ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 532 of 4911
« First < 32432482522528529530531532 53353453553654258263210321532 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:52 AM 09-12-2016
The Chiefs have a pretty putrid defense.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:56 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
See last sentence of previous post
Everyone shall be paddled accordingly.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:08 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I dont know what to make of it...Raiders gave up almost 450 passing. KC looked like someone drugged them for 2 1/2 quarters..and Denver was beaten up in the first half and needed a missed FG.

All three have warts...KC's comeback was the biggest in franchise history...so they won week 1.

Smith threw for 360/3TDs.
I don't know that either really 'bested' the other... if I had to pick one, I'd go with OAK since they were on the road. That was a solid effort and going for the win, rather than the tie late - ballsy.

Denver and KC were both trailing @ their respective homes, one team needed to hold off a late rally with a missed FG and the other needed OT. Panthers > Chargers, but both home teams won late and needed some things to go their way (ie - Chargers losing Allen, etc).

But, I'd definitely give the hat tip to OAK for having the more impressive win from the division in week 1.

It was a fun week 1.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:11 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I don't know that either really 'bested' the other... if I had to pick one, I'd go with OAK since they were on the road. That was a solid effort and going for the win, rather than the tie late - ballsy.

Denver and KC were both trailing @ their respective homes, one team needed to hold off a late rally with a missed FG and the other needed OT. Panthers > Chargers, but both home teams won late and needed some things to go their way (ie - Chargers losing Allen, etc).

But, I'd definitely give the hat tip to OAK for having the more impressive win from the division in week 1.

It was a fun week 1.

You're too nice
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:22 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
You're too nice
Just saying - every win can be nitpicked to death, few teams look amazing on all fronts in week 1. But, the AFCW looked good in week 1, warts and all.

And, overall, it was an interesting day watching all the new QBs.

Wentz, Garoppolo, Hill, Prescott, Siemien... and then guys like Osweiler, Mariota, Winston - strong showings from the younger/less experienced guys. If you're a QB guy, then week 1 was fun overall.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:21 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by :
Center: Matt Paradis, Denver Broncos, 89.6

One of the most monstrous performances we have seen from a center, Paradis had a perfect game in pass protection for Denver against a tough Carolina front, and was also dominant in the run game.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...m_campaign=nfl

:-)
[Reply]
vailpass 10:25 AM 09-12-2016
After Week 1 it's clear that the pecking order in the AFCW hasn't changed and will remain status quo until someone can prove otherwise. Carolina would have destroyed OAK, SD, or KC this weekend.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:32 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
After Week 1 it's clear that the pecking order in the AFCW hasn't changed and will remain status quo until someone can prove otherwise. Carolina would have destroyed OAK, SD, or KC this weekend.
They were beating Denver soundly until the 4th quarter when you came back and won. Same story with KC/OAK.

1 week is too early to tell. Give it a month.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:44 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
@AdamSchefter second opinion makes concern for labral tear or maybe stress fracture. Will be interested to see how this plays out.

Sounds like he's going to miss some time....
From Dr. Chao, who was 94% accurate last year at predicting injuries just by looking at the video of the player getting hurt.

Originally Posted by :
Does a second opinion mean trouble? Not really. Getting someone other than the team doctor to evaluate a player is a mantra the NFLPA tells every agent to always do. In almost two decades in the NFL, I witnessed the second opinion rates skyrocket, even for routine injuries. It is not something that I discouraged as a team physician as transparency was important.

In this case, there are several additional reasons that Broncos fans can relax. First, Thomas injured the hip in the first quarter and finished the game. Next, he is not technically seeking another examination of his hip, rather just sending his MRI out for review.

A true second opinion would involve Thomas visiting with another doctor. That does not seem to be the case here. If the player/agent were worried, Thomas himself would have headed somewhere
, especially with the extra time having played on Thursday.

Some still worry that the MRI would not be sent unless there was an issue. In my experience, over 50% of the time, agents would routinely request sending the MRI to a “players” doctor regardless of findings.

By video, the early game internal rotation injury did not seem significant. Thomas finished the game with four catches for 48 yards.

In any case, no surgeon operates solely based reviewing a MRI. If there was worry about a hip labral tear, the second opinion doctor would have wanted to see the player.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...nions-routine/

Seems like DT should be alright :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 AM 09-12-2016
If it worked like this, the Broncos wouldn't have won a SB after the way they looked week 17 against the Chargers. I don't think any of the other teams in the playoffs looked that bad the last week of the RS. The only thing that matters is the Chiefs/Raiders/Broncos are 1-0.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:45 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They were beating Denver soundly until the 4th quarter when you came back and won. Same story with KC/OAK.

1 week is too early to tell. Give it a month.
We turned the ball over three times in the redzone, had that not happened Denver would've blown Carolina out.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:46 AM 09-12-2016
once AGAIN, the donx have the first 5 of 8 at home.

Chiefs have first 5 of 8 on the road.

:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:54 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
We turned the ball over three times in the redzone, had that not happened Denver would've blown Carolina out.
And if Graham Gano doesn't miss a chip shot FG you lose.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:56 AM 09-12-2016
Both the Raiders and Chiefs beat you in your stadium last year...KC was 5-1 in the AFCW. So you are correct..head to head KC is still superior. It look a late game comeback for Denver to beat SD in week 17...
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:01 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
And if Graham Gano doesn't miss a chip shot FG you lose.
It was a 50 yard field goal, that's not a chip shot :-)

Gano is 14-25 (56%) from 50+ yards in his career.
[Reply]
Page 532 of 4911
« First < 32432482522528529530531532 53353453553654258263210321532 > Last »
Up