ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Round 1 targets
Chris Meck 06:54 PM 01-19-2021
I will totally get behind whatever Veach decides, but my personal preference would be leaning towards a DE in round 1. Of course, we don't know how it shakes out and what have you, but that would be my preference. I think there are a couple of good options that seem like they might be there.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:01 PM 01-19-2021
I think the Chiefs need to take a RB on Day 3.

I wouldn’t count on Damien Williams because the guy is constantly injured, will have missed a full season (which could be good or bad) and he’ll be 29 years old to start the season.

It’s pretty clear that Reid doesn’t trust Darwin Award Thompson, so they need to beef up the RB room.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:14 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think the Chiefs need to take a RB on Day 3.

I wouldn’t count on Damien Williams because the guy is constantly injured, will have missed a full season (which could be good or bad) and he’ll be 29 years old to start the season.

It’s pretty clear that Reid doesn’t trust Darwin Award Thompson, so they need to beef up the RB room.
Khalil Herbert from VTech is my guy at RB on day 3.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:07 PM 01-19-2021
I love it! Kudos! Marshall will be gone and is a pipe dream.
[Reply]
In58men 07:07 AM 01-20-2021
I don’t understand why we need RB in round 1 after drafting CEH?

We need to upgrade the OL and he’ll be fine.

WR in round 1, Toney and a some OL after, maybe rounds 2 and 4.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:26 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I don’t understand why we need RB in round 1 after drafting CEH?

We need to upgrade the OL and he’ll be fine.

WR in round 1, Toney and a some OL after, maybe rounds 2 and 4.
Who said we need a RB in round 1?
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 01-20-2021
I think you gotta look at a DE somewhere.

We need pass rushers in a bad way and Frank aint doin much.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think you gotta look at a DE somewhere.

We need pass rushers in a bad way and Frank aint doin much.
Absolutely. It's the biggest position of need and should be a priority if the draft falls that way.

I personally want a WR but that would be secondary to getting a good DE if one falls.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:47 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Absolutely. It's the biggest position of need and should be a priority if the draft falls that way.

I personally want a WR but that would be secondary to getting a good DE if one falls.
This is exactly where I'm at as well. WR and DE are the priority but if there's no one of value left at those positions, I wouldn't be surprised to see a superstud CB or maybe even a CB/Safety go at #32 or of course, a trade back.

I like Breeland but there's no guarantee he'll return next season and while Ward has speed, which IMO is his biggest asset, he certainly has not progressed as one would expect.

I can't see the Chiefs shelling out in excess of $8 million per for Ward, unless he just blows up this post-season and in 2021 and even then, they might be better off letting him walk and taking the Comp Pick.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is exactly where I'm at as well. WR and DE are the priority but if there's no one of value left at those positions, I wouldn't be surprised to see a superstud CB or maybe even a CB/Safety go at #32 or of course, a trade back.

I like Breeland but there's no guarantee he'll return next season and while Ward has speed, which IMO is his biggest asset, he certainly has not progressed as one would expect.

I can't see the Chiefs shelling out in excess of $8 million per for Ward, unless he just blows up this post-season and in 2021 and even then, they might be better off letting him walk and taking the Comp Pick.
CB is interesting to me, but if they think Baker recovers fine I think it could wait a bit.

DE or WR seems likely. If there were a TE they loved that fell that might make some sense.

I'm interested to see how the IOL spot works out as we go thru this process.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:02 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If there were a TE they loved that fell that might make some sense.
I can't see a TE at #32. Kelce is only 31 while coming off his best season as a pro and the best season ever for a tight end.

He's going to play at a high level for at least the next 3 years, so taking a TE early makes zero sense when there are needs everywhere else on the roster.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:47 AM 01-20-2021
What does everyone think about Amon-Ra St. Brown?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:41 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What does everyone think about Amon-Ra St. Brown?
Solid prospect, but I just don’t see him being in our range either way.

He’s probably a early-mid 2nd round pick, especially with Olave going back to school.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:58 AM 01-20-2021
This corner class is pretty bad.

I doubt a corner comes off the board in the top 15 picks, and I don’t see more than 2 going in the 1st.
[Reply]
O.city 12:07 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This corner class is pretty bad.

I doubt a corner comes off the board in the top 15 picks, and I don’t see more than 2 going in the 1st.
Outside of Surtain, I dunno that there's anyone there I really like.

The LT from USC is really interesting to me but I doubt he gets to 32.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up