ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 104
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buffalo Bills
TLO 09:16 PM 01-16-2022
We're on to Buffalo
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:41 AM 01-19-2022
42-28, good guys in RED and GOLD move on to the AFCCG :-)
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:42 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're looking at the Bills roster and thinking "damn, they have stars all over the field" and yes, they do.

But NFL history is littered with talented players that just didn't have "it". The Hall also has more than a few guys in it that weren't particularly physically gifted but were so clutch they couldn't be denied.

I will go as far to say Josh Allen is more physically talented that Patrick Mahomes, especially at his size. What he doesn't have is the ability to will himself to a win when the chips are down. That's why Mahomes is so good - not because he's athletically gifted alone but because his mind is bigger than the game. I don't think you can say that about Josh Allen with any degree of certainty.
I can appreciate that, no question.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I usually go by eye test more than pure stats.

The Bills are absolutely built to beat this Chiefs team. I think we're all deluding ourselves if we doubt that.

I still don't know if that's enough to actually pull it off, but they've got the best chance of anybody in the AFC.
I agree that the Bills are probably the toughest matchup left.

That being said, I just think the Chiefs have the edge and pretty significant one at that if the game is close.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 01-19-2022

The Bills are absolutely built to beat this Chiefs team. I think we're all deluding ourselves if we doubt that.

I still don't know if that's enough to actually pull it off, but they've got the best chance of anybody in the AFC.
The Bills most certainly can beat us. They proved it in Week 5. What they haven’t proven is if they can do it when it matters. The Chiefs team from Week 5 is no where near the same team that’s playing now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:45 AM 01-19-2022
When's the last time the Bills won a close game on the road against "somebody their own size," rather than the hapless Jets.
The last time the Bills beat a division winner on the road, in a one-score game, was....the 2017 Chiefs.

Sean McDermott is terrible on the road in close games against elite teams.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 10:46 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It all boils down to the fact that the Bills jump on teams. Josh Allen is fine, even great, when they have a lead and they're pushing to score more.

When they're behind or things go badly, it tends to snowball.

That doesn't happen with Mahomes. Things can go badly, like against the Steelers - and he can bounce back and turn it back on.

Josh Allen really hasn't EVER done that. He's pounced on many teams but he's never really performed in the clutch.
I would throw into this the additional fact that this game is being played in Arrowhead. I wonder what Allen's splits look like in road vs home games. Furthermore, this is the playoffs. The crowd will be big, loud, and partisan.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:49 AM 01-19-2022

Of course the Bills are built to beat the Chiefs. But that wasn't what you were pondering. You asked which was more equipped for a 60 minute dogfight. The eye test and the stat to back it up says the answer is unquestionably the Chiefs.

And that doesn't even account for the core of hardend playoff veterans who've been in a few of these dogfights for a few years now. Experience is on the Chiefs side as well.

Could the Bills jump out to an early lead and never take their foot off the gas and bounce KC? Sure. But in tight one, I don't like of their chances.
[Reply]
hebert19 10:50 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Emotional letdown game for the Bills. NE game was their SB
Greetings again folks from a Bills Fan.

I'd say no to this one. Maybe if this was last year but we have handled the Pats for 2 years in a row other than the wind game so that was just a culmination of that.

You guys on other hand are our superbowl. There will be no let down.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:51 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by hebert19:
you had your super bowl already

you don't get two in one year
[Reply]
hebert19 10:52 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The last time the Bills beat a division winner on the road, in a one-score game, was....the 2017 Chiefs.

Sean McDermott is terrible on the road in close games against elite teams.
Agree. But he's learning that he doesn't play to not lose now...he is starting to play to win.

If I were you guys I'd expect us to go for 4th down more than usual...he's adjusting to how the Oline has been playing and is confident in getting a few yards.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 01-19-2022
And for the Chiefs, the Bills are just another team on the road to the ultimate goal.

If what you're saying is true, all the pressure is on Buffalo.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 AM 01-19-2022
If I were you guys I'd expect us to go for 4th down more than usual...
That didn't work out well for Herbert. :-)
[Reply]
hebert19 10:54 AM 01-19-2022

This is where I am. Again. As in the past you won't get any bravado on her from me. Chiefs are a great team and playing well. Bills are a great team and playing well.

This will come down to red zone execution and to be frank who has the most balls down there. If the Bills kick field goals again we will lose.

Should be a fun game
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:56 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I would throw into this the additional fact that this game is being played in Arrowhead. I wonder what Allen's splits look like in road vs home games. Furthermore, this is the playoffs. The crowd will be big, loud, and partisan.
Home - 201 of 336 for 2,048 yards, 17 TDs and 7 INTs. 85.5 rating
Away - 208 of 310 for 2,359 yards, 19 TDs and 8 INTs. 99.4 rating

Home schedule - Steelers, Football Team, Texans, Dolphins, Colts, Patriots, Panthers, Falcons and Jets. 6-3 at home.

Away schedule - Dolphins, Chiefs, Titans, Jags, Jets, Saints, Bucs and Pats. 5-3 away.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:57 AM 01-19-2022
This is where I am. Again. As in the past you won't get any bravado on her from me. Chiefs are a great team and playing well. Bills are a great team and playing well.

This will come down to red zone execution and to be frank who has the most balls down there. If the Bills kick field goals again we will lose.

Should be a fun game
I don't suspect the Bills will be kicking any FGs outside of maybe 4th and long situations (8+).

Andy also needs to avoid punting from midfield on 4th and short. He's been doing it with fair frequency of late. I'm not a damn the torpedoes guy - sometimes flipping the field is worthwhile. But when teams are going to play you with the pedal down, you need to respond accordingly. And if that means taking an underneath route or even a run on 3rd and 5 from the 50 to set yourself up for a 4th down play, that's how you need to handle it.

Be aggressive early or there's an excellent chance you'll be desperate late.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 104
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Up