ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 57
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mass shooting on Las Vegas Strip
Buck 01:00 AM 10-02-2017
Automatic Gunfire from Mandalay Bay onto an outdoor concert. A lot of injured/dead.
[Reply]
redfan 07:00 AM 10-06-2017
:-)TFW you realize people like penbook vote.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:39 AM 10-06-2017
Sounds like that security guard showing up at his door early may have prevented the shooter from escaping and killing more people. http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/06/us/las...ion/index.html

Originally Posted by :
In addition to the 23 weapons in his hotel suite, Paddock had more than 50 pounds of exploding targets and 1,600 rounds of ammunition in his car in the hotel parking lot, police said, fueling suspicion that he intended to survive the massacre.

"He was doing everything possible to see how he could escape," Las Vegas Police Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said Thursday, declining to detail specifics.

Escape, in this case, might have meant using the equipment in the car for further assaults until he got caught, said John Sheahan, a former Las Vegas SWAT team member.

"There's one of three ways it's going to end for an active shooter, and they pretty much all know this. You're either going to commit suicide; you're going to ... shoot it out with (police) and you're going to be killed; or you're going to continue on a preplanned rampage at locations b, c, d and e until the police finally stop you," Sheahan said.

[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:44 PM 10-06-2017
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Sounds like that security guard showing up at his door early may have prevented the shooter from escaping and killing more people. http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/06/us/las...ion/index.html
I don't have all the info, but not really sure how that leads them to think he planned to escape. Maybe he was range shooting and didn't want to carry it inside?
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:47 PM 10-06-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I don't have all the info, but not really sure how that leads them to think he planned to escape. Maybe he was range shooting and didn't want to carry it inside?
Yeah, I'd like to hear more details that lead people to believe he planned to escape. 23 guns in a hotel room seems to indicate a blaze of glory.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:52 PM 10-06-2017
But more guns and explosives in the car could also indicate continuing the rampage elsewhere.

He may have thought he could shoot for 15 minutes, then get down a stairwell or something and to his car. As we saw it took a while for the cops to get there. He could always blend into others fleeing the hotel. Just dress normal and don't look like a Jihadist. Once he knew the security guard was outside his door that makes fleeing a lot harder. Apparently the security guard wasn't even armed, but he probably didn't know that.

I dunno - if the Vegas sheriff thinks it's a possibility that's good enough for me.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:55 PM 10-06-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yeah, I'd like to hear more details that lead people to believe he planned to escape. 23 guns in a hotel room seems to indicate a blaze of glory.
There is stuff they are holding back. They said they haven't released the stuff on his note left in the room because it's political in nature
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:56 PM 10-06-2017
Do you have a link for that? I read the note just had a bunch of numbers on it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:59 PM 10-06-2017
But more guns and explosives in the car could also indicate continuing the rampage elsewhere.

He may have thought he could shoot for 15 minutes, then get down a stairwell or something and to his car. As we saw it took a while for the cops to get there. He could always blend into others fleeing the hotel. Just dress normal and don't look like a Jihadist.

I dunno - if the Vegas sheriff thinks it's a possibility that's good enough for me.
That link lists exploding targets and ammo in the car, not guns. So unless he had some stashed in another location, or planned on escaping with one or more the weapons, that seems a bit like a reach on that info alone. I'm not saying it's not possible, but why bring all your weapons up to the room for a 15 minute shootout and run?
[Reply]
O.city 01:00 PM 10-06-2017
I saw that as well

Weird
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:06 PM 10-06-2017
Pulled this from post #676 in this thread

http://ijr.com/2017/10/991054-ex-int...egas-shooting/
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:42 PM 10-06-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
There is stuff they are holding back. They said they haven't released the stuff on his note left in the room because it's political in nature
His profession of loyalty to ISIS?
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:52 PM 10-06-2017
Well, hey have said it wasn't a suicide note. If that's the case, it more than likely contained a motive.

As I've said before, I'm very interested in what that note had to say. I wouldn't be shocked by anything in terms of a motive at this point.

Just such a strange, tragic situation.
[Reply]
O.city 05:52 PM 10-06-2017
I read the note had just numbers on it
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:31 PM 10-06-2017
Pulled this from post #676 in this thread

http://ijr.com/2017/10/991054-ex-int...egas-shooting/
Ok nothing official though. We'll see if anything comes of this.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:25 PM 10-08-2017
Great 60 Minutes piece on the (random) cops who came together to form the team that breached the door on the 32nd floor.

They didn't interview the security guard who discovered the room that held the he shooter, but did give his name.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 57
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Up