ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Steven Nelson Thread*****
Dante84 09:13 PM 05-01-2015

New Chiefs CB Steven Nelson was one of two CBs in this class to not miss a single tackle in 2014

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) May 2, 2015

Jaelen Strong vs Steven Nelson (2014) by db_adrian
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 06:12 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Yep when an opponent scores 24 or more points Alex Smith starts throwing like Michael J Fox

[Reply]
the Talking Can 06:21 AM 05-02-2015
I'll trust Dorsey on cbs
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:37 AM 05-02-2015
Any chance they move him to Saftey?

He looks much more comfortable with everything in front of him. I don't see him as a press corner.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:41 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

He looks much more comfortable with everything in front of him. I don't see him as a press corner.
I think they will. Berry right now is a mystery.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 06:45 AM 05-02-2015
I'm pretty sure at his presser Dorsey said they were considering him a cornerback.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:55 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
GIVE ME...A CHECK...OF DOWN
[Reply]
TEX 07:21 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

Probably gonna use him to cover the slot WR.
[Reply]
TEX 07:24 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
I'll trust Dorsey on cbs
This.
[Reply]
CarlPeterson_fan 08:28 AM 05-02-2015
Wow! We are really loaded at corner now. Still a little weak at safety with Berry out. Any chance any of our currents corners can make a Ron Parker switch and be a really good safety? Fleming? Cooper? Not any chance that they drafted Nelson to play safety is there? A sure tackler like that is what you need at safety.
[Reply]
milkman 08:30 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by CarlPeterson_fan:
Wow! We are really loaded at corner now. Still a little weak at safety with Berry out. Any chance any of our currents corners can make a Ron Parker switch and be a really good safety? Fleming? Cooper? Not any chance that they drafted Nelson to play safety is there? A sure tackler like that is what you need at safety.
With Abdullah, Parker and Tyvonne Branch, we are pretty solid there.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:30 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Terrence Copper says hello! :-)
Terrence Copper actually played when we needed him.

Gaines and Fleming are injured soft bitches.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:31 AM 05-02-2015
I've gone reverse Morse on this pick. I hated Morse at the time, warmed quickly.

This pick I liked at the time but have reversed a bit on. He's just so limited. He can't play out wide, IMO and I think a press corner loses a lot of value in the slot because of how difficult it is to really get your hands on a slot WR.

I just see a lot of Chris Owens in him.

I actually did a fair amount of research on him largely on accident. I was looking into Jaelen Strong and watched Nelson absolutely hand him his ass all day. So I looked at some other clips, etc... and essentially decided that Nelson is likely a 3rd/4th round pick and a really really average CB prospect. That's why I had no interest in Strong - he got owned by a 'meh' defender.

With Clemmings and Jarrett on the board, I'm not sure why the Chiefs felt the need to get a guy who's athleticism will keep him in the slot. I'd have gone Collins but I understand why the Chiefs didn't. Why not Hollimon though? Ramik Wilson? There just wasn't a need to go after him here and he's not a good enough prospect to pass on others. As neither a need or BPA guy, IMO, I don't really like the pick.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 08:31 AM 05-02-2015
Not sure we're that weak at safety with Husain Abdullah, Ron Parker, and Tyvon Branch as our top 3.
[Reply]
mcaj22 08:32 AM 05-02-2015
we have one of the best THREE safety combos in the entire LEAGUE

what more do you people want?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:39 AM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Gonna be sad to see smith gone.
No it's not. Smith is way overrated. Gives up too many big plays. Not trying to :-) here just saying.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up