ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 256
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:19 PM 01-23-2024
Embedding the whole thread since apparently twatter is off limits to non users now.

The spread is roughly designed to be beat by both teams 50:50. So let's assume the home beats the spread 50% of the time and refs do not affect this (the reasonable null hypothesis)

Now, let's have 19 refs officiate 46 games, all of which are the home team covers 50:50...

— Timo Riske (@PFF_Moo) January 23, 2024

In 26% of simulations, the second-lowest ref happens to have a home team record ATS of 17-29 or worse. In other words, our reality is entirely consistent with the idea that refs don't impact the home team's result differently.

What about the penalties?

There is an auto-correlation here. If a team loses ATS, it did worse than expected. There could be a lot of reasons for this, including comitting too many penalties...

Another way of phrasing it: Diving into the data, one could find refs who

- "favor the team from the larger city"
- "favor the team further North"
- "favor the team with younger players"
- "favor the team closer to the city they live in"
- "favor [use any 50:50 split you want]"

Over a 49 game stretch, using these numbers, what's the likelihood that a ref calls "only" 46 false starts or fewer?

It's 17.8%...

Even without pointing to the mentioned auto-correlation or the fact that he is one of 19, that isn't crazy at all.

What's the likelihood that one of 19 refs calls 62+ home false starts and 46- road false starts over 49 games?

That would be ~38%. Even more plausible than the 17-29 ATS record we observed.

Given the auto-correlation, it's not a surprise to see both happen to the same ref.

One more thing: This a very smart tweet re: Why did the NFL assign that game to Smith in particular?https://t.co/kCXxVhBGPC

(There is also the thing that playoff refs are distinct so far. 10 different refs have officiated the 10 playoff games. There are not that many refs left. And when the NFL decided to not give Smith an earlier playoff game, they had no idea the Chiefs would even make it that far)

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:21 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Odd. Surely he's not so dumb as to get into legal trouble in the middle of the playoffs.

I'll assume BS unless we see more.
Surely Britt Reid wouldn’t be dumb enough to drink and drive two days before flying to the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:21 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Agreed. Brady is uncatchable. The 2 losses to him in the Playoffs hurt. But he’s a very lucky guy. Dee Ford and the Overtime rule that no longer exists, plus the Chiefs OL being wiped out in the 2nd game helped make a difference in these matchups.
No doubt Brady was gifted 4 SBs by Dee Ford, Shanahan, Carroll and our back up offensive line. And Shanahan still didn't learn his lesson from the SB loss with the Falcons doing the exact same thing against us in SB 54. He stopped running the ball when he should have continued. Had he continued running, no way we win that SB. Just saying. But no, with a 20-6 lead with 6:37 to go he starts passing????????????

The main one I want to see is Ring #3, which will shut up Troy Aikman once and for all. Talking shit about a 22 year old kid in his first season. “Let me know when he gets 3 rings.” Screw Aikman.
AMEN!!
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:23 PM 01-23-2024
LOL, that seems like a lot of work to tell Warren Sharp he's a quack.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:32 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Heh... Somebody please show Lamar this thread on the Chiefs message board.
https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...-message-board

...I dunno, maybe scoring 13 on the wonderlic and not being able to put together sentences and calling plays off his wrist like he's in college :-)
I don't think Lamar will struggle because he's dumb. I think he'll struggle because we've played him 4 times, and in those games his stats are:

Passing:
68-121 (56%)
750 yards
4 TDs
2 INTs (1 pick 6)
78.9 QB rating

Rushing:
303 rush yards on 47 attempts (6.4 avg)
3 TDs

It's not like that's awful, but compare that to Mahomes:

Passing:
117-163 (72%)
1479 yards
12 TDs
2 INTs
119.1 QB rating

Rushing:
35 rush yards on 11 attempts (3.2 avg)
0 TDs

Obviously Lamar is a better runner (though Patrick has a knack for running in key situations in the playoffs). But I'm just not all that scared about his ~263 yard average against us vs. Patrick's ~379 yard average against them. Maybe he'll be better this year - we'll see.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:33 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
No doubt Brady was gifted 4 SBs by Dee Ford, Shanahan, Carroll and our back up offensive line.
You can add a 5th ring with the Tuck Rule, which did not exist before 1999 and did not exist after 2013. He is the only great QB in history to benefit from this bullshit rule. That play was a damn fumble by Brady and should have ended the game. Lucky as hell to get a ring out of that situation.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:33 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by RavensMania:
keep reading these stats if it makes you feel good, but make sure you come to a Ravens board on Monday ... purpleflock.com and post the stat line of Sundays game.
We’re not the mouth breathing dumb fuck on opposing fan’s message board. Your team is gonna take a hard L, and it’s gonna be a rough couple weeks following it. But it suggest filling your time with eating fuck pie, queer! Now run and tell that, mother Flocker!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:33 PM 01-23-2024
No matter what Andy is planning, the OL has to be very physical. If they can kick ass, everything becomes a lot easier on the offensive side of the ball. I want to see a very effective run game with Pacheco, which can help slow down the Ravens pass rush and potentially open up some play action chances as well. It all starts with the OL. They have to play great. They cannot shit the bed here or Andy's plans will go to hell in a hurry, lol
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It's gonna come down to the OL on both teams. Whoever pass protects better will likely win.
It always comes down to the "trench play" especially when 2 great teams meet.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:37 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Surely Britt Reid wouldn’t be dumb enough to drink and drive two days before flying to the Super Bowl.
I totally get your point that dumb people do dumb things at the wrong time. But even IF Britt had never done this we still lose that SB with a back up offensive line. Yes, it did not help matters but, just saying.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:38 PM 01-23-2024
The more content I consume, the more I don’t even know why the Chiefs would show up Sunday. No need to board any planes. They don’t stand a chance against Lamar Jackson and the Ravens.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:41 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't think Lamar will struggle because he's dumb. I think he'll struggle because we've played him 4 times, and in those games his stats are:

Obviously Lamar is a better runner (though Patrick has a knack for running in key situations in the playoffs). But I'm just not all that scared about his ~263 yard average against us vs. Patrick's ~379 yard average against them. Maybe he'll be better this year - we'll see.
Their argument is "he's different this year!" ...and then you see he's at 261 yards/game for the regular season (slightly lower the Texans game).
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:43 PM 01-23-2024

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:44 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The more content I consume, the more I don’t even know why the Chiefs would show up Sunday. No need to board any planes. They don’t stand a chance against Lamar Jackson and the Ravens.
Ravens board has entire thread talking about how this thread is overly confident while they make comments like "wonder how they'll feel when we're up 2 scores," and generally acting like they're an unstoppable force.

Hell, I wouldn't even say this thread is all that confident (not nearly as much as the Bills thread), we're just feeling really damn good about the Chiefs after Sunday night.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:45 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It is the same thing every time. They should not have bothered showing up in Buffalo last week with the supposedly unbeatable home field advantage. KC shouldn't have bothered showing up in the Super Bowl against the loaded rosters of the Niners & Eagles. Might as well not even play the games, lol
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:45 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...onfident-Bunch
Reeks of compression socks over there:

Originally Posted by :
:-)' fans think they're waltzing into Baltimore's kitchen to barbecue the Crows -

When they might just be stumbling into a grease fire.
Ok grandma, lets get you to bed
[Reply]
Page 57 of 256
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up