ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 19
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Zay Jones scheduled to visit the Chiefs on Thursday [signed with Arizona]
wazu 07:56 PM 05-08-2024

Former Jaguars WR Zay Jones is scheduled to visit Thursday with the Kansas City Chiefs, per league sources.

After Jacksonville released him last week, Jones has visited the Titans, Cardinals and Cowboys - with the Chiefs on deck. pic.twitter.com/thxVqQOvL8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 9, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:00 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not opposed to him at all. Really we’re simply trying to fill the 4th receiving target (at what) here.

We needed size to play outside and he provides that.
Red zone packages with Rice in a big slot role and Jones out wide would be pretty useful even when we get Rice back.

There's a lot of utility we'd get from a healthy Jones. He's more than a stopgap.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 08:18 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Found a couple scouting reports on Zay Jones that might be illuminating. Understanding of course that these were written prior to his being drafted:
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/zay-jo...b-837ea00d253e
hhttps://www.playerprofiler.com/article/zay-jones-advanced-stats-metrics-nfl-draft-profile/ttp://

Sounds like another Richie James type.
Is he more Richie James than Richie James was Richie James?
[Reply]
O.city 08:19 AM 05-09-2024
You always would like to layer rookies and young players with vets that atleast can step in and be where they're supposed to be I guess.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:33 AM 05-09-2024
I would not be opposed to signing him. Seems like a no brainer, assuming no major health issues.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:36 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
You always would like to layer rookies and young players with vets that atleast can step in and be where they're supposed to be I guess.
They badly needed to raise the floor of the room. Hell last year MVS, Skyy and Toney had no floor. They sucked. Zay Jones had one bad year of drops and the rest were really solid. At this point that would be a breath of fresh air.

Did I mention he knows the offense playing with Doug?

They need to keep only 6 WR’s and have Toney, Skyy and the other battle it out for WR6. Unfortunately that won’t happen but it needs to.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:43 AM 05-09-2024
I'd consider a deal at/near what OBJ got for him. Probably a little less than that, but honestly, Zay's been genuinely good more recently than OBJ has been. He's a little more advanced in the offense and has some slightly better size as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:47 AM 05-09-2024
They badly needed to raise the floor of the room. Hell last year MVS, Skyy and Toney had no floor. They sucked. Zay Jones had one bad year of drops and the rest were really solid. At this point that would be a breath of fresh air.

They need to keep only 6 WR’s and have Toney, Skyy and the other battle it out for WR6. Unfortunately that won’t happen but it needs to.
Because of possible injuries and or poor play of the WR's last year, I'd think the Chiefs will keep 7 WR's.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:48 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd consider a deal at/near what OBJ got for him. Probably a little less than that, but honestly, Zay's been genuinely good more recently than OBJ has been. He's a little more advanced in the offense and has some slightly better size as well.
He's been to see several teams. Is he a smart shopper or asking more than we expect?
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 05-09-2024

I just don't know what would happen between now and camp that would cause you to cut Moore or Toney if you haven't already decided to do it now.

So they're gonna be here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Because of possible injuries and or poor play of the WR's last year, I'd think the Chiefs will keep 7 WR's.
I think it's far less likely that they keep 7. Because doing so would effectively require that they keep at least 1 and possibly 2 of the guys that led to that shitshow.

If they keep 7 again, it's a bad sign. It means that they're far less confident in Brown/Worthy than we'd hoped.

Brown
Rice (Susp)
Worthy
Jones
Watson (STs)
Toney/Moore

Maybe if the Rice thing is sorted out before the season started they keep Toney AND Moore. Or if they don't sign Jones. But they're not signing Jones and keeping Moore and Toney PLUS Rice. If Rice starts the season active AND they sign Jones, I just don't see a way they keep Toney and Moore - that's what would have to happen to get to 7.

Keeping 7 just not a good idea at all, especially when only one of those guys has core special teams value; the other 2 would be return guys only. They'll need that roster spot for either a 4th TE or perhaps Safeties or LBs that can backfill for the special teams shortcomings of the back of the WR room.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:25 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I just don't know what would happen between now and camp that would cause you to cut Moore or Toney if you haven't already decided to do it now.

So they're gonna be here.
Signing Zay Jones. You do that and there's no room for both of them.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:29 AM 05-09-2024
In one of Veach’s press conferences after the draft, he stressed keeping 10 or 11 O-linemen vs I believe what he said was 9 last year. I’m assuming that means WR will be going back to normal this year as well. 5, maybe 6.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:32 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Signing Zay Jones. You do that and there's no room for both of them.
And they've talked about one of those guys while being completely silent about the other one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:34 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And they've talked about one of those guys while being completely silent about the other one.
If Moore were a 3rd day pick, he wouldn't have survived the entire season last year, IMO.

He's nothing but draft capital at this point. He's a sunk cost. They may be hoping they can salvage something from him the way they did with MEH (who is basically serviceable as an RB2, though you'd like to upgrade there). But if they're looking at bringing in Zay Jones, Moore is on borrowed time.

A summer ruling on the Rice suspension is all that will keep him on the roster at that point.
[Reply]
O.city 09:43 AM 05-09-2024
Just cut Moore now then.

I don't think they will but a Jones signing would be a good case for it. It also may mean they think Rice is out a while.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 19
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up