ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 80
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
DJay23 09:54 PM 01-25-2023
However I do hold out hope that he is out of this world and we can't tell at all that he was ever injured or maybe just a minor limp.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:55 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Andy and Patrick have a huge advantage in gameplanning this week if Mahomes is healthy.

Bengals enter the game cautious, not knowing the true status of Mahomes ankle.

Chiefs start the game conservative - quick passes, not much movement outside the pocket, slightly more running than usual.

Bengals get fed up, and come up to play the short stuff.

Out of nowhere, triple reverse boot throwback to mahomes who hits a streaking hardman for six.

BOOM BITCHES
I LOVE these little synopsis of yours.

They're always soooooo wrong. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:55 PM 01-25-2023
The combination of PM's postgame question and Schwartz on Twitter really was one of the more fascinating confluences I've seen in a bit.

Someone asked Mahomes if he was worried as he was waiting for the X-Ray results and he responded along the lines of "of course I was; you're always nervous when you're waiting on results like that so I just prayed and waited..."

Then Schwartz says the reason he was so angry and so unwilling to come out of the game was because if he were X-Rayed and there was a fracture, he knew they wouldn't let him go back in.

Think about that for a minute. Do that math.

That kid truly thought he might have a broken leg and his response wasn't "I'd better get this looked at" it was "Man, I better keep this secret or they're not gonna let me keep playing..."

And the fat radio slob thinks he's not going to play in the AFC Championship game...

Uh huh...
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:58 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Closeted Fescoe in the Morning listener.
You or me? Sometime I switch between 810 & 610 during commercials, because sometimes 610 will have a good guest, and 810 sometimes talks soccer and I couldn't care less about soccer.

But, if it's just Fescoe talking, I listen to soccer crap on 810. I just got so sick of his unprofessional nonsense. He is the least prepared sports talk host ever. In fact, I really believe he doesn't do any preparation for anything he talks about.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:08 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The combination of PM's postgame question and Schwartz on Twitter really was one of the more fascinating confluences I've seen in a bit.

Someone asked Mahomes if he was worried as he was waiting for the X-Ray results and he responded along the lines of "of course I was; you're always nervous when you're waiting on results like that so I just prayed and waited..."

Then Schwartz says the reason he was so angry and so unwilling to come out of the game was because if he were X-Rayed and there was a fracture, he knew they wouldn't let him go back in.

That kid truly thought he might have a broken leg and his response wasn't "I'd better get this looked at" it was "Man, I better keep this secret or they're not gonna let me keep playing..."

And the fat radio slob thinks he's not going to play in the AFC Championship game...

Uh huh...
Holy shit. Mahomes is a maniac.

I've never had a high ankle sprains. Shitload of low ones, so I honestly have no clue what he's going through. But GODDAMN this dude is criminally competitive.

And I'm here for it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 PM 01-25-2023

Uh huh...
The most shocking thing about this is that as soon as he got hurt....Patrick didn't even try to come out of the game. :-)

He sat on the bench for 30 seconds and then the whistle blew and he hopped back out there :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:45 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I've never had a high ankle sprains. Shitload of low ones, so I honestly have no clue what he's going through. But GODDAMN this dude is criminally competitive.

And I'm here for it.
If him hopping around with ankle weights and shit literally two days after this injury results in him balling out this weeend, you might see some change in the way teams treat this injury.

No doubt in my mind they're doing acupuncture and shit on his ankle right now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:46 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
I LOVE these little synopsis of yours.

They're always soooooo wrong. :-)
yeah i was wrong about our offense when we went up and down the field on you for 6.5 yards per play...wasn't I?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:49 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

And I'm here for it.
I've had both; a consequence of being a game but mediocre baseball and basketball player.

I'm about 70% convinced that the really severe one bothered me longer than a break would've. Took almost a year to get full range of motion back in my ankle; spent a few weeks in a boot.

Ultimately that's why I'm more concerned about the inevitable 'tweaks' than anything. I mean if I rolled over in bed, my foot got hung in the sheet and then twisted 20 degrees off center, I'd wake up in stabbing pain. No matter how careful he is or how well protected he is, there will be at least a half dozen instances of substantially more aggressive torque on that ankle.

I have a big ol' coffee table in my living room; probably weights about 120 lbs. So, y'know, half of Arden Key. I asked my wife what would happen if I took that table, elevated it, then dropped the fucking thing on the side of my calf from about waist high.

I mean when you think of it that way and recognize the amount of force that went into that injury...fuuuuuuuuuuck. Sure, he's tough. that's everyone's takeaway here. But he's just a damn alien - how the hell did that leg not detonate? The ability to play through a sprain is impressive but what's truly miraculous was that it was ONLY a sprain.

The guy's just absolutely remarkable.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 10:52 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
I’ve been to Disney way too many times that I can immediately recognize Joe’s uniform. Not sure who the guy is in the Chiefs shirt, but that look is pretty common at the parks.
Truth.

Because for the first five years of your kid's life you are basically the baby roadie.

You haul the gear, set up the stuff, tackle logistics. Those cargo shorts house numerous bags of gummies, goldfish crackers, a few juice boxes, wipes, etc. etc. etc.

You are basically the mule.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:53 PM 01-25-2023
has anyone given thought to henne coming in for a few snaps sporadically in this game?

one, to give mahomes a break, and two, to fuck with the bengals? a little play action pass...hell, let him run a QB sneak
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:55 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
has anyone given thought to henne coming in for a few snaps sporadically in this game?

one, to give mahomes a break, and two, to fuck with the bengals? a little play action pass...hell, let him run a QB sneak
Nah.

There's nothing a 'break' will accomplish. I mean maybe if he gets popped just wrong and is just in agony. If that happens it would probably be enough to loosen the tape job so they'd have to re-tape.

If you send him to the sideline to re-tape and attempt to re-stabilize, maybe Henne gets a look. But shit, they should probably just be re-taping the kid every drive or two.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:57 PM 01-25-2023
Nah.

There's nothing a 'break' will accomplish.
I mean, fewer plays, less chance something goes bad.

Mostly, I think there's an opportunity to screw with CIN.
[Reply]
threebag 10:57 PM 01-25-2023
How many times you think the Bengals twist, hit, hold and target that ankle? Our Oline going to kick some ass?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:59 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by threebag:
How many times you think the Bengals twist, hit, hold and target that ankle? Our Oline going to kick some ass?
They will.

So would we.

It's the nature of the game. It's the nature of all sports and why most guys hide injuries. Hockey's the worst about it - everything is a 'low body injury' because if they know what's hurting, they're gonna find ways to 'bump' it.

And yeah, the OL is gonna have to play a little enforcer when they do. But they will and we just have to accept that.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 80
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up