ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Money no object, where else in the World would you live?
Kiimo 12:27 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yuck.

Weather is great in L.A. but **** all that traffic. Chicago,ok, but **** that winter. Vegas is gross. **** Florida. Houston I would consider a punishment.
LA traffic only affects those who don't know how to circumnavigate it. My commute is 6 minutes. It takes me nearly two months to go through a tank of gas.
[Reply]
Otter 12:39 PM 05-31-2023
As I mature (I know right) I appreciate my family and friends too much but 3 of the most interesting places IMHO:

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. British Columbia

There's more but I'll leave it at that. If you've never been to NZ or BC add it to your bucket list. However, I'm an American and my family is here so *1 is the USA.

However, São Paulo is a neat place to get led into a seedy room by a hot Brazilian 20 something and wake up in dirty bathtub full of ice missing a kidney.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:28 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
As I mature (I know right) I appreciate my family and friends too much but 3 of the most interesting places IMHO:

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. British Columbia

There's more but I'll leave it at that. If you've never been to NZ or BC add it to your bucket list. However, I'm an American and my family is here so *1 is the USA.

However, São Paulo is a neat place to get led into a seedy room by a hot Brazilian 20 something and wake up in dirty bathtub full of ice missing a kidney.
South Africa? I spent some time in Durban and it was dystopian. The stores were all locked and you had to ring to get in, and the houses were all surrounded in razor wire.

I went further north into Zululand and it was pretty, but also pretty rural.

You must have found a different place than I did. I've heard that Cape Town is nice, so is that your destination?
[Reply]
BWillie 03:08 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yuck.

Weather is great in L.A. but fuck all that traffic. Chicago,ok, but fuck that winter. Vegas is gross. Fuck Florida. Houston I would consider a punishment.
Oh I don't care about the city itself. Those are the only places that have consistent 5/10+ No Limit Hold Em Monday thru Friday during the daytime.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:14 PM 05-31-2023
My own private island.

With a Bond villain hideout.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:18 PM 05-31-2023
I traveled the world for about 7 years. There is no where I’d live but the USA. The grass ain’t greener. I’m where I’d rather be.

You’ll miss the culture, easy slang and a bunch of other topics you’d never considered until you are away for years.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:58 PM 05-31-2023
I like visiting places, but I like where I live.

Also, it is the home of the Kansas City Chiefs.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:22 PM 05-31-2023
With money no object, I'd have a place in Hawaii, probably Big Island. Maybe Oahu just to be closer to convenience stuff if wanted/needed.

Mrs. Idaho and I went last year, and I fell in love with it.

Our home would come equipped with a boat for tooling from island to island as needed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:22 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
With money no object, I'd have a place in Hawaii, probably Big Island. Maybe Oahu just to be closer to convenience stuff if wanted/needed.

Mrs. Idaho and I went last year, and I fell in love with it.

Our home would come equipped with a boat for tooling from island to island as needed.
I was taking some pics today of the banner going to our Germany chapter for the game. You notice my dock in the background is empty.

Got rid of the pontoon a couple of years ago. It’s a 10K lb boat dock. So I could put a big boat on there but just lost the thrill of boating. Just became more of a hassle than it’s worth.
Attached: IMG_7381.jpg (144.0 KB) 
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:21 PM 05-31-2023
Money no object? Definitely gotta go with Hawaii. Preferably with enough land that the house could be secluded. The house doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just a modest home that meets my needs.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:53 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Money no object? Definitely gotta go with Hawaii. Preferably with enough land that the house could be secluded. The house doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just a modest home that meets my needs.
Have you studied the entire Hawaiian island chain and how it was formed and looked at the islands that are underneath the water due to long-term erosion? How does that fit into your 6,000 year narrative?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:43 PM 05-31-2023
Did anyone mention Placencia, Belize?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:54 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
It seems like a sausage fest with an entire country full of lonely men walking around pretending they have girlfriends. No thanks.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:17 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I was a little surprised that it took this long to get a Belize.:-)

I forgot New Zealand.
[Reply]
George Liquor 03:15 PM 05-31-2023
Perast Montenegro

[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up