ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What's your opinion of Dairy Queen?
big nasty kcnut 09:27 PM 01-20-2022
It good stuff to bad the dairy queen shut down near my old place. The ice cream and blizzard are so good.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:28 PM 01-20-2022
This thread just made me go out in 9 degree weather to get a fucking malt.

Damn you.

:-)
[Reply]
srvy 10:18 PM 01-20-2022
Also a freeze that I knew in the 60s and 70s was a citrus drink with a few scoops of sherbert.

When we were on holiday from school we would go to my mom's work in Commerce Tower
downtown KC and sit in the observation booth and watch airplanes land at Municipal Airport.
Lunch was at Jones stores lunch counter. All the Department stores had them but Jones was best. I always got a cheeseburger fries or rings or grilled ham and cheese with a side of mac and cheese. Always a Limeaid Freese it had 3 scoops of lime sherbert and a couple of cherries on top. Downtown KC was hustle-bustle in the 60s and 70s. The paperboys and cigarette girls on main corners. I would always try to get free samples never any luck till the late 70s when was old enough. Good times and those lunch counters were the bomb. On the way home mom would run into Cake Box and grab a cake desert for after dinner. I always remember that red and white box and knew something good was inside.

Interesting that the owner sold Cake Box Bakery but his daughter went on to establish Bagle and Bagel in Brookside then later sold to a company the renamed it Einstein Bakery. She then founded Spin Pizza then retired.
[Reply]
threebag 10:48 PM 01-20-2022
Our DQ has this orange popcorn salt that is awesome on the fries
[Reply]
srvy 11:11 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Our DQ has this orange popcorn salt that is awesome on the fries
My son and daughter love that I always have Franklins popcorn salt around my favorite. I will hand-fry fries and sprinkle them on. It's a major pain in the ass to deep fry your own fries but they love it.

Good stuff seems always sold out on Amazon but can buy directly and they ship batter than Amazon.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:40 AM 01-21-2022
Those country chicken strip or steak baskets are for real!
[Reply]
Brooklyn 07:58 AM 01-21-2022
there's a new Reese's/Cookie Dough Blizzard. It's possibly the best Blizzard I've ever had.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:14 AM 01-21-2022
Butterfinger blizzard was my crack back in the day. Haven't had one in many years though.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:19 AM 01-21-2022
DQ part starts at ~1:05, but it's all worth watching...

[Reply]
Cheater5 08:23 AM 01-21-2022
My first job when I was 13 years old ($2.35/hour) was at Dairy Queen at 85th and Wornall road-- across the street from Christ the King Church / School. We had to weigh each sundae on a scale before serving it; if it was an ounce too heavy my boss required you to take it back to the walk-in freezer and dump it back in the machine. I cannot tell you how many times I took a huge bite before doing so...my boss was a dick. He talked just like Strother Martin, the warden from Cool Hand Luke. Oh, and making that little curly-cue on top took practice.

I haven't been back to KC in a few years, but I think that DQ is now closed/abandoned.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:34 AM 01-21-2022
They don't have footlongs, taverns, mushroom Swiss burgers, or nerd blizzards anymore. F them.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:37 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
They don't have footlongs, taverns, mushroom Swiss burgers, or nerd blizzards anymore. F them.
It’ll be okay bud
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:40 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
It’ll be okay bud
NOOOOO! I do get a box of dilly bars from time to time.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:39 AM 01-21-2022
Side note - I sorted Milk for Robert's dairy in college. The GF I was with at the time, her father ran it. Robert's had closed here in SUX, so it was shipped up from Omaha. My job was to sort the loads out for the 3 drivers we had.

DQ ice cream milk was a special recipe requested by DQ.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:46 AM 01-21-2022
I don't think I've ate anything other than ice cream at dairy queen. Last time I had DQ was probably in high school, maybe shortly after so it's definitely been a while.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up