ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba drops a deuce on Alex Smith
T-post Tom 04:27 PM 05-11-2024

Tamba Hali recently admitted that, at times when Patrick Mahomes was on the bench behind Alex Smith in 2017, Chiefs players wanted Mahomes to play. https://t.co/U9kNvalVfY

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) May 11, 2024

I'll throw Florio a bone on this one... or maybe an anvil?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:45 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
No, no he doesn't.
It's Andy's call as to who plays and who sits. Andy made up for it in the Mahomes era.

We good.
[Reply]
tk13 10:54 PM 05-11-2024
Hard to argue against Mahomes, but I do find it weird that often the talented guys who end up sitting like Mahomes, Rodgers, Philip Rivers, even Jordan Love now... they seem to have quite a bit of success. Love looked like he might be the best QB in the NFC at the end. You'd think more teams would see this and try it, but I get most coaches are on the hot seat more than Reid or any of the Packers coaches. You could make a pretty strong argument that letting a raw QB just be a student for the first year is a solid plan compared to "throw him out there and see what you've got."
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:19 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
4,000 yards, 27 TD. Which at the time had him in the MVP conversation at one point.

They did it perfectly, and it’s really weird how bitter some people still are towards the guy.
Because people have to make up stories about him and all of the feel good bullshit we get fed about him. People want to act like Mahomes would have never become what he wax without Alex Smith. I'll pushback on that nonsense everytime.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:46 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
You think him and Chris Jones jousted?
Yeah from opposite end zones.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:26 AM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
We were leading like 21-3 at halftime of the playoff game.

You must be thinking of a different season.
I was just jumping the gun with saying he should have started at halftime.

I believe Kelce went out with a concussion, and the offense couldn't do anything in the second half.

I believe if Mahomes plays in the second half, we score at least, AT LEAST, a FG and we don't lose by 1 point.

But, yeah, let's say Smith should not have played the entire second half.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:31 AM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You must not believe that Patrick Mahomes is at minimum the 2nd best QB that has ever lived.
You must not remember Brady was 2-0 against Mahomes in the post season. Brady wasn't washed yet and rookie Mahomes was not beating that Patriots team
[Reply]
New World Order 01:42 AM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The offense fell off a cliff midway through the season. Peters checked out and the ghost of Darelle Revis at the other CB. Kelce suffered another concussion in the Titans game and Jones got banged up. They didn't weren't winning shit that year
Yes it did.

Thanks Alex!
[Reply]
carcosa 02:04 AM 05-12-2024
Alex Smith fucking SUCKED!!!!! Imho
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:33 AM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
4,000 yards, 27 TD. Which at the time had him in the MVP conversation at one point.

They did it perfectly, and it’s really weird how bitter some people still are towards the guy.
In fairness, Alex was obviously carried by Kelce, Tyreek and Kareem Hunt.

Statistically, Tyreek literally made Smith the best deep passer in the NFL that year lol

Originally Posted by BWillie:
You are insane.

They went 10-6 and Alex Smith and was an MVP candidate. He had a 105 QB rating. Mahomes would have went scorched earth. Prime Kelce, Reek and Kareem Hunt before he kicked bitches.
We could have gotten lucky, but Tyreek and Kareem were not yet in their prime, IMO. That was Hill’s first year as a full-time WR and Hunt was obviously a rookie.

I believe Mahomes got the true primes of the three guys the following season.

Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Yeah from opposite end zones.
:-) OK, this is really good.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:36 AM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Alex ****ing Smith is the reason I stopped going to at least one game at arrowhead for twenty five years.

So, yeah, F him.
Mahomes says Smith was good for him. Get over it and stop being a dick.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:40 AM 05-12-2024
I remember being at that bills game (and Steelers) and yelling put in Mahomes. And I wasn't joking. Smith started out doing well that season but yeah, it was obvious that he had taken the Chiefs as far as he was capable.
[Reply]
Otter 07:53 AM 05-12-2024
The most frustrating part about Alex was that when he actually decided not to play like a 46 year old librarian that never seen a nudie he was good. I'd be interested to hear what his wife would say about him in the sack.

But we have Patrick who is the GOAT and I'll forget about that afterthought.

Moral of this story: 1. Take your shots when opportunity arises. 2. Move on.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 07:59 AM 05-12-2024
I like it.

I personally would have liked to see another year of MVPat raping faces.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:06 AM 05-12-2024
I’d actually like Smith a little more if he shot up a car.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:54 AM 05-12-2024
Patrick mahomes if he was drafted in 2013 would've carried the weight of turning around a comically bad franchise that saw a public fan revolt and a player that killed himself in the parking lot. He would be the guy to prove Andy Reid wasn't a dinosaur after a lousy end in Philly. He would've walked into the playoffs carrying around the weight of a playoff curse. During that time, Andy had a chance to reinvent his offense which took a few years to take hold. It was probably that aha to incorporate more spread concepts that made us even consider mahomes. Alex walked so Patrick could run.

And in the grand scheme of things any small change may have set us on a different course. A terrible season could have landed us Mitchell trubisky. Instead, rather than drag on the next few years with empty stadiums, defeated morale and unwatchable football we were all cursed with making the playoffs every year that couldn't finish the job. I remember griping constantly about Alex Smith to my browns fans and they told me to **** right off. It's blasphemy to not consider Alex Smith a part of our historic run
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up