ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 256
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Baltimore (AFC Championship)
SHOWTIME 08:41 PM 01-21-2024
Headed back to the AFC Championship Game!!!! Discuss.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:30 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Agreed. Brady is uncatchable. The 2 losses to him in the Playoffs hurt. But he’s a very lucky guy. Dee Ford and the Overtime rule that no longer exists, plus the Chiefs OL being wiped out in the 2nd game helped make a difference in these matchups.

I would love to see 4 rings for Mahomes & Andy. If they get there, he is clear cut the #2 guy in the GOAT list. He never had shutdown defenses helping him like Montana or Bradshaw or Brady or Aikman. The salary cap has made his job much tougher than it was for Bradshaw, Montana, and Aikman. He is gonna end up way above Montana/Bradshaw/Aikman in Playoff wins even if he does not catch them in ring totals. Patrick is only 3 wins short of tying Montana for 2nd All-Time in Playoff wins, which is insane for a 28 year old kid. And nobody can accuse him of being carried by his defense to Playoff wins, like the washed up Peyton Manning in 2015.

The main one I want to see is Ring #3, which will shut up Troy Aikman once and for all. Talking shit about a 22 year old kid in his first season. “Let me know when he gets 3 rings.” Screw Aikman.
That was f***** up. Terry Bradshaw talked mad shit on him before his first SB too.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:33 PM 01-23-2024
Well, I did just see the stat that Mahomes has 66% of the playoff EPA Brady posted in 33% of the games.

Mahomes = 207.27 EPA in 16 playoff games
Brady = 329.68 EPA in 48 playoff games

So maybe he doesn’t need all that luck. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:35 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Also, after 5 straight AFC Championship games before this year, the Chiefs really got complacent during the regular season. Folks are bringing up the records against winning teams. That's fine, but every game we played this year was in a premium media time slot and teams played against us like it was their Superbowl. We just can't get up every week like that. 5 of our 6 losses were by one score or less and self inflicted mistakes were usually the reason for the L. Our one loss by more than one score was to Denver, when it was really their Superbowl to the extreme, and Mahomes couldn't even participate in meetings or practices Friday on with the flu, and we had unexplicable 4 turnovers. We are playoff focused now, and if we don't make mistakes, it's going to be a tall task for Baltimore. If we make mistakes, we will most likely lose because Baltimore is very well coached. My goal is to be close or up in the 3rd Quarter and the pressure will build immensely on the Ravens.
Definitely some complacency, and I think they were also trying to fit square pegs into round holes for much of the season, for one reason or another.... put Skyy and Toney out there to give them ample time to prove themselves, but to also save Rice for the playoffs. Give CEH a good amount of snaps for a couple months. I think they were more or less trying to force things for Mahomes in that regard and not just playing ball.

It was one long preseason and not many games you could point at to say, damn, they really wanted that one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:37 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm sure I could come close to what Wright would say...
  • Playoff Mahomes vs playoff Lamar
  • 6th AFCCG in a row
  • Chiefs have been playing playoff games 3 of the past 4 weeks, Ravens took a couple weeks off and scrimmaged with the Texans last week
  • Chiefs just took out Josh Allen and logged their first road playoff victory while being pelted with snowballs, so no questions this week about being on the road
  • All the pressure is on the Ravens; not just for some damn respect and to get that monkey off their back of beating a worthy playoff opponent, but if they can't win with THIS team, in a year where they only have to face one of Mahomes/Allen/Burrow, and Stroud won't always be a rookie on an otherwise 4-win team.... when will they ever win one?
It was simpler than all that.

"We have Patrick Mahomes - they don't have Tom Brady..."

That was pretty much the extent of it. He threw in some stuff about their point differential coming against poor quarterbacks but it ain't like we exactly faced a murderers row in the 2nd half as we were puking on our shoes...
[Reply]
DRM08 04:45 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Well, I did just see the stat that Mahomes has 66% of the playoff EPA Brady posted in 33% of the games.

Mahomes = 207.27 EPA in 16 playoff games
Brady = 329.68 EPA in 48 playoff games

So maybe he doesn’t need all that luck. :-)
There are a number of stats with Patrick that are absolutely remarkable. You just provided one. The comeback stats while trailing by 7-10 points are unbelievable too. He's the only guy in history to have a winning record while trailing by 10+ points. As great as he was, Brady lost 60% of the time in that situation. Montana was similar to Brady. And this one is pretty staggering as well:

Playoff Record when Trailing by 7+ points

Mahomes 8-2 (80% win rate)
Brady 10-11 (48% win rate)
Montana 4-6 (40% win rate)
P. Manning 3-9 (25% win rate)

Patrick's sample size of 10 games is similar to Montana & Peyton, yet Patrick is absolutely smoking both of them. Montana was known as a super clutch dude with incredible comeback ability. He also had stronger defenses (historically great defenses) backing him with no salary cap to blow up the team.
[Reply]
O.city 04:57 PM 01-23-2024
The Ravens just got so hot coming down the stretch, kicking the shit out of good teams.

The Chiefs just shit down the stretch....

I was a bit shocked it opened at -3.5 but it quickly went the other way down to -3. I'd guess most of the sharps aren't in yet, so it may get back to -3.5
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:58 PM 01-23-2024
Andy’s been at his best with superior game plans vs supposedly great defensive teams the Chiefs have faced in the postseason in recent years.

Super Bowl vs the 49ers and Eagles… scored 31 points and 38 points respectively.

Buffalo in the Divisional Round two years ago… 42 points scored.

Andy is going to have a plan to protect Mahomes vs the Ravens pass rush.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:59 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Andy’s been at his best with superior game plans vs supposedly great defensive teams the Chiefs have faced in the postseason in recent years.

Super Bowl vs the 49ers and Eagles… scored 31 points and 38 points respectively.

No matter what Andy is planning, the OL has to be very physical. If they can kick ass, everything becomes a lot easier on the offensive side of the ball. I want to see a very effective run game with Pacheco, which can help slow down the Ravens pass rush and potentially open up some play action chances as well. It all starts with the OL. They have to play great. They cannot shit the bed here or Andy's plans will go to hell in a hurry, lol
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:02 PM 01-23-2024

If Andy sees this game as the SB (with the NFC being the lesser conference), I could see him rolling out a big boy gameplan for it. Treating it like he has the SB in years past when he's willing to let everything fly.

The thing that makes me a little - just a little - nervous, is that Andy has an affinity for his former coaches. He seems to really respect Harbaugh. I know it's stupid and weird, but I really hope he doesn't try to play it tighter and 'more respectful' against a coach he has respect for.

Bloodless savage Andy is a whole lot of fun. And if he brings that gameplan to Baltimore, they're gonna have their hands full.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:02 PM 01-23-2024

Mahomes has not been sacked or thrown an INT in his last 3 playoff games.

It's gonna come down to the OL on both teams. Whoever pass protects better will likely win.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:08 PM 01-23-2024

Rashee went straight to trolling bills fans im crying���� pic.twitter.com/KVxcyw2Siq

— ���������� (@quote_icy) January 23, 2024

[Reply]
wazu 05:10 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If Andy sees this game as the SB (with the NFC being the lesser conference), I could see him rolling out a big boy gameplan for it. Treating it like he has the SB in years past when he's willing to let everything fly.

The thing that makes me a little - just a little - nervous, is that Andy has an affinity for his former coaches. He seems to really respect Harbaugh. I know it's stupid and weird, but I really hope he doesn't try to play it tighter and 'more respectful' against a coach he has respect for.

Bloodless savage Andy is a whole lot of fun. And if he brings that gameplan to Baltimore, they're gonna have their hands full.
Is there any track record or numbers to support that Andy has ever "let up" against a coach out of respect? I assume he respected Belichick, but he unleashed plenty of killer gameplans against a great Patriots team. Would think he had a reasonable amount of respect for Kyle Shanahan but seems like we usually surprise with how well we play against the 49ers.

Thought about Arians, but we absolutely waxxed them in the regular season, and the Super Bowl was marred by the Britt Reid stuff so I wouldn't think respect had anything to do with that one.
[Reply]
philfree 05:13 PM 01-23-2024
Apparently we're supposed to fear the "Flock" according to the little cutie Ravens reporter girl on NFLN.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:14 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Is there any track record or numbers to support that Andy has ever "let up" against a coach out of respect? I assume he respected Belichick, but he unleashed plenty of killer gameplans against a great Patriots team. Would think he had a reasonable amount of respect for Kyle Shanahan but seems like we usually surprise with how well we play against the 49ers.

Thought about Arians, but we absolutely waxxed them in the regular season, and the Super Bowl was marred by the Britt Reid stuff so I wouldn't think respect had anything to do with that one.
I think it's more an issue of him going for the throat on teams he truly dislikes.

Josh McDaniels was an easy example. That guy had no chill against McDaniels going back to his Denver days.

There's regular Andy and then there's "Y'know, I just don't !@#$ing like that guy" Andy. And I think we've all made note of the latter in the past.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:18 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He mentioned they had everything loaded up in the plan ready to go last week and didn't end up using all of it.

Suspect they'll do the same and use what they need, even if that means emptying the whole clip.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 256
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up