ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 256
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:26 PM 01-23-2024
In the reddit thread on Sharp's grade school analysis, there are similar comments to these tweets and a few comments about the possibility of regressing to the mean... and a couple of Chiefs fan comments 'hoping he regresses to the mean next season' and 'one questionable call against the Chiefs and I'm yelling at the TV, "fuck, he's regressing to the mean!" :-)

Originally Posted by suzzer99:

[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:26 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I’m an ignorant fuck who only watches Chiefs football and no other teams.. I only started watching football when the Chiefs got good.. I have no clue who the ravens players are and how really good they are..

Fucking morons..
This is my favorite:

“Spagnulo charged [sic] his style of defense and copied a lot of what Mike Macdonald has done here and at Michigan.”

Absolute favorite. The guy with multiple SB rings who as a DC prevented the first perfect season since ‘73 has copied a second year DC. Priceless.

I know you ignorant morons are reading this. Please be sure to defend that take on your forum.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:31 PM 01-23-2024
Since I know the Ravens fans are reading this

Originally Posted by :
Do they even know who Zay Flowers is???

yes, geniuses, he trained with Mahomes in Texas before you ever heard of him. We absolutely would have drafted him if he fell to us.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:40 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Baltimore is a very strong team in all 3 phases of the game with very strong coaches. It will require the Chiefs’ best performance of the season to win. I don’t believe they can afford a lost fumble on the opponent’s goal line.
I'm waiting for the KR/PR return game to make positive game tilting plays. It's what finally did in the Eagles.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:41 PM 01-23-2024
7 nation army fucking sucks. I'll keep saying it since you morons are spying on this thread
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:43 PM 01-23-2024
A running back playing QB is going to beat the greatest QB in NFL history and one of the greatest defensive minds in playoff NFL history and one of the greatest coaches in NFL history :-)

And no Lamar didn't "improve" this year. Homer trashes.

Always bet on the team with the better QB, HC, and defense in big games like this. KC has all THREE.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:45 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...onfident-Bunch
Litrully xero inteluktual ensite at CP :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:46 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
A running back playing QB is going to beat the greatest QB in NFL history and one of the greatest defensive minds in playoff NFL history and one of the greatest coaches in NFL history :-)

And no Lamar didn't "improve" this year. Homer trashes.

Always bet on the team with the better QB, HC, and defense in big games like this. KC has all THREE.
And then we get two weeks to prepare for Goff or a team we fucking own.

We're doing it.

Dynasty.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:48 PM 01-23-2024
Honestly, it boils down to something very simple.

The Ravens were without question the better team this year. More consistently dominant throughout the season, and they earned a lot of those flowers.

The hope for Chiefs fans rests on the fact that we have the best player in the league and experience. We've been in these wars before. We've fought the hot teams no one wants to play and vanquished them (Colts '18, Titans '19, Bills '21, Bengals '22). We've battled the teams with far better rosters (Niners '19, Eagles '22) and come out on top. We've had wars in the postseason that best resemble Balboa/Drago.

If you want to believe your eyes from the regular season, this game won't be close and the Ravens will run away with it. Easily. Not even close.

But if you want to appreciate this team's DNA and how it's played the last couple weeks and if you want to be mindful of the fact that this team has found ways to turn it out when it matters for multiple years in a row, then the Chiefs have every bit of a chance in this game.

The Chiefs fans have a history of watching this team overachieve in this situation. The Ravens fans want to believe that this current season's iteration thus far is the only thing that really matters.

Time will tell. I still think the Ravens win this game 60% of the time, but I wouldn't bet against Mahomes. A lot of people picked against the Chiefs last SB, were wrong, vowed to never bet against this team again, and have now spent the last 2 weeks picking against them again.

Fuck around and find out, perhaps.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:50 PM 01-23-2024
This is a less talented team than the Eagles team we beat in the Superbowl and the Chiefs offense is finally cooking to normal standards...only this year we have the best defense in football. Uh oh...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:51 PM 01-23-2024
Lamar is also "soft"
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:53 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is my favorite:

“Spagnulo charged [sic] his style of defense and copied a lot of what Mike Macdonald has done here and at Michigan.”

Absolute favorite. The guy with multiple SB rings who as a DC prevented the first perfect season since ‘73 has copied a second year DC. Priceless.

I know you ignorant morons are reading this. Please be sure to defend that take on your forum.

That one is particularly hilarious. Who doesn’t watch anybody but their own team again?

Spagnuolo has been using multiple, complex coverages and fake looks, with disguised, rolling coverages and a big nickel featuring a star S at nickelback for HOW long now?

I think we have a lot of respect here for the Ravens.

We just don’t believe Lamar Jackson has suddenly morphed into a new level as a passer. He has better weapons and a better passing scheme. He still has some of the same flaws as a thrower of the football he always has. It’s just harder to put him in those situations because the team is better.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:56 PM 01-23-2024
Same QB...new system. Spags will crack it
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:00 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
This is a less talented team than the Eagles team we beat in the Superbowl and the Chiefs offense is finally cooking to normal standards...only this year we have the best defense in football. Uh oh...
Boom. This.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:03 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Honestly, it boils down to something very simple.

The Ravens were without question the better team this year. More consistently dominant throughout the season, and they earned a lot of those flowers.

The hope for Chiefs fans rests on the fact that we have the best player in the league and experience. We've been in these wars before. We've fought the hot teams no one wants to play and vanquished them (Colts '18, Titans '19, Bills '21, Bengals '22). We've battled the teams with far better rosters (Niners '19, Eagles '22) and come out on top. We've had wars in the postseason that best resemble Balboa/Drago.

If you want to believe your eyes from the regular season, this game won't be close and the Ravens will run away with it. Easily. Not even close.

But if you want to appreciate this team's DNA and how it's played the last couple weeks and if you want to be mindful of the fact that this team has found ways to turn it out when it matters for multiple years in a row, then the Chiefs have every bit of a chance in this game.

The Chiefs fans have a history of watching this team overachieve in this situation. The Ravens fans want to believe that this current season's iteration thus far is the only thing that really matters.

Time will tell. I still think the Ravens win this game 60% of the time, but I wouldn't bet against Mahomes. A lot of people picked against the Chiefs last SB, were wrong, vowed to never bet against this team again, and have now spent the last 2 weeks picking against them again.

Fuck around and find out, perhaps.
They play the games for a reason, that's for sure. Ravens didn't exactly look like world beaters in their home stadium against the Rams recently. Packers not only won but absolutely dominated the Cowboys in their home stadium, a place where Dallas was absolutely killing everyone they played this season.

I respect the Ravens. They're a high quality team and will be very difficult to beat. KC will need to play their A+ quality performance to win the game. But I don't believe they should forfeit the game ahead of time, which is the narrative that gets pushed way too often in the media. Let's play the game and see how it goes. I think KC will give Baltimore a much tougher game than Houston did, but we shall see how it goes.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 256
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up