View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 49 of 343
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:16 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Chiefs either pay him or they will have to allocate draft resources for his successor...I'd pay him and forget about the LT position for the next 5 years. The entire right side of the OL is cheap for the next 3 years.

Use the draft capital saved to replace other expensive positions like DE, CB, WR...a decent LT is going to cost you...one way or another.

Brown is good enough to not complicate restocking the team...Clark is off the books soon. They have a lot of draft picks next year...

Chiefs dont need the best LT in the world...

I'm getting Frank Clark vibes from him due the comment, he'll turn into a fatass not caring if he wins or loses when he's paid.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:18 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I'm getting Frank Clark vibes from him due the comment, he'll turn into a fatass not caring if he wins or loses when he's paid.
:-)

He literally lost weight to better prepare for this season, despite his contract situation.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:21 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

He literally lost weight to better prepare for this season, despite his contract situation.

"Contract season is undefeated" Andy Reid

LOL, " can you read, nuance"

Disregard " backup LT comment"
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:23 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Fishers AAV was $12mil when he re-signed. He wasn't that highly paid. It was a fair deal for both him and the team.
So what's the threshold for giving OBJ the bag? Can he improve a little bit from last year and demonstrate health and consistency over two seasons and get it? Or does he have to be Orlando Pace?
[Reply]
TEX 04:36 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So what's the threshold for giving OBJ the bag? Can he improve a little bit from last year and demonstrate health and consistency over two seasons and get it? Or does he have to be Orlando Pace?
I'd be fine with option A.
[Reply]
-King- 04:59 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Continue getting better. Show progress against speed rushers when Mahomes either takes a deep drop for a long developing plays or when he does it just because that's what he does at times. Like he should at least be in the conversation for one of the best in the league.
[Reply]
-King- 05:00 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
When people are asking how you're going to handle finding replacement, they aren't looking for vague answers.

If it's the draft, who are you trading up for specifically?

If it's free agency, who are you going after specifically?

If it's a trade, who are you targeting specifically?

If you're going to be overly critical, you should at least be able to have names in mind. Otherwise, you're just proving that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

When I talked about the Chiefs using the money they saved on Tyreek to get an EDGE next year to pair with Karlaftis, I specifically mentioned Marcus Davenport. That's how it works.
Ok. Good to know.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:02 PM 06-17-2022

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:47 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Chiefs either pay him or they will have to allocate draft resources for his successor...I'd pay him and forget about the LT position for the next 5 years. The entire right side of the OL is cheap for the next 3 years.

Use the draft capital saved to replace other expensive positions like DE, CB, WR...a decent LT is going to cost you...one way or another.

Brown is good enough to not complicate restocking the team...Clark is off the books soon. They have a lot of draft picks next year...

Chiefs dont need the best LT in the world...
You don't know that.

Sure, nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, but it really would be easier if you knew you weren't getting into a Frank Clark situation.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:51 PM 06-17-2022
Sure, it won't be hard if he doesn't want elite money or is willing to give KC team friendly outs along the way instead of long term hard guarantees.

But what if he doesn't? And he isn't sounding real team friendly from what I've gathered so far.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:55 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
You don't know that.

Sure, nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, but it really would be easier if you knew you weren't getting into a Frank Clark situation.
It's not a Frank Clark situation unless OBJ declines in play.

Frank Clark fucking sucks. OBJ just isn't a top 5 LT. Big difference.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:55 PM 06-17-2022
You don't know that.

After OBJ's comments then Andy's the Chiefs are in that realm we'll see how he does season but beyond this upcoming year I'm afraid of the DGAF if we win attitude .
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:59 PM 06-17-2022
You don't know that.

Unless Brown is an excellent bullshitter...he seems committed to being good at what he does because of his father.

Could he get fat and lazy? Sure..once you get paid, it's human nature.

Conversely, you could spend years trying to find an adequate replacement if your rookie LT doesn't pan out..

He wasn't terrible in his first full year at LT...in a new system. I except him to improve in year two...Ravens were run focused with Lamar...

Chiefs knew this was part of the deal when they traded for him....that he would need a contract extension.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:10 PM 06-17-2022
If there were young, top 8 LT available on the market every year...and they could be had for the same money...yeah, entertain it. This isn't reality...
[Reply]
SAGA45 07:33 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
But does anyone really think he'll hold out through the season if we don't sign him to an elite tier contract? How would that help him?
It helps him to eventually get the deal he wants or something close, whether it's from the Chiefs or another team.

Brown is 26 with elite size and durability (played more snaps than any tackle in the league last season per PFF ). He seems fully aware of his value at a premium position and appears prepared to sit out the entire season if it comes to that.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 343
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up