ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba drops a deuce on Alex Smith
T-post Tom 04:27 PM 05-11-2024

Tamba Hali recently admitted that, at times when Patrick Mahomes was on the bench behind Alex Smith in 2017, Chiefs players wanted Mahomes to play. https://t.co/U9kNvalVfY

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) May 11, 2024

I'll throw Florio a bone on this one... or maybe an anvil?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:55 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
But that wasn't Alex's last year. The Steelers game was the 2016-2017 season. Mahomes wasn't around yet.

Alex's last playoff game was against the Titans in 2017-2018.
Holy shit, I had those two years totally crossed up lol.

Thanks!
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:59 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Kinda feel like this is your just being salty for choosing the worst possible time to sell low on the Chiefs as a fan.
Believe whatever you want. Point is, 25 years of going to all those Chiefs games, at least one in arrowhead, some more, and going to several away games, I had enough. Enough of the reread qb's. Every year was the same for all of us. Just draft a 1st round QB. Try it. If it was a miss, then it was a miss, but by God we tried.

That's why I wouldn't invest in the team anymore. If you're not going to try, then no, you don't get my money.

Ironically it was the next season we drafted Mahomes. But I haven't been back. No vendetta, no idea why I haven't. Guess I felt 25 years straight was fine with me. Will I go? Probably, but don't know when.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:05 PM 05-11-2024
One last Alex smith argument to rule them all.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:16 PM 05-11-2024
Threw a Super Bowl away because of that shithead
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:21 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Some people hate the guy for coming here and helping completely change the culture while leading us to winning records every single season as a starter and winning our first playoff game in 20 years. Not to mention being an incredible mentor for Pat.

Yeah, dude was such a tool. I guess.
Yeah people forgot that the year before Alex and Andy we were flying banners over the stadium. The year before Andy was fired and reeling from the worst stretch in his career. This team desperately needed to win right away and we needed to get the playoff monkey off our back. Many qbs can't pull this shit off. He served his purpose. It wasn't his fault he was there a year or 2 too long.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:24 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Threw a Super Bowl away because of that shithead
That 17' team wasn't going to win a super bowl :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 09:28 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That 17' team wasn't going to win a super bowl :-)
You are insane.

They went 10-6 and Alex Smith and was an MVP candidate. He had a 105 QB rating. Mahomes would have went scorched earth. Prime Kelce, Reek and Kareem Hunt before he kicked bitches.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:30 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You are insane.

They went 10-6 and Alex Smith almost won MVP. He had a 105 QB rating. Mahomes would have went scorched earth. Kelce, Reek and Kareem Hunt before he kicked bitches.
The offense fell off a cliff midway through the season. Peters checked out and the ghost of Darelle Revis at the other CB. Kelce suffered another concussion in the Titans game and Jones got banged up. They didn't weren't winning shit that year
[Reply]
poolboy 09:40 PM 05-11-2024
Tamba must be back on the chaw
[Reply]
BWillie 09:52 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The offense fell off a cliff midway through the season. Peters checked out and the ghost of Darelle Revis at the other CB. Kelce suffered another concussion in the Titans game and Jones got banged up. They didn't weren't winning shit that year
You must not believe that Patrick Mahomes is at minimum the 2nd best QB that has ever lived.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:52 PM 05-11-2024
I bet tamba had a hawg
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:09 PM 05-11-2024
I'm surprised that Tamba's era overlapped Mahomes' era.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:31 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Alex Smith deserved to be shit on.
No, no he doesn't.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:34 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I bet tamba had a hawg
You think him and Chris Jones jousted?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:37 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
You think him and Chris Jones jousted?
If they didn’t, I don’t know if I can go on with life.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up