ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon Suspended AGAIN
chiefzilla1501 10:14 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Wasted talent. Guy could have been one of the most dominant WRs in the game.

Hopefully he can get his life priorities figured out someday and become a better human.

But his pro football career is probably over.
And maybe that #1 life priority from the start should have been to leave football behind. He got stuck in the trap that just because you have a gift you're obligated to use it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:45 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And maybe that #1 life priority from the start should have been to leave football behind. He got stuck in the trap that just because you have a gift you're obligated to use it.
Well, you have to play the life cards you’ve been dealt. At least initially.

Use it as a means to an end. Maybe he was ready to move on?
[Reply]
loochy 10:47 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Nah, he did the right thing. He took those fools in the NFL for millions of dollars while still not quitting smoking. Win/win for him.....he just didn't win as much as he COULD have, but he still won plenty.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:54 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Nah, he did the right thing. He took those fools in the NFL for millions of dollars while still not quitting smoking. Win/win for him.....he just didn't win as much as he COULD have, but he still won plenty.
He will probably look back on it like that one day. But for now it's clearly an enabler. Seems like Ricky Williams is living a minimalist lifestyle and seems happier than ever. Gordon made a ton of money and fame but it doesn't seem like he wants any of that let alone for a game he hates. He needs to be out of the spotlight and live a life where he can get "alternative therapy" in a way that does minimal harm to him. He needs to go the Ricky route.
[Reply]
scho63 10:02 AM 12-17-2019
Here's a question I don't know the answer to:

Since the day he was drafted, how many months have he been active for an NFL team versus how many months has he been on the suspension list?

I bet it's a close race.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Here's a question I don't know the answer to:

Since the day he was drafted, how many months have he been active for an NFL team versus how many months has he been on the suspension list?

I bet it's a close race.
Well your question includes offseason and other downtime so a little harder to figure. But I did see somewhere last night that he's started like 55 games and missed 35 or so due to suspension.
[Reply]
scho63 10:10 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well your question includes offseason and other downtime so a little harder to figure. But I did see somewhere last night that he's started like 55 games and missed 35 or so due to suspension.
Thank you.

That's some crazy stuff right there.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 10:07 AM 12-17-2019
What a waste.
[Reply]
-King- 02:28 PM 09-14-2021

NFLPA determined Josh Gordon has successfully completed his NFL-monitored treatment program and has recommended to the NFL that he be reinstated, per sources. Gordon is awaiting final approval from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, but he is said to be ready to play and vaccinated.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 14, 2021

Anyone?
[Reply]
SuperChief 02:30 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:

Anyone?
This is probably the answer to the problem - at least as a stopgap. Give him a shot.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:30 PM 09-14-2021
The way our WR room looks behind Tyreek I'd honestly be tempted..VERY TEMPTED :-) .
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:27 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The way our WR room looks behind Tyreek I'd honestly be tempted..VERY TEMPTED :-) .
Sure. They could cut Fountain, the 2nd best WR on the team and give Gordon his roster spot. Great idea.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:31 PM 09-14-2021
Yes
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:31 PM 09-14-2021
After seeing how the League doesn’t give a shit about any off the field problems, I say just bring in the most talented players and keep them as long as they’re productive and aren’t causing issues in the locker room.

If he can play, bring him in.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:34 PM 09-14-2021
Would definitely not have a problem with it.

As of right now if Tyreek or Kelce get hurt we are completely screwed. Gordon at least requires a little bit of attention from the opposing defense.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up