ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 72
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The race for the #1 seed in the AFC
BossChief 03:21 PM 11-06-2022
With Buffalo losing to NY today, if we beat Tennessee tonight we will be tied for 1st place in the AFC but Buffalo owns the head to head tiebreaker.

It’s going to be interesting to see the energy KC comes out with tonight.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:33 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you have played a lot of bad teams

that's why we didn't respect you
The numbers i posted pretty much show you can say that about all 3 teams.

You can't really decide who you play and when you play them. Just gotta win em.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:32 AM 12-29-2022
just explaining your ranking to you....that's why...you played bad teams and bad QBs, and that is why your ranking is lower than the mighty kansas city chiefs
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12-29-2022, 01:43 AM
This message has been deleted by Hammock Parties.
New World Order 02:47 AM 12-29-2022
just explaining your ranking to you....that's why...you played bad teams and bad QBs, and that is why your ranking is lower than the mighty kansas city chiefs
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:26 AM 12-29-2022
bookmark this post:

karma is paying us back due to the dee ford play. it's just not allowed to be obvious :-)
[Reply]
iwamas 07:08 AM 12-29-2022
hypothetical question: I Know everyone is rightfully rooting for the Bengals to beat the Bills. But in the very highly unlikely situation that the Chiefs lose this week. how many would still be rooting for the Bengals or would you all be cheering the Bills to win?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:47 AM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by iwamas:
hypothetical question: I Know everyone is rightfully rooting for the Bengals to beat the Bills. But in the very highly unlikely situation that the Chiefs lose this week. how many would still be rooting for the Bengals or would you all be cheering the Bills to win?
I'd be rooting for the Bills.

A Chiefs' loss vs Denver + a Bengals win over Buffalo makes it far more likely that we're a 3 seed facing the Chargers in the WC round (unless the Bengals slip up against the Ravens and then the Bengals could even be a lowly WC team).

I'd much rather face a likely Jets/Patriots/Dolphins team as the 2 seed.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:11 AM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Beating Buffalo is the only thing that will put them on the same level.

wtf? You been drinkin'?

SoS
Bengals .498
Bills .502
Chiefs .471

SoV
Bengals .473
Bills .478
Chiefs .436
That doesn’t tell us that much. The Eagles’ SOS is decent too (based on win-loss records), but they have 1 decently impressive win all year.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:47 AM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
It's Super Bowl or bust for the Bengals. With their talent, plus coming so close last year to winning, anything besides a SB victory is a disappointment.

It will be a dogfight every season between Mahomes/Allen/Burrow. Only one can advance each year to the SB; plus you still have to win that game. The last two champions came from the NFC. These guys will take many championships away from one another.

One other thing, but why aren't the Broncos in the bottom row on that graph?
I can see that, but it’s really going to come down to how well the Bills stay together once Allen’s contract really kicks in. Also with the Bengals it will be interesting to see if they can sustain this level of success once Burrow gets paid and they have to make decisions on who to keep and who they let walk. Right now I could see Burrow getting a market setting contract as well as Chase.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:07 PM 12-29-2022

[Reply]
MahomesIsTheMVP 02:13 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Ravens ain't shit if Lamar isn't playing.
Yeah they could easily end up the seventh seed.
[Reply]
MahomesIsTheMVP 02:16 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by iwamas:
We are all assuming the Chiefs beat the Broncos and the Raiders. Of course if the Chiefs lose than having the Bengal’s lose would be better for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:39 PM 12-29-2022
nice gif but you did play a lot of bad QBs and the ranking reflects that
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:45 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
That doesn’t tell us that much. The Eagles’ SOS is decent too (based on win-loss records), but they have 1 decently impressive win all year.
SoS, SoV, DVOA, EPA. It doesn't matter. Bengals are there on any metric with the top teams in the league.

I don't see a murders row for the Chiefs or Bills either. You play who they put in front of you and you either win them or you don't.

Bengals, Chiefs and Bills all played a first place schedules. Eagles played a 2nd place schedule.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 03:02 PM 12-29-2022
nice gif but you did play a lot of bad QBs and the ranking reflects that
What do you mean by "ranking" and why did you go from respect to ranking?
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:12 PM 12-29-2022
SoS, SoV, DVOA, EPA. It doesn't matter. Bengals are there on any metric with the top teams in the league.

I don't see a murders row for the Chiefs or Bills either. You play who they put in front of you and you either win them or you don't.

Bengals, Chiefs and Bills all played a first place schedules. Eagles played a 2nd place schedule.
'First place schedule' is just 3 games... and for those 3 teams, it's playing each other and the Titans (minus whichever division they're playing), and the '17th game' against an NFC team (the Bucs for KC).

Sadly, besides the top 3 AFC teams playing each other, there just isn't a great metric (I believe DVOA is the most reliable of those)... most years I'd say playing the bottom ~28 isn't really indicative of anything at all in Jan/Feb. This year it might be the bottom 29 until the NFC teams can prove themselves in the playoffs(SB) against better competition than... well, the NFC.

Doesn't mean there's a huge gap between the Chiefs/Bills/Bengals and everyone else, upsets happen, surprise teams emerge, yadda yadda... but yeah, the Bengals have proven they belong just as much as anyone +/- a game, and the playoff experience from last season is a big deal.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 72
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Up