ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 47
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
BWillie 07:18 AM 09-12-2022
Im a little concerned. I think we win because were at home but I don't think we can take much away from the Arizona game. Not sure what that DC was thinking sending pressure on Mahomes over and over again. If there is a book out on Mahomes, its send everyone into coverage. Cincinnati did that.

The Chargers can get a good pass rush with 4 guys and not have to blitz. Brown didnt look great in this game either. Would be nice to see him step up and just own Bosa and the Chargers
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:36 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Im a little concerned. I think we win because were at home but I don't think we can take much away from the Arizona game. Not sure what that DC was thinking sending pressure on Mahomes over and over again. If there is a book out on Mahomes, its send everyone into coverage. Cincinnati did that.
Mahomes was just as effective when they didn’t blitz him as when they did. So stop finding reasons to be dismissive.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:39 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Mahomes was just as effective when they didn’t blitz him as when they did. So stop finding reasons to be dismissive.
I'm not being dismissive. I'm talking about football. I just read something by Next Gen Sports that Mahomes was blitzed on 54% of his drop backs, which was the highest any team has ever blitzed him. Which is quite funny to try such a strategy. I think it's fair to say the Chargers won't need to do that to get a pass rush. How to beat the Chiefs....you need speed rushers who can get to the QB without blitzing and send everyone out in coverage. I have no idea what Arizona was thinking in this game. So yes it's hard to take much away from this game where everyone in the NFL knows that you don't blitz Mahomes, well except for Vance Joseph.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:49 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm not being dismissive. I'm talking about football. I just read something by Next Gen Sports that Mahomes was blitzed on 54% of his drop backs, which was the highest any team has ever blitzed him. Which is quite funny to try such a strategy. I think it's fair to say the Chargers won't need to do that to get a pass rush. How to beat the Chiefs....you need speed rushers who can get to the QB without blitzing and send everyone out in coverage. I have no idea what Arizona was thinking in this game. So yes it's hard to take much away from this game where everyone in the NFL knows that you don't blitz Mahomes, well except for Vance Joseph.
Yeah, the whole blitzing strategy was unusual. And while I agree with Twisted Chief that Mahomes has gotten pretty good against zones, he's still better facing blitzes. That's where he really shines, and always has. I wonder if Vance felt like they have no chance with their young and backup DBs unless they tried to get lots of pressure. That's the only thing I can come up with the explain his gameplan.
[Reply]
O.city 07:21 AM 09-12-2022
What happened to Gay? He seemed fine
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:27 AM 09-12-2022
One thing to keep in mind is that the Chargers shredded our defense last year twice, but never saw our real defense.

Jones was still playing DE in the first meeting and we didn’t have Ingram. I think Gay also missed that one.

Jones was out for the second game.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:35 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
One thing to keep in mind is that the Chargers shredded our defense last year twice, but never saw our real defense.

Jones was still playing DE in the first meeting and we didn’t have Ingram. I think Gay also missed that one.

Jones was out for the second game.
Gay missed the first one as did Ward. We had Hughes on Mike Williams and that didn’t work out so well…
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:58 AM 09-12-2022
Gay missed the first one as did Ward. We had Hughes on Mike Williams and that didn’t work out so well…
Yeah, I forgot about Ward missing.

The previous year, Herbert would have only seen our defense once. The second game, we rested everyone since the 1 seed was locked up.

That makes me feel pretty good about Spags confusing a young QB for a game.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:35 AM 09-12-2022
I've seen at least a couple of people on here suggesting that the Derwin James can slow down Kelce.

The last time these 2 teams played, Kelce had 10 receptions for 191 yards (that's a 19.1 avg) and 2 TDs. Tell me, how is that limiting him?

Edit: Just looked up the game in KC last year out of curiosity and it shows that Kelce had 7 receptions for 104.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:38 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I've seen at least a couple of people on here suggesting that the Derwin James can slow down Kelce.

The last time these 2 teams played, Kelce had 10 receptions for 191 yards (that's a 19.1 avg) and 2 TDs. Tell me, how is that limiting him?

Edit: Just looked up the game in KC last year out of curiosity and it shows that Kelce had 7 receptions for 104.
James was out the majority of that game. He only played 39% of the snaps and if you recall Kelce did most of his damage late and in OT when James wasn’t on the field.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:39 AM 09-12-2022
James was out the majority of that game. He only played 39% of the snaps and if you recall Kelce did most of his damage late and in OT when James wasn’t on the field.
Ah, ok. I couldn't remember but I did check the stats and it showed that he played so I didn't realize it was only part of the game.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:39 AM 09-12-2022
We are going to beat that ass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:47 AM 09-12-2022
The bad:

There were some breakdowns in coverage yesterday that the Chargers will exploit.

The good:

The entire secondary is basically new. They're only going to get better.
[Reply]
In58men 07:50 AM 09-12-2022
From Ian

#Chargers WR Keenan Allen will have an MRI on his hamstring after being ruled out yesterday, source said. Given the quick turnaround, missing Thursday vs. the #Chiefs makes sense, but tests today will determine the full extent of the injury
[Reply]
O.city 07:50 AM 09-12-2022
I'm assuming Keenan Allen will be out and McDuffie as well.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 47
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up