ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Observations at 9-3
Wallcrawler 09:39 PM 12-04-2022
The Chiefs are 9-3 with a cupcake schedule coming up. The Chiefs just got spanked in a playoff atmosphere game where we really wanted the game, did a lot of trash talking, and lost the football game, and now we have some subpar teams to get the bullshit worked out before shit gets real.

1. Harrison Butker right now is not that clutch guy that you can rely on. Arguably, he never has been. 13 seconds doesn't happen if the guy doesn't leave 4 points on the field in the first place, and we were just very fortunate he made good on the 49 yarder to tie. Andy is going to have to understand when it's better to just put the ball in 15s hands, and let the chips fall where they may. Watching this dude kick in big moments this year is giving me serious 90s vibes.

2. Justin Reid should never open his mouth about an opponent again. What an embarrassment.

3. If this is the effort we are going to get from Chris Jones and the d line against the NFL playoff teams, then we're in some deep shit right now. The leagues most sacked qb, and we can't lay a finger on him. In the biggest games, 95 disappears entirely.

4. Seminars should be held for the o line on knowing where the line of scrimmage is at all times, and keeping your ass within one yard. Countless HUGE plays taken off the board this season by this ineligible downfield idiocy. It's basic football.

5. Gotta stop blaming the refs for everything. The Chiefs are one of the least penalized teams in football, and screeching for penalties on the opposition every play is just blood belching vagina league. If we need the refs to help us get stops, then we aren't playing well enough to win. Period. The interception only happened because of the PI. The big first down got called back because Allegretti and Wylie didn't know their assholes from their elbows.

6. The redzone is not the place for experimentation. Second time in as many weeks we see Andy waste a down on some hare brained stupid bullshit that goes utterly nowhere. Redzone is serious business, not fucking mad scientist playtime. If your play design has Mahomes lined up at wide receiver, please delete this formation, because you are a dumbass.

7. Steve Spagnuolo needs to get the NFL rulebook and read the part in there where running backs can legally catch the ball. Nobody gives up more passing yards to backs than Steve Spagnuolo.

8. Steve Spagnuolo needs to commit to stopping the oppositions best player. Not come out in base sets and allow Chase to line up against whoever he wants. At no time should this guy have been singled up, but we played this guy as if he were just another offensive player.

9. Kelce is a beast. But hero ball right there wasn't needed. We had a huge gain, the first down, just get down. Don't plow into 3 guys like you're on the goal line and keep chugging to eliminate forward progress saving you as you get held up and stripped. We weren't anywhere near that type of desperation big dog.

10. In games that come down to the wire like this every situation has to be handled correctly. Lot of situational football scenarios, the coaches and players simply had the wrong answer. That's how you lose football games.

As I said near the end of the game, this is the best thing for them. A game that's gonna hurt, and leave a bad taste, and motivate the coaches and players to get out of this sleepwalking mode they've been in.

One seed is gone, you've been spanked a third time by the team that beat your ass twice and stole a superbowl trip from you in your own house.

It's a reality check that says "Hey, assholes. You're not as good as you fucking think you are. Hold this hot, flaming L."

In a perfect world, this is the herd of Clydesdales pulling the collective heads out of the asses of the Kansas City Chiefs that will ignite a new work ethic, leading to a new winning streak rolling into the playoffs and culminating in a superbowl win.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:46 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
They key in your post is: No pressure.

They doubled Jones and nobody else could win 1 on 1.
That is nothing but poor scheme. If Spags scheme breaks down when Jones is doubled teamed then there is no where to go. They have used draft picks, money, and new position coaches and the result is all the same. The only constant in that side of the ball is Spags. But gobble gobble away. Expect more of the same defense getting it's mouth punched in when the time counts.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 12:22 PM 12-05-2022
I don't gets all this hate on the defense. They had an off game. Bengals have a good QB. They gave up 3 pts in the 3rd qtr, and 13 total points in the 2nd half...they've played some great football up to last night.

Didn't help that the refs thru a late flag, reversing a turnover, and giving the ball back to Burrow. They were playing the refs and Burrow. And they were losing.

Still doesn't take away from the solid progress they've been making. Sometimes the other team plays better. We forget that they get paid to make plays too. Begals were in the superbowl last year. And they needed the refs to reverse a TO and a fumble recovery just so they could beat us by 3pts at their house. We play mistake free football and we win this game
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:44 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by kcclone:
This is why we need to trade Jones this off season. You NEED an edge rusher to consistently rush the QB. We don’t have one. We could trade Jones and move up to a top 8, not to mention he will free up a lot of cap room. That along with Frank should allow us to rebuild the DL and possibly upgrade RT.

Dunlap is by far our best edge right now. Karlaftis and Dana are solid backups.
I think a guy like Chris Jones is just as valuable, if not moreso than an impact edge rusher.

Bigger issue is the bums we've got at end. Jones was taking double teams consistently yesterday and none of those other scrubs could bust through? Not Dunlap in a revenge game? Not Frank Clark with his super effective spin move? Not Karlaftis with his motor?

Not one?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:45 PM 12-05-2022
This wasn't just about Burrow. Or Mahomes. Or Travis' drop, or any one thing.

But Burrow has the luxury this season of having two legit WR1s. The Chiefs do not.

And there was a pile of other issues as well, but as far as offensive weapons, CIN had more top tier weapons than KC did yesterday.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:21 PM 12-05-2022
I don’t give a fuck if KC has 0.1 fewer penalties than the average team…

A random offsides call does not have the same impact as wiping a TD off the board. The Chiefs have had devastating penalties on a weekly basis.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:38 PM 12-05-2022
We'll be fine.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:58 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I don’t give a fuck if KC has 0.1 fewer penalties than the average team…

A random offsides call does not have the same impact as wiping a TD off the board. The Chiefs have had devastating penalties on a weekly basis.
Yup we always have TD's and turnovers called back via penalty, it's just kinda weird eh? lolz
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 12:06 AM 12-06-2022
1. You don't kick that fg, you just don't. Not if you are playing to win, you call a timeout. Then you either put henne in and throw it to Mackinnon, or you punt.
2. You hand off to mackinnon on that prior first first down or toss or screen. lather rinse repeat. Maybe a quick slant on second to juju. probably have the first or 3rd and 1, take the shot then,
3. maybe mahomes on third and less thn 5 should be under center, they should roll with 2 te and run a 5 step pa pass with mckinnon as the hot, kelce is probably open or grey down the field, juju running a short cross is open. or he could check out into a toss to mckinnon or a sneak. Too much shotgun makes it predictable. Zero threat of a designed run or pa pass makes us unfortunately predictable.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:11 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Yup we always have TD's and turnovers called back via penalty, it's just kinda weird eh? lolz
I think 4 TDs wiped off the board, unsportsmanlike for mean words, another unsportsmanlike for mean words, WWE style body slam of Kelce, one of the worst roughing calls in NFL history, flag thrown 3 seconds after an interception, punter tackled twice with no call, etc etc.

And when’s the last time Mahomes drew a roughing call? Has it ever happened?
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 12:20 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It’s always losses like these where Andy Reid gets aggressive about changes. With a softer schedule down the stretch I feel like we’ll see quite a bit.

We need to test prince wanagho out at RT. If not, then niang.
Brandon Williams needs to get ready to play significant playoff minutes
Make sure Toney is good enough to stay consistently healthy for the playoff stretch
Work melvin Gordon over and over again on ball security and begin testing him out on short yardage and red zone
Skyy Moore needs more reps the next few weeks
We need lots of reps from josh Williams and Bryan cook. These guys have plenty of time and upside to play better by the playoffs.
We need hammer over and over and over again getting gay ready to play spy. He becomes a crucial piece to playing josh Allen and burrow
There is still time to explore more depth. Particularly on the DL.

Trust in veach and Reid. And much as I grit my teeth until spags messes up in the playoffs (he hasn’t yet) trust that he will be better too. Including playing way better vs cincy in last years playoffs than he did regular season.
I'd say spags fucked up vs the bengals in the playoffs last year, other than that, everything you said is true. I don't think our defense is any better this year, just lucky. Teams are running it more and we've been really efficient on offense, drives taking longer, we are running clock a bit when we run the ball. It hides our defensive inefficiency. It's not a good defense, it's a an average to below defense in a down year against a very weak division and more than a few below average opponents.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:35 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
I'd say spags fucked up vs the bengals in the playoffs last year, other than that, everything you said is true. I don't think our defense is any better this year, just lucky. Teams are running it more and we've been really efficient on offense, drives taking longer, we are running clock a bit when we run the ball. It hides our defensive inefficiency. It's not a good defense, it's a an average to below defense in a down year against a very weak division and more than a few below average opponents.
It’s bizarre to me that the same people who shit all over last year’s defense think highly of this one. Last year, they held three straight opponents to 9 points, including a Dallas offense that ranked at the top of the league and a good Raiders offense. They were playing pretty well down the stretch, despite giving snaps to scrubs like Sorenson and Niemann. This defense might be more talented, but we’re not seeing the results yet.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:40 AM 12-06-2022
All 3 losses were really close game we probably should have won.

The refs keeping Indy’s winning drive alive because Jones said mean words to Matt Ryan

The missed kicks against Buffalo.

The fumble by Kelce.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:42 AM 12-06-2022
Observation we got beat because the Bengals scored more points than us. Don't want to get beat then best score more points than the opponent.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 12-06-2022, 12:58 AM
This message has been deleted by ChiefAshhole1056. Reason: Oops
TEX 03:10 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think a guy like Chris Jones is just as valuable, if not moreso than an impact edge rusher.

Bigger issue is the bums we've got at end. Jones was taking double teams consistently yesterday and none of those other scrubs could bust through? Not Dunlap in a revenge game? Not Frank Clark with his super effective spin move? Not Karlaftis with his motor?

Not one?
Exactly. All our DE's are JAGS. We had this same problem last year. It was identified as an area of need. Not enough was done. And now here we are. No pass rush with our down 4, and losing to the Bengals by 3, again.
[Reply]
irafreak 09:27 AM 12-06-2022
Let's see...I agree with number 2, Reid should keep a low profile. And number 4, the players need time to adjust to the new strict enforcement of the rule so that will clean up in time. Everything else...oh boy.

A hard fought game against the defending afc champs and we got spanked? We moved the ball well. They moved the ball well. Two high powered offenses. I don't understand how anyone expected different.

We need line help but Jones isn't the problem. He's the only piece doing his job...taking up double and triple teams. The Bengals schemed him out. That simple.

And if every team could just shut down chase, don't you think they'd do it? Look how many teams commit to stopping kelce...
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up