scho63 09:06 AM 07-12-2019
Another great one and one of Peter Sellers last movies he made-

Being There

[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:39 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Another great one and one of Peter Sellers last movies he made-

Being There

You know UF Gators had a black DB named Chauncey Gardner, I always wondered if he was named after Peter Sellers character. I also really enjoyed Jack Warden as the President, also in Heaven Can Wait as the trainer for Warren Beatty.

My neighbor golf partner was a classmate of Peter Seller's son in the late 70's in college. I just found out last week and was asking him about the guy. He said the fellow was quiet and introvert, had no British accent since he grew up here. I loved Being There, I was looking to record it, have wait until it comes up.
[Reply]
scho63 11:44 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I loved Being There, I was looking to record it, have wait until it comes up.
Here is the movie in HD for you.

Just make sure you have Malware blocker and Chrome Ad Block enabled. Its a great site

https://www4.fusionmovies.to/film/be...FdlzK/Z2cvtZWe
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:12 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Here is the movie in HD for you.

Just make sure you have Malware blocker and Chrome Ad Block enabled. Its a great site

https://www4.fusionmovies.to/film/be...FdlzK/Z2cvtZWe
Thanks, that looks like a good site.
[Reply]
underEJ 07:11 PM 07-12-2019
1978 but Foul Play is one I often find people haven't seen even though it was popular then. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn.

IMDB blurb- A shy San Francisco librarian and a bumbling cop fall in love as they solve a crime involving albinos, dwarves, and the Catholic Church.

Pretty much says it all!
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:25 PM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:
1978 but Foul Play is one I often find people haven't seen even though it was popular then. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn.

IMDB blurb- A shy San Francisco librarian and a bumbling cop fall in love as they solve a crime involving albinos, dwarves, and the Catholic Church.

Pretty much says it all!
Dudley Moore steals the show
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:42 AM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:

Pretty much says it all!
Haven’t seen that since I was a kid, but I recall really liking it.

One that I overlooked as a kid and never saw was ‘Seems like Old Times’.

Watched it recently and it’s really good. Charles Grodin was excellent in anything he did. the Chase/Grodin/Goldie Hawn trifecta is perfect.

https://youtu.be/quGmWh-sqhE
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:12 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Haven’t seen that since I was a kid, but I recall really liking it.

One that I overlooked as a kid and never saw was ‘Seems like Old Times’.

Watched it recently and it’s really good. Charles Grodin was excellent in anything he did. the Chase/Grodin/Goldie Hawn trifecta is perfect.

https://youtu.be/quGmWh-sqhE
I was going to list this. I like “Seems Like Old Times” better than Foul Play. It’s a great movie.

Have you seen The In-Laws with Alan Arkin and Peter Faulk? That is a truly funny movie. Lots of great lines in it.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:15 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Have you seen The In-Laws with Alan Arkin and Peter Faulk? That is a truly funny movie. Lots of great lines in it.
That's another excellent choice of a largely forgotten movie.
[Reply]
scho63 07:13 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
That's another excellent choice of a largely forgotten movie.
I JUST re-watched that about two weeks ago.

"SERPENTINE, SERPENTINE!" :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:27 PM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I have seen it but not in many years. I need to watch it again sometime
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:09 AM 07-14-2019
Men at Work
[Reply]
scho63 09:50 AM 07-14-2019
The Hudsucker Proxy starring Paul Newman, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tim Robbins.

That's a movie I can NEVER remember seeing it played on TV as a rerun
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:33 PM 07-15-2019
Another one I remember as a kid but haven’t seen in decades is ‘Freebie and the Bean’. I’ve heard some podcasts talk about it. I need to watch it again. I’m sure it’s very dated
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:51 AM 07-16-2019
Gremlins part 2
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up