ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 78
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:49 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
parking-$140 Car rental-$194
Why do you need a car? Why not use Uber or Lyft? It would be considerably less expensive.
[Reply]
007 12:53 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Why do you need a car? Why not use Uber or Lyft? It would be considerably less expensive.
I honestly have not been impressed with Uber pricing. Based on my experience in Vegas I'm not convinced it would save much money. I like the Disney bus system even when it's crowded. It had its issues but always gets the job done.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:56 PM 01-21-2018
I honestly have not been impressed with Uber pricing. Based on my experience in Vegas I'm not convinced it would save much money. I like the Disney bus system even when it's crowded. It had its issues but always gets the job done.
Interesting. It's super cheap where I live. I wonder if their pricing is different from city to city?
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:08 PM 01-21-2018
You can price any ride on their website.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:17 PM 01-21-2018
I like the Disney bus system even when it's crowded. It had its issues but always gets the job done.
Its decent. considering the amount of people they have to move in a daily basis, they do a good job. They also provide free transportation from the Orlando airport.

The Universal bus system is pretty good too. They are becoming a mini Disney with all the hotels they keep adding.
[Reply]
Silock 01:45 PM 01-21-2018
I don't want to deal with having to rent a car and having to stop and pay for parking every day. Especially at their rates. When you add those two things into it its pretty much half a dozen of one or six of the other.

EDIT

Just doing a quick search I came up with this for two people age 10 and up.

7 day ticket parks only - $820
Condo on vrbo - $816
parking - $140
Car rental - $194

Total $1970 not including food and flight

booking through disney

$2070 and that includes one quick service meal per day, never having to drive, and not dealing with parking. Plus having access to Extra Magic Hours if we choose. Also not including extra food and flight.

Disney really does go out of their way to make sure staying on property is a viable option. The primary thing the condo gets me is a kitchen. But thats really only going to be for breakfast and we don't eat a big breakfast anyway.
What’s the room you’re staying in on property? Off property is nicer for the money.
[Reply]
Silock 01:46 PM 01-21-2018
It’s $7 one way from our condo to WDW.
[Reply]
Silock 01:48 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Its decent. considering the amount of people they have to move in a daily basis, they do a good job. They also provide free transportation from the Orlando airport.

The Universal bus system is pretty good too. They are becoming a mini Disney with all the hotels they keep adding.
Disney buses are fine but I hate waiting on them. It’s easier to just grab a car. Faster. Less stinky.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 01:54 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by Silock:
Disney buses are fine but I hate waiting on them. It’s easier to just grab a car. Faster. Less stinky.
100%. When we stayed at Animal Kingdom, buses took forever. We stayed at Beach Club last year and while it was quicker, it was still slow as hell.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:57 PM 01-21-2018
They are building some sort of Gondola system around Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the hotels near there. I think that will be a great addition
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:57 PM 01-21-2018
We went to Disneyland last week. A one day ticket to get into Disneyland and California Adventure was $159.00. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:24 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
We went to Disneyland last week. A one day ticket to get into Disneyland and California Adventure was $159.00. :-)
That’s why I bought the Deluxe Passes for the girls. $1,800 for 12 months, minimal blackout dates.

They go at least once a month, so it’s totally worth it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:54 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
They are building some sort of Gondola system around Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the hotels near there. I think that will be a great addition
thats part of that $2.5 billion upgrades going on.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 04:36 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
As a Florida resident, I bought two 4 day, 4 park passes for Disney World for $219 each. From Tampa it's only a 70min drive so not too bad.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:40 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That’s why I bought the Deluxe Passes for the girls. $1,800 for 12 months, minimal blackout dates.

They go at least once a month, so it’s totally worth it.
Holy shit, you could watch 8 football games and a home playoff loss for that price.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 78
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up