ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
carcosa 10:39 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Drops suck. Mahomes sucks. Everyone sucks.

Tired of Mahomes getting a pass too. We all love him. No one is calling for him to be benched or anything preposterous. But he's awful right now and if we're going to win a Super Bowl, we're going to need a LOT more out of him. Just like we need more out of Kelce and Hill.

Don't understand what's going on but it needs to be fixed. The scary thing is I think it's mental/confidence based for all these guys. No magic scheme Andy can draw up. These guys just need to figure their shit out.
Yawn
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:21 PM 12-06-2021

Tired of Mahomes getting a pass too. We all love him. No one is calling for him to be benched or anything preposterous. But he's awful right now and if we're going to win a Super Bowl, we're going to need a LOT more out of him.
Do you even watch the games? The receivers are shitting the bed this year (especially last night). Mahomes has 25 TD and 12 INT, 8 of which were tipped/dropped by receivers, I believe. He should probably have more than 25 TD, because so many of those dropped passes led to INTs and/or killed drives that could have otherwise led to scoring. Even so, he should have a minimum of 25 TD, and he should have 4 INT. Even with all the drops, he's still averaging 282 YPG. That number should be higher than 300 if the receivers just catch the damn ball.

Mahomes isn't making as many jaw-dropping plays as we've seen in the past, but he's still been very good. Certainly good enough to win games. But when nobody can catch the ball and the coaches appear to be trying to bring Martyball back, he's not going to put up 400 yards and 5 TDs every week.

Right now he's basically Kirk Cousins.
The guy that lost to the Detroit Lions yesterday? You think that's how good Patrick Mahomes is right now?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:30 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Do you even watch the games? The receivers are shitting the bed this year (especially last night). Mahomes has 25 TD and 12 INT, 8 of which were tipped/dropped by receivers, I believe. He should probably have more than 25 TD, because so many of those dropped passes led to INTs and/or killed drives that could have otherwise led to scoring. Even so, he should have a minimum of 25 TD, and he should have 4 INT. Even with all the drops, he's still averaging 282 YPG. That number should be higher than 300 if the receivers just catch the damn ball.

Mahomes isn't making as many jaw-dropping plays as we've seen in the past, but he's still been very good. Certainly good enough to win games. But when nobody can catch the ball and the coaches appear to be trying to bring Martyball back, he's not going to put up 400 yards and 5 TDs every week.

The guy that lost to the Detroit Lions yesterday? You think that's how good Patrick Mahomes is right now?
I watch every game. I've also watched every game for several years now.

The guy playing QB for the Chiefs right now is a shell of the guy that's been playing QB for the Chiefs for the three seasons prior.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:36 PM 12-06-2021
I watch every game. I've also watched every game for several years now.

The guy playing QB for the Chiefs right now is a shell of the guy that's been playing QB for the Chiefs for the three seasons prior.
No QB... not even Mahomes... is going to be successful when his top two targets are leading the NFL in expected points (EPA) from drops AND when SEVEN INT's have been on passes with a catch probability rate of at least 75% (and most of those were tipped passes).

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:40 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
No QB... not even Mahomes... is going to be successful when his top two targets are leading the NFL in expected points (EPA) from drops AND when SEVEN INT's have been on passes with a catch probability rate of at least 75% (and most of those were tipped passes).

And don't get me wrong. Mahomes is part of the problem. You could see him not being quite as decisive..when he double pumps he didn't like the first window.

But offense struggling, people dropping passes, plays not developing, line just a tad off in pass pro, then it gets compounded when the QB feels all this.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:30 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Do you even watch the games?
If anybody thinks Mahomes was specifically bad in yesterday's game, they may have been watching the game but they certainly didn't understand what the hell they were watching.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:40 PM 12-05-2021
Mahomes is trying to force the ball and is thinking about where he's trying to throw it too much instead of going with the flow.

That's leading to the high and low throws. The high ones are easy pickin
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:45 PM 12-05-2021

Tired of Mahomes getting a pass too. We all love him. No one is calling for him to be benched or anything preposterous. But he's awful right now and if we're going to win a Super Bowl, we're going to need a LOT more out of him. Just like we need more out of Kelce and Hill.

Don't understand what's going on but it needs to be fixed. The scary thing is I think it's mental/confidence based for all these guys. No magic scheme Andy can draw up. These guys just need to figure their shit out.
Mahomes doesn't suck but he is not playing anywhere close to where he did last year.

The offense as a whole is not right and outside of the drops I am not sure what the problem is.

Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Mahomes is trying to force the ball and is thinking about where he's trying to throw it too much instead of going with the flow.

That's leading to the high and low throws. The high ones are easy pickin
I think you are correct on this. I noticed this a few times lately.
[Reply]
Delano 10:43 PM 12-05-2021
Mahomes gets in front of cameras and talks about how he needs to improve almost every week. He just hasn't done it. He will, but he's struggling right now.
[Reply]
ping2000 11:03 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Delano:
Mahomes gets in front of cameras and talks about how he needs to improve almost every week. He just hasn't done it. He will, but he's struggling right now.
Less sidearm please.
[Reply]
morphius 07:27 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Less sidearm please.
If Pringle doesn't stop his route that hits him in stride. Question is, was he supposed to stop or not...
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:47 PM 12-05-2021
Mahomes makes it harder than it needs to be. Hopefully he can trust the defense now and relax. Same for the receivers.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:49 PM 12-05-2021
accuracy aside, receivers need to catch balls that hit them in the hands.

catch the passes. eliminate the variables of a tipped pass.

then work on Patrick improving his accuracy.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:50 PM 12-05-2021
Ward dropped an INT that hit his chest. Kelce had 2 big drops, Pringle with 2 drops, Hill with 2 big drops and an INT.

This team has the worst hands in the NFL. Fucking boneheads.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:53 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Ward dropped an INT that hit his chest. Kelce had 2 big drops, Pringle with 2 drops, Hill with 2 big drops and an INT.

This team has the worst hands in the NFL. ****ing boneheads.
exactly.
I've done a complete 180 from a year or so ago. Each pass catch attempt I'm holding my breath.

and 'usually', the drops are on routine (by NFL standards) catch attempts.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up