ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 40
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:33 PM 12-10-2014
I CAN'T BELIEVE THE CHIEFS DID THE SAME STUPID SHIT THEY'VE BEEN DOING SINCE I WAS BORN!
[Reply]
BossChief 08:41 PM 12-10-2014
Some of us are used to it to the point we expect the franchise to do dumb shit.

Here's an exercise...

Go back and look at all the quarterbacks that have been in the Super Bowl over the last 10 years or so.

Now realize we passed on almost all of them in the draft.

This team has drafted a punter in the third round, but hasn't drafted a quarterback in the first in over 30 years.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:58 PM 12-10-2014
It has to be their stubbornness to stay with Alex.

The guy had pro and spread experience. Looked amazing at the Senior Bowl. Great footwork, solid frame, elite caliber arm, very athletic for a QB and ran a 4.69, accurate throws and can throw all the passes, leader who works extremely hard.

That looks like Aaron Rodgers scouting report for Christ sakes.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 09:00 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It has to be their stubbornness to stay with Alex.

The guy had pro and spread experience. Looked amazing at the Senior Bowl. Great footwork, solid frame, elite caliber arm, very athletic for a QB and ran a 4.69, accurate throws and can throw all the passes, leader who works extremely hard.

That looks like Aaron Rodgers scouting report for Christ sakes.
Holy shit Run...

Let it go man, let it go.
[Reply]
Eureka 09:33 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
Holy shit Run...

Let it go man, let it go.
I Don't blame him though. Atleast take a flyer on a 1st or 2nd rd QB sometime over the years! Maybe, Dorsey will get aggressive this next draft and make it happen but I doubt it after the Smith extension.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:42 PM 12-10-2014
Why wasn't this thread made after the Raiders lost 52-0
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:07 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
This idea that Andy is a QB guru is nonsense.

Combined numbers for QB starts in Philly under Andy Reid NOT named Donovan McNabb:

38-44 record (.463)
55% completion percentage
112 TD's
94 INT's
70 QBR.

And those numbers are inflated due to Vick, who was a #1 overall pick.

Take Vick out of the equation, and you're looking at a 20-28 record (.416) and a 61:64 TD:INT ratio.

Hopefully Donovan McNabb is getting royalties from Andy, because he's solely responsible for people thinking Reid is some sort of QB Whisperer.

McNabb was Reid's QB for 10 of 13 years Reid was a head coach before coming to KC.

Under Reid he had a borderline HOF career and after was total shit.

Kind of hard to put all of Reid's success on McNabb when Reid had some success without him, including when McNabb was hurt.

Kolb, Detmer, Feeley, and Garcia are all names that had some level of success in small doses.

I doubt you can find any team where back up QB's who played any resonable amount of time have winning numbers over a 13 year span. Isn't that why they are back ups?

Its a two way street anyway, no coach completely makes a QB or either way I don't think. It takes some greatness on both sides.

I know this and fact is I am not a huge Reid fan.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:08 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
I CAN'T BELIEVE THE CHIEFS DID THE SAME STUPID SHIT THEY'VE BEEN DOING SINCE I WAS BORN!
Then die or go away, problem solved.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:20 PM 12-10-2014
There is nothing so far to suggest Carr is going to be a great player.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:53 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
There is nothing so far to suggest Carr is going to be a great player.
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/10/derek-...kland-raiders/
[Reply]
R8RFAN 01:15 AM 12-11-2014

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:04 AM 12-11-2014
Raiders will win Super Bowl 52.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:06 AM 12-11-2014
Can't believe the team that's passed on every qb for 30 years passed on a qb?

Okay then.
[Reply]
ILChief 06:21 AM 12-11-2014
Carr wasn't a first rounder so he wouldn't have counted
[Reply]
ILChief 06:24 AM 12-11-2014
Originally Posted by dls6501:
This doesnt mean anything to me. Friends who are 49er fans swear that Alex was amazing in the redzone as a 49er.....and he hasnt shown to be worth a damn since we got him.
Actually he has been quite good in the red zone. The problem is we we rarely get there
[Reply]
Page 6 of 40
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up