ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 195
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:42 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
After striking out on signing JuJu and any other free agent WR last offseason, he was supposed to have a bigger impact than sitting on the Practice Squad last season... yes?
If you thought that then you're ignorant of the recent track record regarding Reid + Dorsey/Veach and developing WRs.

It takes a year for a rookie to get Reid's offense.

If they ever do.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:42 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You should log off and spend some time researching the difference between landing with a lottery selection and expecting to land a surefire starter. You clearly can't tell the difference or points that people are making and it's embarrassing.

Eh. Thinking too hard on this.

He wanted to be the highest paid WR and has a right to be paid like so. The Chiefs didn't want to do it. Nothing more or less to it.
Forget "surefire starter"... how about expecting Cornell Powell to make the active roster at some point last season? :-)

That was too much to ask?

The Chiefs were so desperate at WR last season they signed Josh Gordon, and yet Cornell Powell couldn't find his way off the Practice Squad?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:43 PM 03-23-2022
Does Andy Reid know about this ?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 01:43 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
His contract saddled the Chiefs with the highest cap hit of any WR in the league for 2022 and is a big reason why he was traded.

This idea that he did the Chiefs a huge favor with his last contract is a ****ing myth. The only thing the Chiefs got with his last contract was the precise thing that happened today - him leaving because he wanted to break the bank.
Not saying he did the Chiefs a favor, was saying because of his name in the news for the wrong reasons around last contract time, he got less than he could have. Mahomes got him paid, he won't have near the success in Miami, he wanted the cash like most NFL players do and could care less if he wins or loses as long as he gets paid
[Reply]
stumppy 01:43 PM 03-23-2022
What does that have to do with the Chiefs failing to upgrade their WR position last offseason and now having faith that they can get it right this offseason when the stakes are much higher without Tyreek?

And if you think that the struggles of the Chiefs non-Tyreek WR's didn't impact the second half collapse in the AFC Championship Game then you weren't watching the game.

DRob in OT anyone?
It's not like they needed to rebuild the OLine last year or anything.

JFC Do you even football?
[Reply]
In58men 01:44 PM 03-23-2022
What did KC offer Hill? Anyone with that has a legit source….
[Reply]
R8RFAN 01:44 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
What did KC offer Hill? How has a legit source?
Clay may be able to dig something up for you :-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We need to rewind to last year when we asked Tyreek to restructure his salary into a bonus and he declined because “I need to do what’s best for my family snd that’s not in my best interest”.

It’s possible he wanted out at that point or knew it was going to be his last year in KC.
Yep.

Hill is all about money and himself. He's a scumbag to do this to the organization that has done so much for him, especially Reid

Then again he did beat up his pregnant girlfriend. So, I'm not that surprised by this.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
His contract saddled the Chiefs with the highest cap hit of any WR in the league for 2022 and is a big reason why he was traded.

This idea that he did the Chiefs a huge favor with his last contract is a ****ing myth. The only thing the Chiefs got with his last contract was the precise thing that happened today - him leaving because he wanted to break the bank.
I didnt follow his contract...but did Veach structure it in a specific way, counting on Hill to play ball in order to move money around when needed?

When he didn't restructure ...he became too expensive?

I find it hard to believe that keeping Tyreek wasn't prioritized...so this trade in on him.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
If you thought that then you're ignorant of the recent track record regarding Reid + Dorsey/Veach and developing WRs.

It takes a year for a rookie to get Reid's offense.

If they ever do.
100% agree... which is why I have doubts of the likelihood that the Chiefs are going to successfully replace Tyreek via the draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Juju's contract is insanely cheap this year but that money counts against the cap next year. Now we're less in need of that immediate cap relief. We didn't win by getting JuJu on a 1yr 10.75mm deal. We would've won had we gotten him on a 3-year deal with that AAV.
This actually isn't true. It's a 1-year deal. There's no cap hit next year at all.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...chuster-21804/
[Reply]
staylor26 01:46 PM 03-23-2022
100% agree... which is why I have doubts about the likelihood that the Chiefs are going to successfully replace Tyreek via the draft.
There’s a huge difference between taking him in the 5th and taking a 1st/2nd round WR in a very good class.

Come on man. Use some common sense here.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:47 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
This is just so depressing.

There's virtually zero chance we're getting a player as good as Hill with any of those picks.

True.

But it won't prevent them from fielding a good team, winning the AFCW and competing in the playoffs.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:47 PM 03-23-2022
Chiefs now have the most cap space

We have the cap space now. ��. Never thought I would see this in 2022. Wow pic.twitter.com/WAoSEoKvw9

— Dustin Dale (@DustinDale83) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
-King- 01:47 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He kind of had some off the field shit going on at that time. I’m not for bashing Hill but it’s not like the Chiefs have fucked him over at any point in his career so far.
And he's not fucking the chiefs over by taking the best deal possible after taking a team friendly deal last time. He's a top 2 WR. He wanted to get paid like one and now he is.

We all expected to pay him like a top WR but now it's fuck him for doing so? If he was innocent of what he accused of like all you guys believe, why should he keep taking discounts just because the chiefs "stood by him"?
[Reply]
Page 53 of 195
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153 > Last »
Up