ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 104
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Bengals (AFC Championship Rd)
RunKC 04:45 PM 01-22-2023
Welp this game has been on everyone’s minds since the start of the season.

Let’s get some revenge goddamnit!
[Reply]
Mecca 01:23 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Sure seems it.

Just goes to show it's not the size of the fight in the dog, because he's probably the most impressive QB specimen in the league right now.
Nah Joe Burrow just yells about how he's him while throwing to a guy that's wide open like that's special.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:29 PM 01-25-2023
So I think the keys to this game:

1. Whatever the Chiefs do, they have to start hot on offense. I'm talking minimum 10 points on their first two possession. The Bengals come out firing every time against teams and it puts the team on their back heels. Spags, for all of his game planning, is going to have his D carved up for the first quarter. Score early, put 10-14 on the board, keep the pressure on them rather than give them breathing room to try out defensive looks for shits and giggles to see what sticks.

2. The team cannot allow themselves to get carved up in the run game. If the Bengals can run effectively and put Burrow in 2nd and 2 situations time and time again, they may not punt.

3. I'm more in favor of DL keeping their gap integrity and getting hands up. The Chiefs lead the league in batted passes, Burrow leads the league in having his passes batted down. Sacks are great, pressures are very good, but the part that can screw with Burrow is batting his passes.

4. Don't let Hubbard get going. I've already accepted that Hendrickson will give Orlando Brown fits, but whomever Wylie is going up against, help him. If Mahomes only has to manage one edge rusher, he will be fine -- ask the Raiders. Having to navigate two of them harassing him off the edge is not fine -- ask the Chargers.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:42 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Right. They're manufacturing it, though.

There's nothing to have a chip on their shoulder about. The overwhelming favorite for most of the country going into Sunday's game, they just blew out the Bills, they're on like a 10-game winning streak, they've beat the Chiefs 3 times in a row and on and on and on.

It's completely fake and contrived. Anybody with half a brain can see right through it.
Yeah. They had good reason to be pissed off heading into that Buffalo game. It should have been a neutral site game instead of Buffalo’s stadium. For some bizarre reason Vegas was labeling them as 5-6 point underdogs as well. Made no sense based on what we saw of those 2 teams right before Damar’s medical emergency.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:47 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Would love them not playing. Our DL really needs to create a playoff performance.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:49 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yeah. They had good reason to be pissed off heading into that Buffalo game. It should have been a neutral site game instead of Buffalo’s stadium. For some bizarre reason Vegas was labeling them as 5-6 point underdogs as well. Made no sense based on what we saw of those 2 teams right before Damar’s medical emergency.
I thought Cincinnati was a better team than Buffalo but the oline injuries made me think Buffalo could do some things.

I was shocked at how poorly they played.

Then again, Buffalo had been eliminated by KC scoring 38 and 42 the last 2 years so....

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:52 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Would love them not playing. Our DL really needs to create a playoff performance.
It's looking like this game may be the epitome of the "call the ambulance... but not for me!" meme.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:54 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I thought Cincinnati was a better team than Buffalo but the oline injuries made me think Buffalo could do some things.

I was shocked at how poorly they played.

Then again, Buffalo had been eliminated by KC scoring 38 and 42 the last 2 years so....

:-)
The McDermott & Frazier defense is pretty overrated. It looks like the Buffalo fanbase has finally accepted that reality after watching Mahomes & Burrow torch the Bills defense in 3 straight playoff games. If Von Miller stayed healthy, maybe that would have helped offset some of their defensive struggles.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:10 PM 01-25-2023
Clark, Karlaftis, and co better do some fucking work.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:17 PM 01-25-2023
KC is going to win this
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 02:18 PM 01-25-2023
Would Burrow have the same numbers without Tee Higgens and Jamar Chase? I’ve yet to see that narrative from the sports talking heads, yet even after winning a Super Bowl it was implied Pat’s early success was because he had Tyreek, Kelce and Hardman.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:21 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Would Burrow have the same numbers without Tee Higgens and Jamar Chase? I’ve yet to see that narrative from the sports talking heads, yet even after winning a Super Bowl it was implied Pat’s early success was because he had Tyreek, Kelce and Hardman.
I've definitely noticed some hypocrisy from fans and the media in regards to this.

Burrow's a great QB, and looked like he was on his way to being one as a rookie without Chase, but they clearly don't keep that same energy with him.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:23 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
KC is going to win this
Remember when you said that Brandon Beane was better than Veach?

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
O.city 02:28 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Remember when you said that Brandon Beane was better than Veach?

:-) :-) :-)
Remember when you said dumb stuff and I called you out on it? I remember.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:29 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's looking like this game may be the epitome of the "call the ambulance... but not for me!" meme.
Literally was thinking that this morning
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:31 PM 01-25-2023

[Reply]
Page 52 of 104
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102 > Last »
Up