ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 86
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:44 PM 09-30-2021
Thinking back about that game, I think that was the game in which i decided to stop drinking for Chiefs games. I realized that i just don't want to be all charged up and drunk-emotional anymore.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:44 PM 09-30-2021
:-)

still can't believe any of you were invested in a team led by alice smiff

we win there, so what? they were doomed
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:45 PM 09-30-2021
Completely agree that QB makes a big difference for the WR.

BUT...

2018 -2019 Tom Brady throwing to Josh Gordon, 11 games, 58.8 (4 drops) and 6 games, 55.6 % (2 drops)

My point is, I know Josh Gordon can help the Chiefs but he also has a weakness that the Chiefs need to be aware of. Make Josh Gordon a weapon that other teams have to account for but in crunch time, Kelce and Hill will have a higher percentage of catches.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:50 PM 09-30-2021
Watched that game with my Colts fan family in Terre Haute. Pretty sure I was just laughing when Luck recovered his own fumble. At that point you knew. Poor Husain Abdullah did his best but that fucking bundle of sticks Kendrick Lewis ruined it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:50 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Completely agree that QB makes a big difference for the WR.

BUT...

2018 -2019 Tom Brady throwing to Josh Gordon, 11 games, 58.8 (4 drops) and 6 games, 55.6 % (2 drops)

My point is, I know Josh Gordon can help the Chiefs but he also has a weakness that the Chiefs need to be aware of. Make Josh Gordon a weapon that other teams have to account for but in crunch time, Kelce and Hill will have a higher percentage of catches.
4 drops in 11 games is a weakenss?
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:52 PM 09-30-2021
Clay had some highlight videos of Bowe years ago.

Ya'll who are badmouthing Bowe right now would be jizzing your pants if that same receiver were on the Chiefs right now. Watch just one of them and see what happens to you.

Big, athletic guy who was among the NFL's best at the WR position in terms of running after the catch and bowling over weak arm-tackling DBs (and even some LBs)?

Yeah. Ya'll would be the Randy Marsh meme.

Bowe was a really fun player and would absolutely have filled a need we're missing right now on offense.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:57 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

still can't believe any of you were invested in a team led by alice smiff

we win there, so what? they were doomed
Coming out of the shadow of the previous 8 years? Are you serious?

Hindsight being what it is, yeah, but at the time? I was having the time of my life getting back in touch with my Chiefs fandom.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:57 PM 09-30-2021
Prime Bowe? Absolutely. The fat lazy cunt he eventually turned out to be? Probably one of the most hated players on this team. We got super lucky that he was dumb enough to drive around with pot so we could void his guarantees and cut him after giving him that monster extension.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:02 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Ya'll who are badmouthing Bowe right now would be jizzing your pants if that same receiver were on the Chiefs right now. Watch just one of them and see what happens to you.
should reupload them....too bad i'll never be able to find holthus commentary for those games
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:03 PM 09-30-2021
I sincerely hope that this Josh Gordon experiment makes Andy and Varch realize the usefulness of a freak size athlete and pursue them. Imagine Tyreek with a prime Gordon.. JIMP.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:04 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
4 drops in 11 games is a weakness?
Not sure exactly how drops are tracked. I assume it is a pass in the hands that flat out falls out of hands. In 2018 Josh had 68 targets, 40 catches with Brady throwing to him. In 2019 he had 36 targets and 20 catches from Tom.

I'm not saying that Josh Gordon is a bad signing but just expect some passes to be missed.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:05 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They saw this bullshit and knew they needed a change. This was really bad

That first pass at the end of the game isnt a catch that many receivers make. He could only get one hand on the ball and would have been destroyed by the safety, but would have gotten a defenseless receiver penalty probably.

The second one he should have 100% caught.

At least he's able to get open.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:06 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I couldn’t imagine seeing it in person. I probably would have killed myself in that stadium.
I stood in the parking lot literally lighting cigarettes with cigarettes until our buddy and his dad who were on the other side of the stadium made their way around to us. I didn't even smoke at the time!

His dad hasn't watched a Chiefs game since. Guy was a 15 year ST holder and it just destroyed him.

I haven't missed a home playoff game since 2004 (also the Colts).
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:06 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Big, athletic guy who was among the NFL's best at the WR position in terms of running after the catch and bowling over weak arm-tackling DBs (and even some LBs)?

Yeah. Ya'll would be the Randy Marsh meme.

Bowe was a really fun player and would absolutely have filled a need we're missing right now on offense.
Bowe was a fucking beast and was hampered by shit stain QBs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:08 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That first pass at the end of the game isnt a catch that many receivers make. He could only get one hand on the ball and would have been destroyed by the safety
He had both hands on that ball. A starting receiver in the NFL hauls that in.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 86
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up