ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Steven Nelson Thread*****
Dante84 09:13 PM 05-01-2015

New Chiefs CB Steven Nelson was one of two CBs in this class to not miss a single tackle in 2014

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) May 2, 2015

Jaelen Strong vs Steven Nelson (2014) by db_adrian
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08:40 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
No it's not. Smith is way overrated. Gives up too many big plays. Not trying to :-) here just saying.
You're a dumbass
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:42 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
we have one of the best THREE safety combos in the entire LEAGUE

what more do you people want?
He has four on Madden!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:43 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by CarlPeterson_fan:
Wow! We are really loaded at corner now. Still a little weak at safety with Berry out. Any chance any of our currents corners can make a Ron Parker switch and be a really good safety? Fleming? Cooper? Not any chance that they drafted Nelson to play safety is there? A sure tackler like that is what you need at safety.
We gonna die Corral!!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:57 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
we have one of the best THREE safety combos in the entire LEAGUE

what more do you people want?

.. And mcaj NEVER says anything nice about the Chiefs so take note, people.
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:43 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
.. And mcaj NEVER says anything nice about the Chiefs so take note, people.
I'm like one of 5 people saying something nice about Mitch Morse, too!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:49 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
GIVE ME...A CHECK...OF DOWN
:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:50 AM 05-02-2015
New Chiefs CB Steven Nelson was one of two CBs in this class to not miss a single tackle in 2014

Wow-great stat!

Maybe he can teach Parker how to tackle.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:52 AM 05-02-2015
I'm a sunshine pumper but I just can't see the point in this pick.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:33 AM 05-02-2015
Seems very redundant to me, thought Peters would be plenty good enough to bolster the corner corp... still no ILB, still no second receiver... I'm just gonna roll with it, nothing I can do about it but hope the kid is good.

Gotta love that tackling stat, don't gotta love that somewhat average speed for a corner at 4.49.
[Reply]
CarlPeterson_fan 01:19 PM 05-02-2015
Oh yeah. I forgot that we added Branch. I guess we don't need to move someone to safety
[Reply]
staylor26 01:52 PM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Seems very redundant to me, thought Peters would be plenty good enough to bolster the corner corp... still no ILB, still no second receiver... I'm just gonna roll with it, nothing I can do about it but hope the kid is good.

Gotta love that tackling stat, don't gotta love that somewhat average speed for a corner at 4.49.
You know how Peters gives us solid depth at CB? Nelson insures we have that next year also when Smith is gone and while he's suspended for 2 games this year. Not that hard to understand.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 02:26 PM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I can't hate on this. After Smith our CB's were pretty poor.

Sounds like he's good in run support, average speed, start out as nickel corner and could become a starter with time.

Not bad...
It would be nice to see some guys really be able to lock onto a receiver for more than 1.5 seconds.
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:26 PM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
It would be nice to see some guys really be able to lock onto a receiver for more than 1.5 seconds.
If our pass rush looked that good last year, imagine what it will look like this year with an improved secondary.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:40 PM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
If our pass rush looked that good last year, imagine what it will look like this year with an improved secondary.
Manning can only get rid of the ball in 3.1 seconds if there's someone open to throw it to...:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:51 AM 05-05-2015
I have been watching him on draftbreakdown and I've gotta say his style of play really reminds me of Brandon Flowers.
He's not scared of anybody. If you get a chance go watch him play against Jaelen Strong. He owned him and was in his face all day.

I think our two 3rd rd picks can be just as good as our two 3rd rd picks in 2013. Conley and Nelson are the best overall picks in the draft bc we got so much value.

Look at who teams took. Would you rather have Steven Nelson or that 5'8" midget that PIT drafted in rd 2 from Ole Miss?
Would you rather have Conley or Devin "20 drops in 3 years" Funchess?

Both these picks appear to have provided incredible value.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up