ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 52
« First < 404647484950 5152 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Creed Humphrey Thread*****
BigRedChief 01:47 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just work on getting those shotgun snaps over the bellybutton, Creed. That's your offseason homework.
Has he ever said anything as to why he rolls the ball back to Mahomes from time to time? Even HOF centers misfire from time to time but rolling the ball back there? I cant remember any center ever doing that as often as it occurs these days.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:54 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Has he ever said anything as to why he rolls the ball back to Mahomes from time to time? Even HOF centers misfire from time to time but rolling the ball back there? I cant remember any center ever doing that as often as it occurs these days.
Rumor has it, his massive hog gets in the way. Mahomes is going to need to pay for a reduction surgery to get the snaps up to proper level
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:56 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Perineum Ripper:
Rumor has it, his massive hog gets in the way. Mahomes is going to need to pay for a reduction surgery to get the snaps up to proper level
He needs to take a cut to his girth for the team.:-)
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 01:59 PM 05-11-2024
If he is going to misfire, rolling it back is preferable to snapping the ball over the QBs head like what happened to Manning in the beginning of SB48. I laughed then, though.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:42 PM 06-13-2024
PFF Center Rankings: Top 32 ahead of the 2024 NFL season

1. CREED HUMPHREY, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Humphrey surpassed Jason Kelce as the game’s best center in our 2023 rankings, and with Kelce now retired, Humphrey is the clear best center in the NFL. He allowed just 16 pressures in 2023, and his 78.2 overall grade ranked seventh at the position.

And bringing up the next-to-bottom of the field....

31. LUKE WATTENBERG, DENVER BRONCOS
Wattenberg has yet to make an impact for the Broncos since he was drafted in the fifth round in 2022. When he’s been on the field, Wattenberg has struggled, earning a 45.8 grade in 2022 and 2023. Despite that, Denver has him pegged as its starting center heading in 2024. The team will hope for big improvements.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-center-...n=june_13_2024
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:50 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:

Humphrey surpassed Jason Kelce as the game’s best center in our 2023 rankings, and with Kelce now retired, Humphrey is the clear best center in the NFL. He allowed just 16 pressures in 2023, and his 78.2 overall grade ranked seventh at the position.

Wattenberg has yet to make an impact for the Broncos since he was drafted in the fifth round in 2022. When he’s been on the field, Wattenberg has struggled, earning a 45.8 grade in 2022 and 2023. Despite that, Denver has him pegged as its starting center heading in 2024. The team will hope for big improvements.

Yep, the Chiefs are re-signing Creed
[Reply]
BWillie 10:32 PM 06-13-2024

Apparently not good enough to be good at picking up 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1s with smashmouth football.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:03 AM 06-16-2024

:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by PFF (@profootballfocus)

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:24 AM 06-16-2024
Don't care for the low snaps these last 2 yrs but I do love that he has kept Mahomes from being "kissed" by the NT since being drafted by the Chiefs. But business is business and like I have said, it is all on paper now and just depends IF Nourzad can play at the NFL level or not. Remains to be seen.:-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:13 PM 06-13-2024
But Eric Eager said the Chiefs were going to draft not one, but two centers.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:09 AM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
But Eric Eager said the Chiefs were going to draft not one, but two centers.
They did draft one, but he’s got a very high ceiling. Hate to say it but I think Creed is a goner next year, he’s going to get a ridiculous offer from someone and I don’t think the Chiefs will even be close. I don’t see how you drop $15 million a year on a center in this offense, which is the bare minimum Creed is going to get.

They let Rodney Hudson walk, they let Mitch Morse walk, and we won our first Super Bowl with a street free agent at center. Unless they’re planning on moving on from Thuney, but with such a young LT that seems unlikely. We’ll see, but just going by the trends they’ve already set it seems like he’s probably gone.
[Reply]
kcgreene 09:46 AM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
They did draft one, but he’s got a very high ceiling. Hate to say it but I think Creed is a goner next year, he’s going to get a ridiculous offer from someone and I don’t think the Chiefs will even be close. I don’t see how you drop $15 million a year on a center in this offense, which is the bare minimum Creed is going to get.

They let Rodney Hudson walk, they let Mitch Morse walk, and we won our first Super Bowl with a street free agent at center. Unless they’re planning on moving on from Thuney, but with such a young LT that seems unlikely. We’ll see, but just going by the trends they’ve already set it seems like he’s probably gone.
I get the sentiment, and Reid's history disagrees with me, but I feel like Creed and Bolton stay, and Trey moves on elsewhere with Nourzad taking Trey's spot.

I also think there's a much higher than not probability that Thuney is gone next year though. We'll save 16M and if my memory serves me correct, we're already gonna be up against the cap next year.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:50 AM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
I get the sentiment, and Reid's history disagrees with me, but I feel like Creed and Bolton stay, and Trey moves on elsewhere with Nourzad taking Trey's spot.

I also think there's a much higher than not probability that Thuney is gone next year though. We'll save 16M and if my memory serves me correct, we're already gonna be up against the cap next year.
Thuney is 100% gone after this year. And we'll need to get some extensions done sooner rather than later.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:19 AM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by kcgreene:

I totally hope that’s the case, just going by past history and what I expect Creed’s market to be at a position this organization hasn’t shown a lot of value in from a monetary standpoint. They know they can plug and play guys, but Creed is definitely a rare breed, even better than Morse and Hudson were. It will be interesting to see how they handle things.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:16 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

This mindset probably changed after the SB debacle vs the Bucs. Creed is the best C in football and his elite pass protection is incredibly valuable.

Nourzad is best fit as a G. I think the insane price hike of G’s getting $20+ million made the Trey Smith decision an easy one. Nourzad will most likely take over in 2025 for Trey.

C is a cheap position. You can give Creed a LTD and make it backloaded to where you’re paying roughly $12-13 million most of the contract.

So the question is: is Creed worth paying an inflated MVS contract in terms of cap hits?

Easy answer
[Reply]
Page 50 of 52
« First < 404647484950 5152 >
Up