ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What's a good alternative to Keurig
Lzen 09:14 AM 07-09-2024
Our Keurig duo just broke. This is the second one we've had (first one broke while still under warranty). I would like to hear some suggestions. Anything that will last longer, better quality, etc.? Or is this just the nature of these kinds of appliances?

Currently, I'm looking at this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-CFP101-...en%2C84&sr=1-1
[Reply]
trndobrd 10:04 PM 07-11-2024
My wife got me a Cuisinart brew/k-cup combo coffee station for my office. Nice to be able to make a pot in the morning, or just one cup after lunch.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:32 PM 07-11-2024
MrCoffee/Folgers

Gourmet blends from time to time.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:21 AM 07-12-2024
I am amazed at all of the differing opinions on coffee and types of coffee makers in this thread. I did not expect that. Thanks, everyone for your input. I did look over every post but still ended up back here. We got the Ninja CFP101 DualBrew Hot & Iced Coffee Maker, Single-Serve, compatible with K-Cups & 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker, Black. It arrived yesterday and I was able to use it this morning. I used the rich setting for my single cup. Seems to work well.

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-CFP101-...-garden&sr=1-1
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:47 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I am amazed at all of the differing opinions on coffee and types of coffee makers in this thread. I did not expect that. Thanks, everyone for your input. I did look over every post but still ended up back here. We got the Ninja CFP101 DualBrew Hot & Iced Coffee Maker, Single-Serve, compatible with K-Cups & 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker, Black. It arrived yesterday and I was able to use it this morning. I used the rich setting for my single cup. Seems to work well.

We have a couple Ninja products and they have functioned very well.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 05:53 PM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I knew a young lady like that once. Raise her up in the air, smack her bottom 3 times and she'd get right back to work also.....
With the young ladies, I don’t recommend using a rubber mallet. A ping pong paddle is a much better choice.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:27 PM 07-12-2024
Me too. I have never heard of a poor over or press. The quick googling shows me pictures of "coffee makers" that appear from the 40's and such.
I went from having a Mr. Coffee to a Bunn to a Keurig.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 07:40 PM 07-12-2024

When your Ninja breaks in couple of years, Pick it up, raise it into the air, smack the bottom with a rubber mallet 3 times. It will start working again.
[Reply]
scho63 07:31 AM 07-17-2024
I can't fucking believe it.

This morning I made my first cup of coffee in my single cup Kuerig, just went to make a second cup and each time I close and push the correct cup size I want, it turns off.

Don't know if there is a reset but looks like I'm buying a new one.

This thread jinxed me!
[Reply]
Holladay 10:38 AM 07-17-2024
I would look at the idea of "cold" brew. There are a number of items that will do it. The idea of hot stuff on the beans/grounds takes some of the flavor out v cold brew.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:31 PM 07-17-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I can't fucking believe it.

This morning I made my first cup of coffee in my single cup Kuerig, just went to make a second cup and each time I close and push the correct cup size I want, it turns off.

Don't know if there is a reset but looks like I'm buying a new one.

This thread jinxed me!
:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:51 PM 07-17-2024
Originally Posted by Holladay:
I would look at the idea of "cold" brew. There are a number of items that will do it. The idea of hot stuff on the beans/grounds takes some of the flavor out v cold brew.
Don’t fuck with a machine.

A $15 pitcher with a cold brew basket will do it. Or if you don’t want to spend the money a mason jar and a cheesecloth will do it.

Just put 80g in a half gallon of water on the counter for 24 hours then filter the grinds off and put it in the fridge and enjoy your life changing experience.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:34 PM 07-17-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
Ran out of coffee yesterday, woke up this morning had to make myself an instant tasters choice. I have that stored away in the pantry for this situation. It doesn't taste great but 2 heaping tablespoons in a cup sure had more caffeine damn! Went out today and got some better coffee though
In emergency, break foil.

[Reply]
Holladay 04:54 AM 07-18-2024
Bodum Bean Cold Brew Press and Iced Coffee Maker, 51 Ounce, Black
(4.4)
4.4 stars out of 357 reviews
357 reviews
Free 90-day returns
Now $14.78
You save $7.21

and don't have to mess with the cheese cloth.

I don't drink coffee because I like the taste...see above post, it is for the boost. I can't slam a hot cup of coffee. I can slam a cup of cold brew.

WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAM!!:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 07:10 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
When your Ninja breaks in couple of years, Pick it up, raise it into the air, smack the bottom with a rubber mallet 3 times. It will start working again.
:-)

Serious.ly if it breaks in a couple of years, I will be looking for a different brand. Hopefully, using water from the fridge will help it last. Or perhaps I should start bringing home deionized water from work. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 07:11 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Cold coffee? Heck no!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up