ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Belichick done in NE
SHOWTIME 06:13 AM 01-11-2024

🚨 🚨 🚨

The #Patriots are moving on and so is the greatest coach of all time.

Bill Belichick won’t be New England’s coach in 2024, per me and @TomPelissero, as his celebrated 24-year tenure, one that included 6 Super Bowl wins, is over. A new era awaits. pic.twitter.com/QRqfe2lkHh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 11, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 09:48 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Belichick, Saban and Pete Carroll all out within a span of 24 hours… crazy.
Well they're all old as hell.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:49 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by milkshock:
Outside of Brady, who else has this man 'developed' at QB. I would say he has in fact probably ruined multiple. Look back and you will see a catalogue of catastrophic failures under him at that position.

And I suggest his track record indicates that he had nothing to do with 'developing' Brady either.
Jimmy G.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:54 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You forgot the cheating, bought off ref$ and pure shit luck.
Don't even really think there was much luck, just the cheating and refball.
[Reply]
Chiefer89 10:01 AM 01-11-2024
He stupidly thought he could keep on winning when his generational QB walked out the door. That's not how it works. You don't plug in a Mac Jones, continue running a Brady offense, and expect similar results.

And...did he develop Tom Brady. Or, did he hit the jackpot? Let's not forget they waited six rounds to take him.

His legacy will be a guy with a great defensive mind. But was just a mediocre coach without #12.
[Reply]
milkshock 10:09 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Jimmy G.

I would argue he is a mediocre NFL qb. Doesn’t support Belichick’s case at all IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 10:33 AM 01-11-2024
Just a reminder of the Spygate process under Belichick:

1. Belichick hired in NE.

2. Patriots illegally videotape their opponents defensive signals from 2000-2007. Cameramen hid their Patriots logos and wore "Kraft Productions" or "NFL Films" attire to avoid detection.

3. Tapes handed to Belichick's genius friend with a photographic memory, Ernie Adams, who would review the tape before the next time they play that same opponent.

4. In the next game, using the illegally obtained footage, Ernie would talk to Brady or OC Charlie Weis on the headset about what defenses were doing.

5. Patriots win game. Brady, a 6th round pick that no one cared about, looks good in front of the world.

6. Rinse/repeat for 7 years until they got caught.

7. Patriots don't win another super bowl for 7 years.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:34 AM 01-11-2024
Sorry Ian but Bellicheat isn't the GOAT If he was, then he could have won without Brady. Look at what Andy Reid has accomplished. He has a very good winning record without Mahomes. Taking an Alex Smith led team to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years (and a 10-6 record that missed year) is an accomplishment. That team was 2-14 and had the first overall pick in the worst draft in history. He still put them in the playoffs year one. Bill has been downright bad since Brady left and he wasn't all that great before Brady.
[Reply]
wazu 10:40 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
Just a reminder of the Spygate process under Belichick:

1. Belichick hired in NE.

2. Patriots illegally videotape their opponents defensive signals from 2000-2007. Cameramen hid their Patriots logos and wore "Kraft Productions" or "NFL Films" attire to avoid detection.

3. Tapes handed to Belichick's genius friend with a photographic memory, Ernie Adams, who would review the tape before the next time they play that same opponent.

4. In the next game, using the illegally obtained footage, Ernie would talk to Brady or OC Charlie Weis on the headset about what defenses were doing.

5. Patriots win game. Brady, a 6th round pick that no one cared about, looks good in front of the world.

6. Rinse/repeat for 7 years until they got caught.

7. Patriots don't win another super bowl for 7 years.
One note that was just anecdotal, but also worth including in this:

Originally Posted by :
Offensive plays would be called based on stolen signals and the information relayed straight to Brady’s helmet, O’Leary theorizes.

In this scenario, the extra frequency is critical, as it allows the team to do something in real time with the stolen signals, out of earshot of the NFL monitor, and change its plays accordingly.

If there’s an open channel during the play itself, you can also alert the quarterback to open receivers he may not see.

O’Leary repeats a rumor that Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie once said he accidentally picked up Brady’s helmet during the 2005 season.

“He was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the 15-second cutoff, right up until the snap,” *according to O’Leary.

“The voice in Tom Brady’s helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face.”
https://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-a...tarted-it-all/
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:29 AM 01-11-2024
End of an era.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:35 AM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
His deal with the devil has expired. Darn, that's too bad.
He must have signed it on the same day as Saban.
[Reply]
threebag 11:37 AM 01-11-2024
Robert Kraft with another Happy Ending
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:41 AM 01-11-2024
BB is a great HC. Things just didn't work out there in the end. It happens to almost all HCs at some point..

I'm sure in the right situation BB will bounce back. We will have to wait and see if he goes some where else. I just think BB needs let go of GM duties, but his time in NE -- it's definitely time to go.

But yeah I wouldn't take anything away from BB because of how he has done wout Brady. He did lead a Matt Cassel team to 11-5. Let's not forget Reid got fired in Philly.

Even with Brady you don't win 6 SBs if you are not a HOF HC. And as so many on here like to point out when ppl call Brady the GOAT BB defenses are a huge reason the Pats won some of those SBs.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:57 AM 01-11-2024
Alex Smiff is about to interview Casshole on NFL Radio to discuss Belichick.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:16 PM 01-11-2024
Damn I just realized Belichick and Saban are considered 2 of the greatest coaches of the modern era and them working together couldn't save the Browns :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:17 PM 01-11-2024
The retard comments about Belichick are the same type of the dumb shit retards say about the Chiefs
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up