ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What do the Chiefs accomplish the next 6 years?
No Super Bowl appearances or wins 0 0%
1 Super Bowl appearance, no SB win 1 0.76%
1 SB appearance, 1 SB win 9 6.82%
More than 1 SB appearance, 2 SB wins 53 40.15%
More than 1 SB appearance, 3 SB wins 34 25.76%
More than 1 SB appearance, 4 SB wins 12 9.09%
More than 1 SB appearance, 5 SB wins 1 0.76%
More than 1 SB appearance, 6 SB wins 22 16.67%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Can the next 6 years be close to the first 6 years of the Mahomes era?
RunKC 07:49 PM 06-22-2024
So we know at this point that Andy has been with Mahomes as a starter for 6 years and the results speak for themselves.

The next 6 years will run through Mahomes prime and Andy is signed through that time. Let’s assume a few things:

1. Andy coaches all 6 years
2. Spags coaches all 6 years and retires with Andy at the end of the 2029 season
3. Kelce plays 2 more seasons as planned and then retires
4. Chris Jones plays 3 more seasons
5. The Chiefs lose Dave Merritt in 2025 when his son graduates and heads to college
6. Mahomes does not suffer a significant injury in the next 6 years

What do you think? Can they possibly match the success they had in the first 6 years? Poll incoming
[Reply]
BWillie 10:24 PM 06-23-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
The margins are thin, but Mahomes is 15-3 in the playoffs so far. Thin margins or not he seems to come out on top by a 5:1 ratio.
That is what happens when you are the best team and have good fortune all at the same time. There is no question we have been fortunate in the playoffs. Somebody has to be so it might as well be us.
[Reply]
|Zach| 05:42 AM 06-24-2024
I am really interested to see us going into this coming year with a focus on going vertical and stretching the field more.
[Reply]
Chieficus 05:59 AM 06-24-2024
My heart says: Yes, we're going to keep this rolling. My head reminds me that what we're watching is extremely rare, though, and hard to sustain. Yet, my head also knows what Mahomes has done over and over, even when things looked bleak, so I'm ruling nothing out, no matter how hard to sustain.
[Reply]
O.city 07:05 AM 06-24-2024
Man....it's just gonna be tough to repeat those things, so many are just coinflips. Just keep chugging along.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:20 AM 06-24-2024
Three peat separates them from the entire history of the league.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 07:24 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
And don't forget the 13 second game or whatever long it was. Super duper thin margins. Yes we came out ahead but that's not exactly something you can rely on year to year.
Counterpoint: Chiefs are a Dee Ford offsides and Eric Fisher’s Achilles away from potentially 5 SB wins in 6 years.

2-3 is very realistic.
[Reply]
TLO 07:35 AM 06-24-2024
One thing I've learned over the past several years is that you don't doubt Patrick Mahomes. Particularly in the biggest of moments.

I have no idea what the next 6 years will bring, but I'm happy to be along for the ride.
[Reply]
O.city 07:55 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:
Counterpoint: Chiefs are a Dee Ford offsides and Eric Fisher’s Achilles away from potentially 5 SB wins in 6 years.

2-3 is very realistic.
You're kinda making his point for him though. Those are what happens when the quarter comes down on heads.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:58 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:

2-3 is very realistic.
And an uncharacteristic awful second half by Mahomes.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 08:08 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
You're kinda making his point for him though. Those are what happens when the quarter comes down on heads.
I think it’s lazy to say these outcomes are coin flips.

15-3 is more like winning at blackjack when you draw a 19. Mahomes, Reid, etc are a huge statistical advantage.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:42 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think just by the law of averages it will be difficult for Mahomes and Co ro replicate the success they've had in the first six years. I'd say I expect another SB appearance, MAYBE two but Mahomes could play just as good or a little better and we still might not replicate the success we've had.
This. Winning super bowls is so god damn hard. Even when Brady was getting better as a QB, he had an 8 year gap between super bowls. But seeing as we have the best QB and the best ran organization in the NFL currently, we always have a good chance.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up