ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 139
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Kiimo 06:49 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
Toney isn't a guy we're trading for to fill an immediate this year necessarily. This is a guy Reid thinks he can take under his wing and mentor, and if it works out his talent level is a steal for a 3rd rounder. If it doesn't, it was a calculated risk.
Chiefs are 5-2, have the best offense in the league and Mahomes in on his way to another MVP.

I could give a shit if this works out or not it wasn't even our real 3rd rounder and it costs nothing. It's a ten dollar bet with a hundred thousand dollar payout and fairly good chances.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:52 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
It is absolutely positively cringe-inducing when middle age white dudes complain about players "loving the game".

Who cares how much he "loves the game" if he produces. Suburban Dad wants players to maximize every yard at the cost of everything else in their life. If you aren't Michael Jordan what's the point of even having God given talent???
I mean, it's a conversation worth having when it comes to him because his lack of passion thus far has directly correlated with his lack of production so far in the NFL.
[Reply]
DenverChief 06:57 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Charvarious, Thakarius, L’Jarius, Kadarius

I think Brettarius V’each has a type.
Dick Muscle GIFfrom Dick GIFs

[Reply]
DenverChief 06:58 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
It’s a quote from noted lexicographer Jamaal Charles
Yeah I’m being punchy and no one is picking up on my sarcasm

:-)
[Reply]
DenverChief 10-27-2022, 06:59 PM
This message has been deleted by DenverChief. Reason: Dup
HC_Chief 07:00 PM 10-27-2022
Low cost trade for high potential.

Could be a culture issue, rather than "injury-prone" (prior to this season NYG were trash, and early on they barely played the dude).

Upside, low cost, little exchanged for potential huge gains (I like the Deebo comparisons as opposed to Reek... ain't NOBODY Reek but Reek). Smart move. I like it, Bart Vatch. Your smart and stuff.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:11 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I mean, it's a conversation worth having when it comes to him because his lack of passion thus far has directly correlated with his lack of production so far in the NFL.
If the guy were fucking pristine, we wouldn't be getting a 2021 first round pick who has flashed in meaningful ways for the draft capital we gave up.

What conversation is there to be had? Do you know anything about him in particular that's actually been sourced? We all know this is a calculated risk based on character unknowns. I'm sure they've done some due diligence via Kafka and feel like it's manageable.

Sometimes people just don't work in a certain environment but thrive in others. The dude had Joe Judge designign his touches for his first year in the NFL. The same Joe Judge who decided running a QB sneak on 3rd and 9 was optimal policy.

Maybe that soured him on the entire organization. Maybe it didn't. Maybe he was tired of Daniel Jones as his QB. Maybe he'll excel in more cohensive locker room.

Not sure there's any conversation worth having other than the fact that Andy Reid is gonna have a lot of fun with this guy. He doesn't have the straight line speed of Hardman but his quick twich ability in space - which is what he's gonna have - is going to be electric.

We just got a new shiny new amazing toy for Christmas and some of y'all are looking at the price tag and seeing that it's been built in Bangladesh and want to return it. You don't deserve nice things. Only Josh Gordons and Kelvin Benjamins.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:15 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If the guy were fucking pristine, we wouldn't be getting a 2021 first round pick who has flashed in meaningful ways for the draft capital we gave up.

What conversation is there to be had? Do you know anything about him in particular that's actually been sourced? We all know this is a calculated risk based on character unknowns. I'm sure they've done some due diligence via Kafka and feel like it's manageable.

Sometimes people just don't work in a certain environment but thrive in others. The dude had Joe Judge designign his touches for his first year in the NFL. The same Joe Judge who decided running a QB sneak on 3rd and 9 was optimal policy.

Maybe that soured him on the entire organization. Maybe it didn't. Maybe he was tired of Daniel Jones as his QB. Maybe he'll excel in more cohensive locker room.

Not sure there's any conversation worth having other than the fact that Andy Reid is gonna have a lot of fun with this guy. He doesn't have the straight line speed of Hardman but his quick twich ability in space - which is what he's gonna have - is going to be electric.

We just got a new shiny new amazing toy for Christmas and some of y'all are looking at the price tag and seeing that it's been built in Bangladesh and want to return it. You don't deserve nice things. Only Josh Gordons and Kelvin Benjamins.
:-) Why y'all pretending like these issues just happened in the Giants organization? They've been very well documented going all the way back to his time in Florida.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:16 PM 10-27-2022
Reid has a good track record with reclamation projects. Even the biggest of these knuckleheads know that if you get a rep for not being able to play for Andy, you’re not going to play for anybody.

We gave up almost nothing. Low risk, high reward.

WBF
[Reply]
Mecca 07:18 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
It’s pretty black and white. He has a new coach who is doing a great job with the talent he has. A team that has a better record than the chiefs and a poor WR group where the kid could stand out if he tried. Despite that he apparently has given such little effort his new coach viewed him as a distraction worthy of a middling trade. That’s not a guy who loves football.
That coach is a Patriot way douche, not stunned at all he can't work with Toney.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:18 PM 10-27-2022
:-) Why y'all pretending like these issues just happened in the Giants organization? They've been very well documented going all the way back to his time in Florida.
What issues are those that indicates he doesn't have love for the game of football?

I'm aware of his gun and fake gun incidents.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:22 PM 10-27-2022

Kadarius Toney earlier this year after game vs Titans:

"If I played two plays, one play and we won – I don’t really care nothing about no getting… like okay. You want a dollar?"

via @SNYGiants pic.twitter.com/IbppQuUuW4

— NFL on CBS �� (@NFLonCBS) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Easy 6 07:23 PM 10-27-2022
Its always a plus to give 15 more weapons, load him up I always say... but ughhh, we also need help elsewhere Bart
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:30 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
What issues are those that indicates he doesn't have love for the game of football?

I'm aware of his gun and fake gun incidents.
:-) We really need to go over it again? He wants to be a rapper. It's been noted and documented from back in his college days. He's pretty comfortable coming out and saying it as well. “Don’t kome over here kommenting on my music, and it ain’t got in to do with you! I been rappin almost 3 years now. You late! Football aint goin nowhere. Ima live my life however i want. Watever is said…i don’t kare!” Toney tweeted. “On god, football is some i do…it don’t make me who I am.”

Hell, he came out and said he didn't even watch football outside of required film study until a couple years ago. I just don't think the dude cares all that much about it outside of the fact he's naturally gifted at some aspects of it.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:35 PM 10-27-2022
As someone that lives around Giants fans, the idea that they are all thrilled with losing Toney is ridiculous.

We all watched the Patriots get players to straighten themselves out when they joined them. We have that power now. Yeah he has flags. That's why his talent is available for purchase and it would be foolish of us to not take advantage of the Mahomes effect.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:36 PM 10-27-2022
:-) We really need to go over it again? He wants to be a rapper. It's been noted and documented from back in his college days. He's pretty comfortable coming out and saying it as well. “Don’t kome over here kommenting on my music, and it ain’t got in to do with you! I been rappin almost 3 years now. You late! Football aint goin nowhere. Ima live my life however i want. Watever is said…i don’t kare!” Toney tweeted. “On god, football is some i do…it don’t make me who I am.”

Hell, he came out and said he didn't even watch football outside of required film study until a couple years ago. I just don't think the dude cares all that much about it outside of the fact he's naturally gifted at some aspects of it.
So he wants to be a rapper? That disqualifies him from loving the game?

And before he was ever paid to be a professional athlete, he only watched film when it was required?

He was a 20yr old ultra-athletic WR. Are you sure every successful college wideout is going out his way to put in tons of extra time watching film?

Chase opted out of the covid year entirely. I guess he clearly doesn't love the game either, right?
[Reply]
Page 50 of 139
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Up