ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 540 of 726
« First < 40440490530536537538539540 541542543544550590640 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
Bambi 04:25 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by frazod:
How nice that you support your MISSOURI teams.
yep, that's how it works.

Everyone in NEW York City is a fan of the Buffalo Bills :-)

Everytime I think you're smart you disappoint me.

Dumb ass
[Reply]
Pants 04:25 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Actually, those teams are in Raytown, MO.
Yeap, the Raytown Chiefs and the Raytown Royals. Who hasn't heard of them?
[Reply]
Bambi 04:26 PM 12-06-2011
How does that make me hypocritical? Canada sucks compared to the US, but there are some really nice parts of Canada, and it wouldn't suck living in Canada as long as you live in one of the nice parts with easy access to everything the US has to offer.

Trust me, if you weren't allowed to travel outside your state of residence, I wouldn't live in Kansas.
That sounds pretty hollow to me.

GTFO is all I have to say to you.
[Reply]
Bambi 04:26 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
Yeap, the Raytown Chiefs and the Raytown Royals. Who hasn't heard of them?
:-)

You can't be a fan of the team because you don't live in the county!
[Reply]
Frazod 04:30 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Wickedson:
yep, that's how it works.

Everyone in NEW York City is a fan of the Buffalo Bills :-)

Everytime I think you're smart you disappoint me.

Dumb ass
Kansas City isn't New York, you stupid fuck. Do you think they'd put anything in New Jersey if there was still any room left?

Simple facts. The Chiefs are a Missouri team. The Royals are a Missouri team. Just like the Cardinals and the Rams. And the Tigers. All Missouri teams. Stadiums are Missouri, principal fan bases are in Missouri. Not shit wasteland states that don't rate MLB and NFL teams.

Simple enough even for a window-licking retard like you to understand.
[Reply]
Bambi 04:32 PM 12-06-2011
Kansas City isn't New York, you stupid ****. Do you think they'd put anything in New Jersey if there was still any room left?

Simple facts. The Chiefs are a Missouri team. The Royals are a Missouri team. Just like the Cardinals and the Rams. And the Tigers. All Missouri teams. Stadiums are Missouri, principal fan bases are in Missouri. Not shit wasteland states that don't rate MLB and NFL teams.

Simple enough even for a window-licking retard like you to understand.
Give up loser.

You already made yourself look like a pathetic pussy last week.

You're getting off to a great start once again.

buh-bye bitch
[Reply]
Saul Good 04:32 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
So Missouri has no nice enough parts for you to live in? Or are you saying Kansas has the better "nice parts"? I don't understand your logic.
If you don't understand that a small subset of a large set may not share all of the general attributes of the large set, then don't bother trying to figure out the logic.

Kansas is a flat state. Colorado is not. Yet there are parts of Kansas that are at higher elevations than some parts of Colorado.

If someone doesn't like mountains, it doesn't mean that he would be better off living on Mount Sunflower instead of in Wray, CO just because, as a whole, Colorado is more mountainous than Kansas.
[Reply]
eazyb81 04:33 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
My reaction to reading that article earlier today was one of absolute excitement for my city. Your reactions were to laugh and gloat about being right over other message board posters.

**** you guys.
God you are such a fucking little baby.
[Reply]
Buck 04:33 PM 12-06-2011
While the rest of you are bitching about god knows what, I'm here to bitch about SDSU's move to the Big East.

It's football only. It's an increase of $2 million in TV revenue, and it's not until 2013. Coincidentally, 2013 is the year that a lot of people are estimating will be the last year of the Big East's AQ status in the BCS.

Being football only, the rest of the schools programs can't move to the Big East (not that they probably wanted to anyway). The Mountain West already set precedent by kicking BYU's sports programs out of the conference once BYU Football went independent. So now, the rest of our programs are going to move to the Big West, which consists of teams like Long Beach State, UC Santa Barbara, Cal State Fullerton, UC Davis, UC Riverside, etc.

This is horrible for our basketball program. We've started getting commits from 4 and 5 star recruits, but I'm pretty sure you can throw those out the window now.

It sucks.
[Reply]
Buck 12-06-2011, 04:33 PM
This message has been deleted by Buck.
Frazod 04:34 PM 12-06-2011
Give up loser.

You already made yourself look like a pathetic pussy last week.

You're getting off to a great start once again.

buh-bye bitch
You mean the part where I played your bitch ass like a grand piano and laughed while doing it? :-)
[Reply]
Pants 04:34 PM 12-06-2011
If you don't understand that a small subset of a large set may not share all of the general attributes of the large set, then don't bother trying to figure out the logic.

Kansas is a flat state. Colorado is not. Yet there are parts of Kansas that are at higher elevations than some parts of Colorado.

If someone doesn't like mountains, it doesn't mean that he would be better off living on Mount Sunflower instead of in Wray, CO just because, as a whole, Colorado is more mountainous than Kansas.
So you're saying that the best Kansas has to offer is better than the best Missouri has to offer?
[Reply]
Saul Good 04:34 PM 12-06-2011
That sounds pretty hollow to me.

GTFO is all I have to say to you.
Wait, you live in a shitty apartment near NYC, right? Who is the hypocrite?
[Reply]
Bambi 04:35 PM 12-06-2011
You mean the part where I played your bitch ass like a grand piano and laughed while doing it? :-)
The only people laughing were doing so at you.
[Reply]
Bambi 04:36 PM 12-06-2011
Wait, you live in a shitty apartment near NYC, right? Who is the hypocrite?
I love New York. I don't talk like it's some wasteland.

How are you not grasping your contradiction?
[Reply]
Reaper16 04:37 PM 12-06-2011
Maybe he wasn't worried that the doomsday scenarios were going to come to pass.

When the clock struck midnight on January 1st, 2000, my reaction was to laugh at the Y2K chicken little types. It wasn't to squeal with glee because the world didn't fly off its axis.
This isn't a binary. Not everyone that was worried about the economic impact to KC was on some Keitzman-level cartoon meltdown. Losing the tourney was a legitimate concern.

As to your analogy: I don't rep the world. I rep Kansas City.
[Reply]
Page 540 of 726
« First < 40440490530536537538539540 541542543544550590640 > Last »
Up