely too many years buying into all of the carbs=insulin=fat bullshit while feeling like crap trying to get "fat adapted".

I don't care if you or anyone else does low carb. Just don't come in, with banners waving, claiming CICO doesn't work (when it clearly does) and you can only lose weight watching carbs.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:29 AM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Just shows what a dick you are I sense having been low carb before you exhibiting some bitterness.

This guy got me into Low carb. He single handedly destroyed CICO by doing a sustained 4000 calorie Keto diet challenge and actually lost a tiny bit of weight on the scales. If you dont believe me watch his youtube channel he is Jason Wittrock.
Keto for short term use. Absolutely. Long term use it’s not your best way.

And that guy NEVER obtained that physique with low/no carb. Not even close. He’s also on steroids. You’re quite literally proving all our points for us. SHORT TERM USE.

I run “low” carb to stay leaner during the summer. Less than 50g carbs 5 days per week, one day of 100g and one day of 300+ grams. In the winter when I’m looking to add muscle all have between between 100-150g carbs most days and two days at 200+ grams, much of those centered pre and post workout.

You don’t build muscle well on very low carbs.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 66
« First < 10505657585960 61626364 > Last »
Up