ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 146
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:01 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
When was the last time the NFC had a truly dominant quarterback? In the AFC, for years it was the eternal three-headed monster of Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger reaching the heights. Now it's Mahomes, with Burrow and Allen playing also rans.

In the NFC, it's been a revolving door of flashes in the pan. Rodgers has been around forever and amassed a good deal of stats and personal glory, but at the end of the day, much like Favre before him, was one and done in Green Bay. Same with Brees in New Orleans. Wilson crapped out quickly in Seattle. Stafford won't be hoisting another Lombardi in L.A. Brady was one and done in Tampa. Warner went one out of three with two teams. Amazingly, Eli Manning is the only NFC quarterback to win two Super Bowls since the 90s but outside of being Brady's kryptonite he was an anomaly at best. And Dak Prescott? Please. He hasn't even made it to the pan to be a flash.

Perhaps Hurts will break the cycle, but obviously the jury's still out on that one. You really have to go back to Aikman or Montana to find anybody with staying power.
Aaron Rodgers won back-to-back MVPs the last two years. And Brady had two great seasons in Tampa. If you're talking about young QBs, that's a good question.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:11 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Packers, Lions, and Cowboys all dropped 30+ on that D.
We will too, hobbled and all.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:21 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Washington did too..

They literally didn't trail in the in the second half of a game until week 10, they trailed to the Colts for an entire game and won at the end.

The Eagles have basically got to play their game all year, there's a lot of things they haven't even had to go to. They never got behind by 14 points and had to air it out.

Right now though they are hiding Hurts, he's running far less than he did early in the year, dude threw for 270 yards in 2 playoff games combined.
And they have averaged nearly 35 points per game in the Playoffs. That's pretty damn impressive when the QB isn't doing very much. Strong OL, strong run game, strong defense goes a long way.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:46 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
And they have averaged nearly 35 points per game in the Playoffs. That's pretty damn impressive when the QB isn't doing very much. Strong OL, strong run game, strong defense goes a long way.
Playing a bad team and a team without a QB helps.
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:50 PM 02-01-2023
Chiefs run defense is excellent. Ranked 8th best in the league at the conclusion of the season. One thing Bolton and Gay thrive in is stopping the run. So the Eagles strength in running the ball plays to our strength in stopping it. Chiefs D Line ranked 2nd in sacks so their ability to pressure the QB is noticably better than what the Niners showed.
Cornerbacks are a wash. Bradberry's pff grade is 74.1 compared to Sneed's 76.8. Slay grades at 73.1 compared to McDuffie at 73.6. Watson and Jobe are equal. Maddox has a gap of 10.5 points compared to Williams.
Safeties we have the advantage. Gardner-Johnson grades at 65.2 as opposed to Reid who grades at 73.2. Blankenship 75.8 compared to Thornhill 67.1. Wallace 58.4 compared to Cook 64.3.

Chiefs were able to shut down for much of the game a healthy and elite Cincy offense. I see no reason why they wouldn't do the same to a lesser offense like the Eagles with a hobbled qb.
Eagles D Line will be a challenge against our O Line but with McKinnon being used as a blocker and Andy incorporating a three tight end formation and giving the run game more emphasis, it would make the load more managable.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:16 PM 02-01-2023
Hardman pretty much confirmed he’ll play. I think Sneed will too with the 2 weeks to recover.

Juju was also moving around a lot after the game.

We did not hold practice today, the below injury report is an estimation.

Willie Gay and Trey Smith were limited. Mecole Hardman, JuJu Smith-Schuster, L'Jarius Sneed, and Kadarius Toney did not practice.

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) February 1, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 04:17 PM 02-01-2023
Kelce back must be better.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:23 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Chiefs were able to shut down for much of the game a healthy and elite Cincy offense. I see no reason why they wouldn't do the same to a lesser offense like the Eagles with a hobbled qb.
That was not a healthy Bengals offense. Their OL was wiped out with injury, similar to KC in the Super Bowl against Tampa. Cincy also lost a pretty good #3 receiver in Boyd early in the game.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:25 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hardman pretty much confirmed he’ll play. I think Sneed will too with the 2 weeks to recover.

Juju was also moving around a lot after the game.

So happy we have 2 weeks.

If we're healthy we're not losing
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:28 PM 02-01-2023
Really sucks about Toney. So freakin talented, can't stay healthy. Seems like a good kid, feel bad for the guy.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:30 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Really sucks about Toney. So freakin talented, can't stay healthy. Seems like a good kid, feel bad for the guy.
Because it's an ankle and not a muscle I think there's a good chance he'll be ok.
[Reply]
O.city 04:33 PM 02-01-2023
I mean what is it? Did he just turn his ankle?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:33 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
That was not a healthy Bengals offense. Their OL was wiped out with injury, similar to KC in the Super Bowl against Tampa. Cincy also lost a pretty good #3 receiver in Boyd early in the game.
Burrow Chase Mixon Higgins 100 percent as opposed to the top 3 KC WRs out, Pat on 1 leg, and Kelce with a back injury. Sneed oit Gay out...ya they were healthy comparatively.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:34 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean what is it? Did he just turn his ankle?
Yea looked like a mild ankle sprain. I think he'll play.
[Reply]
O.city 04:34 PM 02-01-2023
Mixon isn't good anymore.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 146
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Up