ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 80
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:16 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Wow. That's a side of big red i never thought existed. Insults the guy's weight. Ignores him. Tells the camera man to keep walking cause this guy's not that important. What happened between these two?
I think he was insulting Sal's ego. Sal IIRC kind of made it a mission to get Andy fired those last few years in Philly.

Also said this: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...erest-in-reid/
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:20 PM 01-25-2023
I always loved the “you’re the only one I’d let grab me like that”

Reid gives off mafioso vibes lol
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:34 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Was it Sal Pantalones or whatever the fuck his name is that Reid was just outright hostile to during a post game? That shit was hilarious.

Edit: Yeesss, and he's an even bigger douche to him than I remembered.

https://deadspin.com/sal-paolantonio...eir-1353658515
The look he gave Paolantonio when he thought he was the guy who'd grabbed his shirt was raw death.

We've seen him flash that look a few times but it doesn't come out often.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to piss that guy off. He can be a damn intimidating dude.
[Reply]
Blaker32 09:37 PM 01-25-2023
The “he’s not going to play” thing doesn’t make sense. He finished the game. Two years ago in the divisional round he got turf toe so badly he had to have surgery and was also choked out. He then played the next week and in the superbowl at a near super human level.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:39 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Blaker32:
The “he’s not going to play” thing doesn’t make sense. He finished the game. Two years ago in the divisional round he got turf toe so badly he had to have surgery and was also choked out. He then played the next week and in the superbowl at a near super human level.
Wait, who's still insisting that he's not going to play?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:43 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wait, who's still insisting that he's not going to play?
Petro started his show today still pushing the bullshit possibility that Mahomes would be inactive Sunday.

This was even AFTER Mahomes’ press conference and his full participation in practice.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:46 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I always loved the “you’re the only one I’d let grab me like that”

Reid gives off mafioso vibes lol
Kelce said that Reid runs a super tight ship. I asked kinda what that meant - how does Reid really keep order?

He said he just gives you this look, and you're stone cold frozen. It seems to line up.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:46 PM 01-25-2023
Mahomes had a little bit of a limp going down the stairs (anyone wish he had some kind of a ramp instead?) But man that is WAY better of a walk off than I thought he’d be at this point in the week. This is likely without the shots and with a few days of time to get considerably better. Feeling really good about this right now.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:48 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Wow. That's a side of big red i never thought existed. Insults the guy's weight. Ignores him. Tells the camera man to keep walking cause this guy's not that important. What happened between these two?
Outside of all the stuff said above, he also said some really nasty things about Reid and his son after his death on local radio.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:48 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Kelce said that Reid runs a super tight ship. I asked kinda what that meant - how does Reid really keep order?

He said he just gives you this look, and you're stone cold frozen. It seems to line up.
That segment on his podcast had me rolling. I knew Reid was tough behind the surface. But man that made it feel like the dude is terrifying when you don’t do what you’re supposed to. Travis played it mostly cool but Jason seemed terrified of the man. Should dispel any idea some people have that the guy is friendly therefore he’s soft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Petro started his show today still pushing the bullshit possibility that Mahomes would be inactive Sunday.

This was even AFTER Mahomes’ press conference and his full participation in practice.
The only way he doesn't play is if he has a broken leg. And if he has a broken leg, they wouldn't have had him out there jogging in practice.

he's playing. Of COURSE he's playing. And he's playing the whole game unless that ankle absolutely explodes on him. People talk about the time that Ronnie Lott had a finger amputated so he could get back in the game after halftime in a playoff game. Fellas, if Patrick Mahomes was told that amputating his !@#$ing foot would make him more capable of playing in this game, he'd amputate the goddamn foot.

He's not missing this game.

Because he's a lunatic and an alien.

Man I'm glad he's our lunatic alien...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:50 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Petro is very concerned with being smarter than everyone, and always being right.

But, he is infinitely better than that hack Bob Fescoe.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Petro is attempting to be serious though.

I’m convinced that Fescoe is actually playing a caricature of a dumb sports talk radio host. Like he’s pretending to be the over the top worst version of that role, so in a way it’s actually genius because it’s subtle enough that it could be legit.

Or he’s just a moron. Can’t tell which.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:51 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The only way he doesn't play is if he has a broken leg. And if he has a broken leg, they wouldn't have had him out there jogging in practice.

he's playing. Of COURSE he's playing. And he's playing the whole game unless that ankle absolutely explodes on him. People talk about the time that Ronnie Lott had a finger amputated so he could get back in the game after halftime in a playoff game. Fellas, if Patrick Mahomes was told that amputating his !@#$ing foot would make him more capable of playing in this game, he'd amputate the goddamn foot.

Mr January!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:51 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Mahomes could always amputate 1/3 of Chris Jones’s cock to replace his lower leg. Of course, it might look weird when his calf is wider than his thigh.
[Reply]
DJay23 09:53 PM 01-25-2023
I feel like this is a thing where he'll get constant treatment to get it as right as possible by Sunday. But when the bullets fly, and he's trying to escape sacks, or gets knocked down, or trips, or tries to push it full speed, or even something nefarious from Cincy it gets reinjured.

That's the part I'm nervous for. It all looks promising right now in very controlled pictures and videos. What's it going to look like when they can't hide the limp. How much different will it be than when first injured last Saturday?
[Reply]
Page 59 of 80
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up